It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube is censoring Russian music - videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I was reading about the Alexandrov Ensemble's (men's choir) cover of a few songs so I did a search for it and sure enough, they were on Youtube. I clicked the link and a song loaded and it started to played. There were normal links to other songs by the "group" as well as older recordings. I opened a couple fine in other tabs (this was within about 1-2 mins). Then when I went to the other videos I got a black screen telling me it wasn't available and the whole page was blanked out in grey (all the links, titles, info, etc - all the text was covered in grey boxes). EVERY video or song by this group does this, I tried about 20 and in 3 browsers. Each browser doesn't even have the title of the page dispayed like it is supposed to at the top of the window. It just says "Youtube - Firefox (or Chrome)". I closed the first window and tried to reload what I had just played and it came up as "an error occured. Please try again later. (playback ID SADJF:SJDFJASPOJFPSADJ)

I found many of these videos on other sites and they play fine, so it has to be Youtube doing it. Everything else works fine on the site except every song linked to this guys name of the choir name.

Can anyone think of why this would be? Is this some kind of active measurement to cause problems? I wanted to read comments on some performances but I can't because they are all covered in grey boxes!
edit on 10 16 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

edit on 10 16 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

TBH at this moment youboob is censoring everything

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

DO like CT's do and automatically jump to a conclusion without knowing all the facts.

Oh wait, you already did that.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

TBH at this moment youboob is censoring everything

Well it looks like this is coinciding the same time as some other outage but it is a little odd because after the videos came up not available, other videos loaded so now IDK what is going on. I can't load other links on YT either now. Maybe it wasn't censoring but some things aren't working right. We'll see when it comes back up.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well when YT was supposedly down, I was still loading videos and playing them, maybe the servers weren't accepting new clients but active ones were allowed to continue the sessions...

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
Well when YT was supposedly down, I was still loading videos and playing them, maybe the servers weren't accepting new clients but active ones were allowed to continue the sessions...

There is no supposedly down..

It is down around the world: www.digitaltrends.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

YouTube is completely screwed up right now. The same thing is happening to a lot of people.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Well, the real question is, whose watching Russian music videos?

The only Russian videos I watch are ones that include bears, insane things done while drinking, and hanging/jumping off very tall buildings.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

There is no supposedly down..

It is down around the world: www.digitaltrends.com...

Supposedly meaning I read the times of the tweets and postings online of when the outage was reported and I was still loading new videos after that and playing videos that were already opened. I checked the time stamps in my browser history for when the pages were opened and when I did the searches and it was well into the reported outage. That's why I was saying it could be related to individual sessions.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Well, the real question is, whose watching Russian music videos?

The only Russian videos I watch are ones that include bears, insane things done while drinking, and hanging/jumping off very tall buildings.

Well you are a good american then. Well send you a happy meal.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

No fries please. I’m done with fries. I’ll take Apple slices.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hey, don't dis Russian videos, watch Russian and old eastern block countries road rage, driver fails, bully fails, special police and instant karma. There are occasionally tanks and other heavy military vehicles. They seem to have equal opportunity drunks and idiots.

The American, Canadian and Australian videos, no matter how intoxicated or high, are just a warm up.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
WTH. What am I supposed to listen to while eating my pickled herring?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Original Thread HERE

Duplicate Closed

top topics

join