It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should fake accusers be punished

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Having read the article and seen other cases like this the following can be stated:

The idea of rape and sexual assault is one that tends to get others inflamed. The very mention can cause all sorts of problems for both the accused and the accuser. It should be handled delicately, as those accused, even when proven innocent, have had their lives ruined. And as sad as it is, there have been those who have used this to ruin the lives of others. And this is not the first time it has happened.

Is the school at fault, no, as they are bound by laws, that dictate their actions. The fault lies with the District Attorney and the girls who did this. The DA should have insisted on a very complete. And then there are those girls.

Should those girls be punished, yes. The problem is that they used the system, abused it for their own advantage, ruining the life of the boy. How does he ever recover from such? The damage is going to be long lasting in his home town. The city, county and state will have to pay for such, as should the girls and their families.

I will agree, that if at a complete investigation is done that the girls should be punished, as if they themselves had committed the crime, and that restitution to the boy and his family should be made.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

what does that commandment say? can you write because you know i may not find the right source?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think all you could do is try to sue for slander. Its not a crime to lie unfortunatly.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

... Yes? Obviously yes.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There is no question, yes. Depending on the accusation, false claims can destroy lives. Ruin reputations forever in the eyes of the community and ones professional circles. One way to prevent the weaponization of spurious accusations, is to make the consequences of doing so be such that it just wouldnt be worth it.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

totally agree

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yes, it is already against the law toFiling a false police report

Filing a false police report can lead to multiple criminal consequences. Many states call this charge "false report to a peace officer." It is one of the few types of speech that is not constitutionally protected. Lying to a law enforcement officer can result in a criminal conviction

Honestly, I think public accusations should hold a higher penalty, because it promotes GUILTY until PROVEN innocent. Which is far worse. Once those kind of accusations are brought forth, there are consequences for the accused that follow them the rest of their life whether proven or unfounded.

And one false accusation can completely derail an investigation and possible prosecution of someone that is actually a true offender.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I say yes, and publicly.
These scum bags are setting out to destroy a person from the inside out.
And just because the person is found innocent doesn’t mean there no damage done.
Accusations can follow a person for the rest of their lives.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
My question is, do these girls deserve punishment equal to the punishment the boy would have received if found guilty?

The purpose of punishment is at least twofold.

First - It's an action against the perpetrators of an infringement which leads to balance.
Second - It serves as a deterrent to others.

These girls should be publicly bound and have their tongues cut completely out of their throats. That'd just about bring an end to the bearing of false witness.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I think all you could do is try to sue for slander. Its not a crime to lie unfortunatly.

It is a crime to lie to law enforcement.

Which they did.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
God I feel for the kid, there is no coming back from 2 accusations, how can this kid ever trust in anyone he comes in contact with now?

I hope his family is well off enough to move because keeping him in this environment would be torture, its disgusting that these girls will at worst get a very weak slap on the wrist for wrecking a young man.

Is every accusation false, no obviously not and I find it interesting in a way that some leftist I know are dead set against the death penalty saying things like better 100 guilty go free rather than 1 innocent die. Yet when it comes to assault/rape accusations its better that all men be guilty, it makes no logical sense....

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Perverting the course of justice is a crime in the UK, its pretty much perjury and am sure its a crime in other parts of the world.

If someone is proven to lie in a court of law they are committing a crime, in most places I would imagine.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   
what really needs to happen is to change the laws. first and foremost we need to make it illegal for a workplace or school to have anything to do with any claims, or to penalize anyone over such claims until such claims have be verified in a court of law. in fact all a workplace or school should be allowed to do is to refer the accuser to the police. no taking any action whatsoever against the accused. no job or promotion loss, no suspensions or expulsions of students, etc. and definitely must keep any such claims completely confidential. quite simply if a crime may have been committed, then let the police, who's job it is to deal with such things deal with it. along with that there also need to be laws put into place stopping such accusations being made publicly such as in media or social media. with appropriate charges and penalties made against those who do so.

and until that happens we need to make both accusers and everyone else involved pay the price for such accusations. things like appropriate sentencing for false accusations of crimes. being more that the penalties for the crime they have accused others of. as well as the media and places like schools and workplaces having to be made financially responsible for their parts in such accusations. for example where a school has expelled a student they should have to pay for lost wages based upon what the student could have earned for life. and the same for people who have been fired or lost promotions at work. that the workplaces be held responsible for their actions and have to pay the person's wages for life. for their participation of injustice. and should be held liable for anyone who has not been found guilty of the accused crimes in a court of law. and when it comes to the falsely accused that have been found guilty in a court of law, and later have been found to have been falsely imprisoned and/or found to have been false allegations that the court system (ie the tax payer) be held responsible for payment of their wages for life. when public press has been involved in the situation which names such an accused, that they share the financial burden of paying these people's wages for life. and of course on top of things like wages, these should also along with the accuser be held libel for other damages on top of wages.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

yes , the punishment should be equal to the accused crime

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join