It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is about Love, not following religious traditions, those who killed Jesus were religious!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The most religious countries are also the most corrupted with violent crimes. God is about Love, not religious traditions.

In The Gospels, it was the highly religious people, called The Scribes and Pharisees that hated Jesus and quoted Bible verses at Him and called him blasphemous and a sinner who deserved to be crucified on The Cross.

When the leaders share more wealth with the people and replace oppressive religious laws which kills their own people with laws of Compassion which protects the well-being of the people, then the quality of Life will improve. In other words, the quality of Life reflects more Heavenly Peace, when there is Alignment with The Golden Rule of Christ (that in all things we treat others as we would like to be treated - Matthew 7:12). The Kingdom of God is within (Luke 17:21) and we shine The Light to glorify The Merciful Father of Heaven through our Good Works (Matthew 5:16).

edit on 10-19-2018 by lightofgratitude because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

Is being able to tolerate the cold a "key" to happiness?

I've survived in Flori-Duh for 14 years and I think My bones have adapted to this particular ecological niche. My "Bug Out" is Uruguay also a warm environ and pleasant exchange rate...

Yipes!! I'd dislike running into 'some guy' who was 'all Biblical and all...' and KNEW the Matthew quote AND a masochist... Egad, teach You to pick up a hitchhiker...

Although when the canine does grow a disposable thumb, I'm not only going to vote for them but I look forward to picking one up hitchhiking...

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Do you possibly have a link that we can view?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Romans killed Jesus, and they were not religious people.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zoyd23
I don't understand that claim. The Romans had a very elaborate religion, like everybody else at that time.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The religious leaders of the Jews had fallen far from where they should have been. The scripture they quoted, they twisted, and they also upheld a lot of oral/man-made traditions in the stead of God's law and word given to the nation of Israel.

The same thing has happened today. Many religions teach commands and doctrines of men instead of God's word. Jesus said that the religious leaders of his day were strict and demanding, they strained out the gnat, while gulping down the camel. They nit-picked very very trial and unimportant things, while ignoring the weightier things of the law.

Jesus is the one that always quoted God's word. In fact he stated that his bread was to do God's will. And that man must not live on bread alone, but on every utterance coming forth from Jehovah's mouth. (In Matthew 4 when he said that to the Devil he was quoting Deut 8:3).

Jesus also said that his yolk is kindly and his load is light. And tells all who are toiled and loaded down to come to him, because he is mild-tempered and lowly in heart. And you will find refreshment for your soul:

Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find refreshment for yourselves. For my yoke is kindly, and my load is light.
Matthew 11:28-30.

NO religious tradition apart from God's word will have success. God expects us to worship according to his word as found in the Bible.

"This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’" - Matthew 15:8, 9.

Drawing close to Jehovah in prayer, and study of his word, and associating with his people, doing his will, that is what brings happiness. God's holy spirit is with his people. And they are filled with all good works, with peaceful fruit along with love, and joy, and patience.

"And let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near." - Hebrews 10:24, 25.

"On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith,  mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. - Gal 5:22, 23.

Truth Transforms Lives
edit on 19-10-2018 by aniceday because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zoyd23

The Romans were a religious people with a pantheon of Gods.

They had laws determining which religious rituals were politically acceptable and socially mandated, and which were not.

Atheism (which they would have called Ignoramasism in pure Latin) would not really have been considered 'a thing'. Modern atheism is bound to scientific rationalism, which they did not have at the time. The most 'scientific-like' popular world view at the time was Aristotolean, which had a basis that assumes many religious paradigms.

Opposite to that, there were many in ancient Rome who ridiculed the notion that the 'Gods of Rome' were anything other than fantastic stories.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The Romans approved the execution of Jesus, which was demanded by certain leaders of the Jews in Jerusalem. Rome didn't have a care about Jesus until the Pharisees brought him to them and demanded his crucifixion. Pilate even tried to get him released, by offering a tradition to them whereby one prisoner would be released, and they demanded that a murderer be released so that Jesus would die.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

God is not about love. God is about judging people.

Love is accepting people. A God of unconditional love would not put labels on people. A God of unconditional love would be accepting of people no matter what their earthly sins have been. The God of the Bible is not a God of love.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Love is accepting people. A God of unconditional love would not put labels on people. A God of unconditional love would be accepting of people no matter what their earthly sins have been. The God of the Bible is not a God of love.

Every merciful and loving father disciplines their child. As for God accepting anyone no matter what their sins? This is what scripture states:

"Truly I say to you that all things will be forgiven the sons of men, no matter what sins they commit and what blasphemies they speak." Mark 3:28.

In fact for this very reason Jesus came into the world. To make sin manifest. And to give his life in exchange for many. So God's love has provided a way to justify and redeem sinful mankind.

" Or do you despise the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, because you do not know that God in his kindness is trying to lead you to repentance?" Romans 2:4.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Can you have love without justice
Can you have life without labels

The laws are for a reason, not to hurt yourself or others
God is love, you just think you know better than everyone else

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zoyd23

So I've been wrong all this time? The Roman's didn't take the Grecian Gods as their own and rename them?

*cough*

Zeus - Jupiter
Poseidon - Neptune
Aphrodite - Venus
Hades - Pluto

MANDELA!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Mathew 22 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Religion sets out to define "The proper way to Love God". As if God needs or is interested in ritualistic worship. Rituals were not created for God but for man. But man has placed the rituals themselves above their greater purpose.

To Love God is to obey his laws. His laws (10 commandments) are a way to teach people a logical and temporal approach to God. Jesus came to teach an inward spiritual approach to God looking at everything through the lense of love.

Love is the law. Anything that is opposed to Love is opposed to God and our true purpose.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: wtfatta

Indeed..

The Romans Loved anything Greek, sharing an ancestry I understand.

Romans also had a fascination with the Etruscans, who predated ancient Rome.

Either way, the Roman/Greek Gods are just as believable as the Jewish/Christo "God".

They are all from the mind of Man.

edit on 19-10-2018 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The Sadducce killed Jesus and John the Baptist. They went extinct with the destruction of Second Temple in 70AD. It seem The Hellenist were not spared from Roman's atrocities. Every single Israelites who demanded Jesus' death on that day were butchered at narrow alley near their own temple. How ironic.

Judas Isacriot hang himself out of guilt. Next to his dead body was a figure happily claimed his prize. A treasured throphy to celebrate in Gehenna.

Thousand of Amalekites children, women, elders, even oxes were killed by the Israelites. Millions Persian, European and Asian were killed by Mongul's Horde all over the half side of planet.

One thirds sons of gods descended to Earth to take men's daughters as their wives. They pleaded to Enoch for forgiveness.

Did God's love forgive all this people?

The Old Testament does not teach love by sodomized other people and the right to rape slaves, even if they are consensual by those people at that time. Neither it give license to sexually abuse children under the roof of Church.

Make no mistake with God's love and Just. For God hate sin. Forgiveness is not free. It's a gift and blessing one should not take for granted.

edit on 19-10-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Roman worshipped many gods. They set up Lararium to revere their ancestors. They have Estrucian Religion, where they worshipped Triad gods, like Jupiter, Mercury and Mars. And they also offered sacrifices to spirits.

And there was Lemuria or Lemures. Greek called them Lamia. But they were never Greek's origin. They were initiated by Romulus to appease his deceased brother, Remus.

Also there was this beautiful Roman girl name Lara. Jupiter cut her tongue and Mercury tried to rape her. Later, she was declared goddess Tacita and revered during festival of Feralia. Even Roman gods were afraid of her vengeance for she was gifted and protected by something else. This tale about the sons of gods protecting men's daughters ( even wives...sometime ) are amazing, I wish you were there to see it yourself.

In short, Roman were as religious as Hebrews speaking Greek and Aramaic.
edit on 19-10-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Can you have love without justice
Can you have life without labels

The laws are for a reason, not to hurt yourself or others
God is love, you just think you know better than everyone else

Many laws exist just for testing obedience and have nothing to do with people getting hurt. A God of judgment is NOT a God of love.

I'm pretty sure our omnipotent God knew exactly what was going to happen to the apple in the garden with a naked women prancing about.

I don't think God is interested in sin. I think what God wants is to share in us having quality human experiences. What makes us happy makes God happy. What makes of miserable makes God miserable. God appreciates fine works of art.

The Bible's obsession with sin is more about legitimizing monarchy as a divine form of government. The Bible is King James propaganda created to preserve King James power. Just read King James book, "The True Law of Free Monarchies". I imagine what was originally in the Bible was more egalitarian in nature before King James destroyed it for the purposes of propaganda and political power.

edit on 20-10-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I don't think King James was a great man but his version of the bible stands the test, the bible stands alone from his other work

The bible doesn't have an obsession with sin, the problem with sin is it destroys lives and that is ongoing
God hates sin not for the sin itself but the damage it does to people
Lives are destroyed by sin, how you tie that in with naked women and apples, with freewill and art s anyone's guess

If there is no justice then there is only revenge and if I wasn't a Christian I would get me some of that.

top topics

join