It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DAG Rod Rosenstein Agrees to Testify on October 24th - But Only Allows 4 Congressmen to be Present.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
October 19, 2018

CONGRESS has oversight authority of the Department of Justice, yet Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein dictates to Congress the terms under which he will testify. That's not supposed to happen in this country.

Two Republican lawmakers who have led the push for Rod Rosenstein to appear on Capitol Hill, are criticizing an agreement that allows the deputy attorney general to testify behind closed doors, before a limited number of lawmakers.

Jordan and Meadows were responding to an announcement from Republican Reps. Bob Goodlatte of Virginia and Trey Gowdy of South Carolina, the chairmen of the Judiciary and Oversight Committees, respectively, that Rosenstein will appear Oct. 24 for a transcribed, closed-door interview, inside a maximum security SCIF room.

The agreement limits the number of lawmakers in the interview to four: Bob Goodlatte, Trey Gowdy, and the top two Democrats on the respective committees, New York Rep. Jerry Nadler, and Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings.

That means Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows, who have been among Rosenstein’s staunchest critics, will not be allowed to press the DOJ no. 2 over allegations that in May 2017, he offered to wear a wire during meetings with President Donald Trump.

The allegation was made in memos written by former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe. McCabe also claimed that Rosenstein suggested using the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office. The New York Times first broke the story on Sept. 21, 2018.

Rosenstein has said he was joking about wearing a wire and never discussed deposing Trump.

For his part, Trump appears to have accepted Rosenstein’s story. Trump has said that after speaking with Rosenstein about the allegations, he has no plans to fire the DOJ no. 2, who is overseeing the special counsel’s Russia investigation.
Full Story at: dailycaller.com...

Sooo..Republican Congressmen feel Rod Rosenstein IS GUILTY of saying that he wanted to get President Trump removed from office. But President Trump believes Rod Rosenstein's assurance, that he DID NOT say this to top DOJ/FBI people in the meeting.

Also, the two Republicans who will take part in the questioning of Rod Rosenstein (Goodlatte and Gowdy) are not running for re-election next month. I wonder if that has anything to do with them being chosen? You can be sure that Nadler and Cummings will only ask Rosenstein about easy subjects, like how his kids are doing, what toothpastes he recommends, etc..

Does anyone have an informed idea of what's going on behind the scenes, regarding Rod Rosenstein? I'm totally miffed. Lots of conflicting messages being relayed this past 6 months, especially.

-CareWeMust

edit on 10/19/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
While I’d never claim to be informed on DC shenanigans, my guess is this is just another example of the swamp being the swamp. My other guess is that President Trumps sudden change of perspective on Rosenstein likely has to do with something Rosenstein told him...unfortunately, it always seems to me that POTUS is too quick to take people at their word if he likes what he hears. I think it comes from the naïveté of not being a full blown politician.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
October 19, 2018

Does anyone have an informed idea of what's going on behind the scenes, regarding Rod Rosenstein? I'm totally miffed. Lots of conflicting messages being relayed this past 6 months, especially.

I'm pretty sure the consensus is that Trump and Sessions are pretending and playing games.

Very Soon™, it will all become clear, the Strategy will reveal itself and Sessions will un-recuse himself and fire Rosenstein, who will be shown to actually have been a lower demon of some sort.

True story.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

President Trump rose through a cut-throat industry. But most of the business people had honor and character. Now he's dealing with politicians who have neither. So yes, it is possible that Rosenstein is "snookering" him.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

I agree with you about AG Jeff Sessions. A prosecutor doesn't earn the nickname of "Silent Executioner", and then suddenly de-evolve into a wimp. Something very complex is being executed.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
One thing I see that is going on that shows Rosenstien is damaged goods, is his lack of respect for his oath of position in serving the public trust. By dictating his own terms of how he will be accountable to the people of America shows he shouldn't be there in ANY capacity.

This is the same arrogance that the other former disgraced FBI brass showed. They just thumb their noses at duty and proper protocol as if they are untouchables. He should be sh*t-canned immediately and have his benefits terminated as well.

Any of these people that act this way can't be trusted. This behavior to questioning and when confronted about their conduct and they respond making their own terms like this deserves immediate dismissal. He is protecting their system they have fostered within the FBI with this good old boys club attitude, and some have already been exposed with these same attitudes and they have already gone in disgrace.. And then they just lie right in the faces of our elected who demand answers.
Throw him out so he lands next to the curb in the parking lot.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Interesting.

It may be that Trump is just biding his time with RR.

Time will tell, tick tock.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ive read that it’s possible both Rosenstein and Sessions resign before end of year.

If that comes to fruition, the current state of things make sense & this meeting is probably scheduled in order for them to plan their vacations
edit on 1530x6715America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago10 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

October 19, 2018

CONGRESS has oversight authority of the Department of Justice, yet Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein dictates to Congress the terms under which he will testify. That's not supposed to happen in this country.

Two Republican lawmakers who have led the push for Rod Rosenstein to appear on Capitol Hill, are criticizing an agreement that allows the deputy attorney general to testify behind closed doors, before a limited number of lawmakers.

Jordan and Meadows were responding to an announcement from Republican Reps. Bob Goodlatte of Virginia and Trey Gowdy of South Carolina, the chairmen of the Judiciary and Oversight Committees, respectively, that Rosenstein will appear Oct. 24 for a transcribed, closed-door interview, inside a maximum security SCIF room.

The agreement limits the number of lawmakers in the interview to four: Bob Goodlatte, Trey Gowdy, and the top two Democrats on the respective committees, New York Rep. Jerry Nadler, and Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings.

That means Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows, who have been among Rosenstein’s staunchest critics, will not be allowed to press the DOJ no. 2 over allegations that in May 2017, he offered to wear a wire during meetings with President Donald Trump.

The allegation was made in memos written by former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe. McCabe also claimed that Rosenstein suggested using the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office. The New York Times first broke the story on Sept. 21, 2018.

Rosenstein has said he was joking about wearing a wire and never discussed deposing Trump.

For his part, Trump appears to have accepted Rosenstein’s story. Trump has said that after speaking with Rosenstein about the allegations, he has no plans to fire the DOJ no. 2, who is overseeing the special counsel’s Russia investigation.
Full Story at: dailycaller.com...

Sooo..Republican Congressmen feel Rod Rosenstein IS GUILTY of saying that he wanted to get President Trump removed from office. But President Trump believes Rod Rosenstein's assurance, that he DID NOT say this to top DOJ/FBI people in the meeting.

Also, the two Republicans who will take part in the questioning of Rod Rosenstein (Goodlatte and Gowdy) are not running for re-election next month. I wonder if that has anything to do with them being chosen? You can be sure that Nadler and Cummings will only ask Rosenstein about easy subjects, like how his kids are doing, what toothpastes he recommends, etc..

-CareWeMust

Pretty smart actually. It limits the number of possible leaks and is taking place in a SCIF so there cant be recording devices or phones. All word of mouth and notes. I'd bet they have made a deal to have a stenographer type the notes so they all have the same ones.

Anywho...it is odd, but I believe a pretty smart move.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Goodlatte and Gowdy have been all over this for a bit though....

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte on Thursday subpoenaed the memos and materials belonging to former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe as part of a joint investigation into decisions “made and not made” by the Justice Department and FBI during the 2016 election.

Goodlatte, R-Va., penned a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions Thursday notifying him of the subpoena, which was issued as part of his investigation with House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C.
“Given the Department’s ongoing delays and/or refusal to produce these documents, I am left with no choice but to issue the enclosed subpoena to compel their production,” Goodlatte wrote to Sessions.

Goodlatte gave the Justice Department an October 4 deadline to provide the documents.

source

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Very interesting turn of events.
Great Thread!
Thanks for all your consistent hard work.

S&F

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Kinda thinking something is about to come out....

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Trump AZ rally about to start. Will see if he says anything related.
Links to live feeds: theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

And he's killing it....to a packed house....lol

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

And he's killing it....to a packed house....lol

It's interesting that at each rally this month, President Trump tells the audience, "But don't worry, everything is going to be fine.", after describing Democrats dirty tricks coast-to-coast.

I think an October or early November "surprise" is planned.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

8Chan under sustained waves of denial of service attacks, the most severe they've ever seen according to their Twitter.

Quite a few said a MOAB from Q was supposed to drop today as well and was expected(?).

I'm thinking some is up also, Q has been silent for nearing 12 days. He only does that when something is going to happen or is happening.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

I've seen those reports too. The Blue Wave is gone. Red Wave rising. Venues that have the potential totally wreck Democrats are being attacked. The next 12 days will be marked by wall-to-wall panic and desperation.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Kinda thinking something is about to come out....

If Rosenstein is a "good guy" (aka "White Hat"), somebody needs to let Congressmen Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows in on the secret. They are totally angry today over the restricted Rosenstein interview format for this coming Wednesday.

thehill.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Alert HOLY CRAP! Alert

Congress cancels tomorrow's interview/interrogation of Deputy Attorney General ROD ROSESTEIN! Reason: They had too many questions to ask. That's bull. IMO, there's something else going on that only a few are privy to. Hope it's good for Republicans.

ARTICLE: www.rollcall.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Alert HOLY CRAP! Alert

Congress cancels tomorrow's interview/interrogation of Deputy Attorney General ROD ROSESTEIN! Reason: They had too many questions to ask. That's bull. IMO, there's something else going on that only a few are privy to. Hope it's good for Republicans.

ARTICLE: www.rollcall.com...

A more In-depth analysis of what is likely going on here: theconservativetreehouse.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join