It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIT web site gathers and displays information on government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Annoyed by the prospect of a massive new federal surveillance system, two researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology are celebrating the Fourth of July with a new Internet service that will let citizens create dossiers on government officials.

The system will start by offering standard background information on politicians, but then go one bold step further, by asking Internet users to submit their own intelligence reports on government officials -- reports that will be published with no effort to verify their accuracy.

"It's sort of a citizen's intelligence agency," said Chris Csikszentmihalyi, assistant professor at the MIT Media Lab.

Boston Globe

Mission

To empower citizens by providing a single, comprehensive, easy-to-use repository of information on individuals, organizations, and corporations related to the government of the United States of America.

To allow citizens to submit intelligence about government-related issues, while maintaining their anonymity. To allow members of the government a chance to participate in the process.

Government Information Awareness web site

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
About time we had a clearinghouse for information on government officials I will be curious to see what they find out.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
however the part that says
"reports that will be published with no effort to verify their accuracy" kinda bugs me, this means that there may end up being a lot of anti US crackheads who go and post a bunch of radical i hate bush stuff, more or less, however, i hope more attentio will be payed to the little weaselly men who do their stuff behind the scenes, they're a lot worse then the ppl in the light.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I cant get the site to open, keep getting error message

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
They just launched the site. I think they are having some difficulties at the moment.

The link below contains info & the link to the site.
MIT News

Official Site

Open Government Information Awareness

[Edited on 5-7-2003 by MiStErBeLLaTrIx]

I just got into the site.

[Edited on 5-7-2003 by MiStErBeLLaTrIx]

top topics

join