It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan togo BACK to TALIBAN now called Islamic Emirate Afghanistan in talks wUS diplomats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
ok so were we beat ? All the death and destruction was for NOTHING ARE THEY GOING TO REOPEN TERRORIST TRAINING CAMPS over there?

WHY are we the (USA) negotiating with these turds ??? Did all of our efforts & or military die and get maimed in vain? Trump best do something about this or he actually will get impeached not reelected at least if this happens!!!!

LOOK AT THEIR WEBSITE !!! Advertised in BIG BOLD LETTERS : "Voice of JIhad" Like WTF is our Sate Department doing?????
WHEN DID WE START NEGOTIATING WITH TERRORISTS ?? i kinda thought that was a nono?

alemarah-english.com...

A high-level Taliban delegation arrived in the Qatari capital of Doha on Friday for talks with US diplomats. It announced it was representing the “Islamic Emirate Afghanistan.

DEBKA Exclusive: A high-level Taliban delegation arrived in the Qatari capital of Doha on Friday for talks with US diplomats. It announced it was representing the “Islamic Emirate Afghanistan.” The US side was led by former US ambassador to Kabul, Dr. Zalmay Khalilzad, who was recently appointed the US administration’s special representative for Afghanistan reconciliation. Ali Haj Sher Muhammad Abbas Stanikzai, head of the Taliban’s political office, said that his movement welcomes the start of talks, provided the United States accepts the “ground realities of Afghanistan and deals with the core issues.”
edit on 15-10-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

It was all for nothing regardless of what happens with the region now.

It was all done for a paycheck. If you got one.

Everyone that died was murdered. Everyone we lost was lost for foreign profit.

If you are sick and angry then you still have a pulse.

If you are happy that we got to pump more money into defense, while also learning marketable combat lessons, then you are absolutely retarded.

edit on 10 15 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Who created and funded the Taliban?

Who benefits from conflict in Afghanistan?

Was U.S. presence in Afghanistan ever about defeating the Taliban?

What does Afghanistan export?

Why the re-emergence now?

What did Trump drop the MOAB on in Afghanistan?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

This sums it up nicely...

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
So i guess the same type of logic applies to Afghanistan? because to me it's kinda simple :

Terrorist training camps run by Taliban in Afghanistan = BAD
Taliban Governing Afghanistan = BAD
Taliban website- Official Voice of jihad = BAD
SECRET US meetings with the Taliban =BAD

So what's good with this ?? Nothing =BAD
edit on 15-10-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
My friend you sound like many of the grunts and airmen after Vietnam fell.. You can not take this stuff personally or it will eat you alive.

All of us who served were just pawns to be moved on a battlefield ...some pawns made it back in one peace and some did not. If you still have all your body pieces consider yourself lucky.

The whole 911 mid east stuff was just a bunch of B.S. Oh fight them over there so we do not have to fight them here; great line and was sold with much fervor... yet... How many from the mid-east have they allowed into the E.U. and the states ? I could go on and on but all anyone has to do is look at the headlines from places like France, Germany, Sweden, to realize this is not an immigration to assimilate but a full blown way to conquer and convert . Just give them time to breed and organize.

This is the kind of 7th century crap they want to import: sputniknews.com...

The woman was convicted in 2010 after she allegedly insulted Prophet Mohammed in a dispute with Muslim workers over a bowl of water.

Thousands of Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan Islamist political party supporters held rallies in several cities across the country, demanding that the authorities uphold a death sentence for Asia Bibi, a 53-year old Christian woman convicted of insulting Prophet Mohammed, Newsweek Pakistan reports.

The protesters were reportedly chanting “Hang infidel Asia!” as they were marching through the streets, and threatened to hold nationwide protests if the woman is released.

I am a little sensitive to this subject as not a month goes by when some police, military, teacher, nurse, doctor, or just a mother going to market is not killed by the Muslims in the south that want their own state or country and their own laws.. I suppose it is a natural progression for it has been played for hundreds of years.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
Trump best do something about this or he actually will get impeached not reelected at least if this happens!!!!

You cannot give people a republic, that is something they need to strive for themselves. If they want a religious theocracy than that's what they deserve.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I do not think our state department is recognizing this group as the leaders or the actual political voice of Afghanistan. What they are doing is meeting with them in Q to negotiate. What is your interest in making it seem otherwise?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wow sounds like a lot has changed over there in the last 17 years.
Wait make that’s 4000 years.

edit on 15-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

WHEN DID WE START NEGOTIATING WITH TERRORISTS ?? i kinda thought that was a nono?

It´s all about the Opium production. The situation today in Afghanistan is similar to the "Warlord period (1989–1994)", where the Soviet Army was forced to withdraw. After the Soviet Army there was a power vacuum and the various Mujahideen faction started fighting each other.

Of course, with the discontinuation of Western support, the Mujahideen factions resorted ever more to poppy cultivation to finance their military existence.

That is also true for today. According the UNODC - Survey - 2017

The survey results found a clear and well-established link between lack of government control, insecurity and increased opium poppy cultivation. Lack of governmental presence and security are driving factors for opium cultivation and opium cultivation further destabilizes the country by funding insurgency and anti-government groups. The Ministry of Counter-Narcotics (MCN)/UNODC estimated that in 2017, insurgency groups, including the Taliban, accrued a minimum of US$ 116 - 184 million from taxing the opiate production in Afghanistan.

So yeah, it´s all about "Opium-Export" and less about "Terrorist -Groups". So i guess new negotiations are in order about it.

Peace

edit on 15-10-2018 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TheJesuit
Trump best do something about this or he actually will get impeached not reelected at least if this happens!!!!

You cannot give people a republic, that is something they need to strive for themselves. If they want a religious theocracy than that's what they deserve.

I suspect the US is letting it happen because it is a waste of time and resources. Your point is right about they need to decide for themselves.

However it is clear to me that 'globalist' want the world in Chaos so they can swoop in and scoop up more profits. Marxism being the method of control of the masses.

The opium crop was being destroyed by the Taliban was about the only thing they do right. Protecting the Opium crop is one theory on why Bush went there and Obama stayed. Someone in the US Gov at a high level have tended to protect those kind of things for some reason in the Golden Triangle.

I will feel sad for the weaker people of Afghanistan who will be living under Sharia and suffer public beatings of their rape victims again. Gang rapes of women ordered by Sharia Mullah's for Sharia crimes of the men against another family will surely happen again, so sad.

edit on 15-10-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

We went into Afghanistan to spend money. Period. There's no way to win a ground war in Afghanistan other than turning the entire country into glass and starting over. That is a lesson that the Russians learned and the US conveniently forgot.

We spend probably trillions, killed millions and when the dust settles all that was accomplished was fattening the bank accounts of the ultra rich and creating millions of potential enemies for the USA.

Well done Bush/Obama.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Having spent 18 months on the ground in Afghanistan I'll put this as simply as I can. When we first arrived in country we did the Afghans a solid removing Taliban forces. That said, it's my opinion there is nowhere near the estimated amount of Taliban they keep referencing. I blame the private military contractors and their goal to prolong these wars for as long as theres a profit. I believe that is the only reason for our continued presence in Afghanistan. The privatization of war was a mistake from day one but our officials are happy to repeat it time and time again.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The US does not win or lose conflicts. We manage them.

The USA could end the world 150 times or more if it wanted. There is no "we lost" there is only a continuation of "We manage".

Please understand this. Then understand that the soldiers fought not for the idea (perhaps some) but many instead for the person next to them (some, mind you, actually enjoy war).

new topics

top topics

join