It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lots of Deja Vu / Dreams Coming True Experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
For about the last month I've been having very frequent deja vu experiences. Probably 3 or 4 a week. All of them are experiences that were in my dreams. They all are mundane things, like driving to work and passing a certain car, sitting at work and looking at a specific model on my computer, etc. At the time I had the dreams I remember waking and thinking that they were stupid dreams, like what's the point of wasting a dream on something so ordinary? The experiences last for up to 30 seconds or so and during which everything plays out exactly like it did in my dreams. When all of them happen I feel this incredible "pull" like I have to do everything the way that I dreamed it. When I try to stop, or do something different, I have feelings almost like a panic attack. I get sick to my stomach and my pulse starts racing. I don't take any medications. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nerdyengineer

Sounds like you might be just trying to compute to much at the moment it happens, and the back of your mind go into overdrive, or trying to work harder to understand what's going on plus the whole sensation that its familiar is a distraction.

When ever I get them, they are usually instantaneous, fade in an out, never more then a second or more. I usually let them slide. There are times it won't happen for very long periods, and then they become frequent for a bit only to die down.
edit on 19-10-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 19-10-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I had one of those myself last week. It is a rather disconcerting experience. Used to have them much more frequently when I was younger and now that I'm older it seems even more weird. It feels almost like a time-displacement thing, or like time momentarily stopped.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Definitely don't take it for granted. Sometimes it can be useful. I have dreams like that happen to me all the time and for as long as I can remember. I relate to it as deja Vu as well. Nowadays, I'll dream and dream and be able to tell if it will be a prophetic dream or not (I call them prophetic dreams lol). I'll remember the dream and it'll always be very vivid as well. I'm never sure as to when I will live out that dream in real life, but when I do, I know exactly when it starts, I can predict what will happen for like the next minute or two, and then I know exactly when the deja vu stops. It's so weird . I'll have to make a thread about my craziest deja vu/prophetic dreams.

top topics

join