It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Amazon Project Z

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This topic is about a TV show that aired last night on the travel channel. The title: Lost Amazon: Project Z S01E01 - Hunting Giants piqued my interest. Unfortunately, I don't get this channel so I looked for a place to download it unsuccessfully. Then I searched Google and found it on You Tube. It turned out to be a search for evidence of the Chachapoya culture. These people were a pre-Columbian era civilization that also predated the Inca who ended up conquering them. According to Wikipedia "The Chachapoyas, also called the "Warriors of the Clouds", was a culture of Andes living in the cloud forests of the Amazonas Region of present-day Peru."

There are already 2 archeological sites. "Excavations at Manachaqui Cave, in Pataz District, recovered evidence of very early human occupation,

Two AMS dates calibrated to approximately 12,200 and 11,900 BP (dates calibrated using McCormac et al. 2004; OxCal v.3.10, Bronk Ramsey 2005 unless otherwise noted) accompany scrapers, gravers, burins, and stemmed projectile points (see Figure 45.2a-g) resembling north coastal Peruvian Paiján (Chauchat 1988) and highland Ecuadorian El Inga styles (Bell 2000)."

Really, very little is known about these people. Their dwellings are so remote and deep into the jungle. In this show, a completely undiscovered city is found and explored. I was impressed enough to post the episode here.

If it's OK with You Tube and the Travel Channel, I don't feel I am infringing copyright. Travel Channel shows are posted there on a regular basis. I've never seen one taken down.

Lost Amazon Project Z S01E01 - Hunting Giants
43:32
contains parts of some commerials

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I have the app on my cell and tried to find it on there but had no luck. So thank you for posting the youboob video! Can’t wait to watch this later. Good find

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Great find. I watched the video. Thanks for finding something like this. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I couldn’t resist

I just grabbed my Bluetooth earpiece and tilted my cell on my monitor. Shut the door and decided to do mindless work whilst I watch this!

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I recorded it after I saw it in the channel guide last night--I plan to watch it tonight, if possible. I love--LOVE--stuff like this.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Thank you for that link to your facebook video, it is astounding and I for one would love to see that entire city REALLY investigated rather than the cover up's of inconveniences which have been repeated again and again, it that is just one city how large was this culture really and how old really.

There is a whole conspiracy about caucasoid bone's predating the mongoloid people's that came over the baring strait's land bridge and perhaps proving the supposed native people's are actually the descendant's of successive waves of human migration and conquest of the America's, those chachapoya people are fascinating, I wonder if they are linked by there ancestor's to Pheonician sailors whom are rumored to have left inscriptions in the amazon delta.

At any rate they prove not only a lost history but a DENIED history of the Americas is actually the true one.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this! Great show and incredible find in Peru. It boggles the mind to realize that this entire planet is still relatively unexplored.

With the tech we have these days, we should have a lot more shows like this one — discovering new ancient sites.
Instead, we have never ending reality TV episodes. Drama upon drama.... killing me not so softly.
edit on 17-10-2018 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

This is the first episode. Don't know what the rest are about. I hope they're just as good and I can still find them.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I was a little sceptical at the title 'Hunting Giants', but have to say that it was a fantastic program. I could of watched another hour or 3 of it. Hope the next is just as good, can't wait for it.

Any idea when the next episode is?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Very angry with Spectrum, that no whatever what I search for on my DVR in the Guide, I can not find this show associated with the Travel channel or any other channel so that I can set it to record!

top topics

join