It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking to a moron about the weather.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Is this more to your liking?

www.scientificamerican.com...

Or UC Berkeley?

news.berkeley.edu...

Talk about a fail.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
a reply to: JaredCondon

Oh my God man... you are SO smart!
Thanks for the insult and for the comment. Way to go.

In fact, there was no insult, I do not see any.
Criticizing your argument does not count. For this matter, I have heard that humans are quite unaffected by CO2. Can you quote other sources or studies? (See, I value your input of a higher status than others in this thread, from you I want to see more than just "sources", I would like to see studies
)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Is this more to your liking?

www.scientificamerican.com...

Or UC Berkeley?

news.berkeley.edu...

Talk about a fail.

I agree, this time NaturalFakeNews has qouted a more respectable source without too many changes. Why didn't you quote Scientific American in the first place?
(I do not see a fail. I will not discuss this.)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Noice normal weather we're having innit.

Might go for a swim, in the ice pool.

If the tsunami and hurricane, will ease up.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It ain't the heat, it's the humidity.
If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes.
Did you order this weather?
Hot enough for you?
In this part of the country there are only two seasons, winter and road construction.
Everybody talks about the weather but nobody does anything about it.

edit on 11-10-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

... climate and weather are two different things

Climate is the data from weather over a period in time. One is just much more of the other.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think that quite possibly the most terrifying aspect is that these things are not caused by us.

In a sense, its much more comforting to think it all comes down to us humans. We are "in control," even if we aren't quite doing things correctly. That appeals to us for many reasons.

There are many actions we could take to improve our interactions with our environment. And, just like absolutely everything, they are less likely to happen when they are communicated like a sermon from a pulpit.

The best, and most effective, thing that could happen is disconnect the political church of AGW from the course of "natural" technological and ecological progress. We are absolutely exceptional at shooting ourselves in both feet, simply in order to spread our ideology. We don't need to agree on the "why" to achieve commonality in the "what" and the "how."

Especially since the planet may become uninhabitable for humans all the same.. Sobering thought, perhaps, but its a very brutal universe.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

n think about this: If I was sitting in a large room, and slowly began introducing a tiny bit of c02 in the room over a long period of time, eventually, the rooms would be full of c02 and I'd suffocate to death.

Thought about that.

Conclusion.

Moronic analogy.

SofaKing.

edit on 11-10-2018 by SofaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: Irishhaf

How do you separate what was caused by people from what was caused by nature?

Also what makes you certain we can even reverse what nature has decided to change?

How are you so sure that nature has started to increase this whatever you are talking?
Could you quote some source for this?
And why has nature so recently begun to change?

Really, this could be fascinating.

So at no point in the history of the world the planet's climate has never changed?

Can you show me some source saying 100% of the climate change is the fault of people?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
we are on a ball of oxygen rich air, floating in a vacuum, and governed by nothing more than chance.

Surrounded by a very thin layer that keeps the air from being sucked out into space, and gravity that keeps us stuck to this ball.

We are lucky to have it this way. That we are complicit in making it angry, when it is already in the throws of change, worries me. We don't really have a lot to fix things, but we should at least see how we damage it for ourselves.

I mean, when we go to sleep at night, are we not that one most important thing in existence? Or are we just willing to stop existing?

One day, the Earth will be free of us. That is an inevitable outcome. How? is up to us. but, when, well no one wants to discuss it, it's just how it is.

Space is not conducive to organic life.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parishna
we should at least see how we damage it for ourselves.

Why?

I don't necessarily disagree, but what is more important: that everyone sees things the way you do, or that we are actually progressing towards the same, beneficial end?

It seems most are clearly more concerned with the former, to the extent of eschewing the very changes they claim are necessary.

When selling ice to an Inuit, one doesn't have "it keeps things cold" is the bottom line.

There are a plethora of actionable solutions that everyone can get behind, that would make significantly more difference than preaching, raised taxes, or meaningless signed agreements. But, as long as its framed as "we need to agree that you need ice in the Arctic before anything else happens," well.. its going to be predictably resisted.

So, if someone is actually concerned about the topic, the best thing they could do is support technology (in the broadest sense) that everyone can get behind. Who cares if each and every person has different motivations for adopting it?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

So when it snows, you don't see it as a sign of climate.

I sure hope you are not someone who points to every hot day in summer and screams about climate change.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Best comment all day!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

Best comment all day!

Do you understand though what he's saying?

People have to value it and be persuaded.

Coercion is a very poor strategy for any change.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are you kidding me? I don't ever talk about climate change, in fact, despite my post I could care less. I'll be long gone dead and buried before I see any real consequences and in meantime I am a natural disaster junkie. Of course I don't want loss of life or anything like that but I'm over here glued to the tube when there's a ferocious storm, massive EQ followed by tsunami, wild fires... all that. I love it!

When it snows in August I'll be concerned

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yup, sure do.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yes

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SofaKing

Why do you have to be an asshat when everyone else is trying to have a mature and educational conversation?
Please go away.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Climate Change doesn't equal to "must be Anthropomorphic Climate Change..."

As for your claim that what is happening is the "CO2 is filling our atmosphere and eventually there will be no oxygen... " I am sorry, I thought you were "bashing a moron" but you make such a false and asinine argument?...

The Earth has had 12 times the amount of atmospheric CO2 we have now, and there was no "runaway global warming," and there was no "end to the Earth..."

Not to mention the fact that there are several scientists stating that the opposite will happen, and we will go into a cooling period once again.

I have presented evidence that even as early as at least 1978, scientists from France were postulating that in 10,000 years+ the solar system would be in a new region of the Local Interstellar Cloud that would drastically change the climate on Earth. A few years back it was found out that we will be completely inside this new region of the LIC within 100 years. That's what should really worry you and everyone else.

edit on 11-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

OMG so true. I love all the quotes... you hear it constantly.
What I especially love, and am confused by is everyone spends the entire winter complaining about the cold. They crank the heat in their car and in their home and complain about the heating bill. As soon as summer rolls around and it gets hot all they do is complain about the heat, they crank the AC in the car and the house and complain about the cost of electricity! Unbelievable!
That's part of my point. Everyone is quick to complain or insult or come up with reasons why it's either not true or why a solution is not viable. But hardly anyone offers other solutions, or even discusses it for that matter.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join