It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Ma - PettyWap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
i just came across her last night. going through music recommendations on youtube.

i like her a lot man. especially this song.

im sure most will not like it but i will throw it out there anyway.

i dig female rappers when they got it. unfortunately i dont think too many do.

of course Yolandi is tops for me.
off the top of my head Blue Rasberry is up there too. Lady Bug Mecca. i like M I A too.

but check this one out by Young Ma

oh my son turned me on to Jean Grae too. damn. thats nice too

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Didn't listen to it, already know I wont like it.

I just dont get it, this crap is literally insulting to the viewers intelligence.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Didn't listen to it, already know I wont like it.

I just dont get it, this crap is literally insulting to the viewers intelligence.

i figured most wont

i like a lot of # that i dont want to like but i do
cant really explain it

i go from this to going to conservatory for chamber music concerts to primus to miles

i dont know man

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If you wanna listen to a badass female rapper listen to Snow tha Product.
Best there is

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I guess when I listen to a song, I listen to what's actually said in the lyrics, old habit i guess.

The lyrics of most of the popular rap genres are literally retarded, its painful and just feels like raw unfiltered melodic stupidity attacking my brain cells.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I guess when I listen to a song, I listen to what's actually said in the lyrics, old habit i guess.

The lyrics of most of the popular rap genres are literally retarded, its painful and just feels like raw unfiltered melodic stupidity attacking my brain cells.

its strange cause i am a huge fan of jazz and a lot of other genres that demand musicianship.

certain rap songs just hit a certain chord with me.
cant really explain it

soulstoner, i will check her out.

never heard of her

thanks

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

A lot of people like a lot of different genres. Other than rap, they all have something in common. Talent and the fact that your not embarrassed when listening to it.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Snow tha product gotta love strange music.

ETA-Damn someone beat me to it.
edit on 10/10/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i just came across her last night. going through music recommendations on youtube.

i like her a lot man. especially this song.

im sure most will not like it but i will throw it out there anyway.

i dig female rappers when they got it. unfortunately i dont think too many do.

of course Yolandi is tops for me.
off the top of my head Blue Rasberry is up there too. Lady Bug Mecca. i like M I A too.

but check this one out by Young Ma

oh my son turned me on to Jean Grae too. damn. thats nice too

That was banging... I'd heard of her but never really actually listened to her. Great voice and that beat was fire. Bars are decent. Definitely going to add that one to my playlist.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

You need to listen to 80s and 90s hip hop and some of early 2000s stuff. Lyrics mattered then.

I think a lot of hip hop is hard for people to understand because they simply aren't familiar with the slang or they just don't know how to listen to the flow.

Go pick up some Rakim, Nas, MF Doom, Biggie, etc and actually listen to the lyrics and how they are constructed.

Check this video from vox on deconstructing hip hop lyrics of some of the masters... it is really informative and done in academic way. This is what us true hip hop heads are analyzing when we listen to the music.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
damm it gets worse and worse No Hip Hop to be seen here!

fair enough if you like this, each to there own but for me it screams lame trash/no talent drip music.

Please music industry stop destroying our ears with this trash, no creativity whatsoever, heavily compressed no dynamic range BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH !

and That's a female ! WTF gross lol oh and one last comment the whole time i wasted watching that i wanted someone to shove her in the pool put it out its misery haha

SoulStoner225 in an above comment made a decent point, Snow Tha Product at least that lady can spit real barz not this dribble rap
edit on 11-10-2018 by JokerThe1st because: added comment

edit on 11-10-2018 by JokerThe1st because: another change

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

golden age is my favorite.
some of my favorites are gang starr
epmd
rakim

love the older stuff

top topics

join