It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top FBI Lawyer: Russia Probe Was Handled In "Abnormal Fashion" And Rife With "Political Bias"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

James Baker, a former top FBI lawyer, told congressional investigators on Wednesday that the Russia probe was handled in an "abnormal fashion" and was rife with "political bias" according to Fox News, citing two Republican lawmakers present for the closed-door deposition.

www.zerohedge.com...

Devastating if true.

Now its important to note thaat we are not seeing Bakers own words here, but rather meadows saying what baker said, so we will need to see proof before we no for sure.

But if this is true, it may be the biggest evidence yet that there was something amiss with the fbi's handling of the russia invetsigation

edit on 3-10-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
More info on baker form another source.

Baker is at the heart of surveillance abuse allegations, and his deposition lays the groundwork for next week's planned closed-door interview with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. Baker, as the FBI's top lawyer, helped secure the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant on Page, as well as three subsequent renewals. Prior to the deposition, Republican investigators said they believed Baker could explain why information about the British ex-spy behind a salacious Trump-related dossier, Christopher Steele, and Steele’s apparent bias against then-candidate Trump, were withheld from the FISA court, and whether other exculpatory information was known to Rosenstein when he signed the final FISA renewal for Page in June 2017.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Well, hard to understand what he thinks he knows when he's not at all apart of the process and hasn't been for quite some time. I never heard of him but he's definitely made his rounds in the political sphere as a Republican so I'm sure his anaylis has zero bias....dot.

He became a close friend of George H. W. Bush and worked for Bush's unsuccessful 1970 campaign for the United States Senate. After the campaign, he served in various positions for President Richard Nixon. In 1975, he was appointed Undersecretary of Commerce for Gerald Ford. He served until May 1976, ran Ford's 1976 presidential campaign, and unsuccessfully sought election as the Attorney General of Texas.

Ugh, not good so far and we've only started looking into his career. What else has this man done?

Baker ran Bush's unsuccessful campaign for the 1980 Republican presidential nomination, but made a favorable impression on the Republican nominee, Ronald Reagan. Reagan appointed Baker as his White House Chief of Staff, and Baker remained in that position until 1985, when he became the Secretary of the Treasury. As Treasury Secretary, he arranged the Plaza Accord and the Baker Plan. He resigned as Treasury Secretary to manage Bush's successful 1988 campaign for president. After the election, Bush appointed Baker to the position of Secretary of State. As Secretary of State, he helped oversee U.S. foreign policy during the end of the Cold War and dissolution of the Soviet Union, as well as during the Gulf War. After the Gulf War, Baker served another stint as White House Chief of Staff from 1992 to 1993.

Hardcore Republican through and through.

Baker remained active in business and public affairs after Bush's defeat in the 1992 presidential election. He served as a United Nations envoy to Western Sahara and as a consultant to Enron. During the Florida recount following the 2000 election, he managed George W. Bush's legal team in the state. He served as the co-chairman of the Iraq Study Group, which Congress formed to study Iraq and the Iraq War. He serves on the World Justice Project and the Climate Leadership Council. Baker is the namesake of the James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy at Rice University.[3]

Oooooof!! Consultant for Eron? Not good. Managed Bush jr's legal team during the Florida controversy. Not good. Co chairman of the Iraq Study Group before invading Iraq in 2003? NOT GOOD!

Yeah, for a man whose been out of the job (FBI) and his history, I don't care what he thinks.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I guess you missed this from the previous post:

Baker, as the FBI's top lawyer, helped secure the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant on Page, as well as three subsequent renewals.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I guess you missed this from the previous post:

Baker, as the FBI's top lawyer, helped secure the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant on Page, as well as three subsequent renewals.

Yes baker would be the first person I know of that was high ranking in the fbi during the Russia investigation to say there was bias involved

That is enormous if he testified to that

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Yeah I guess I did, so what does that mean to you?

James A. Baker is a former American government official at the Department of Justice who served as General Counsel for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).[1] In December, 2017 he was replaced as general counsel and reassigned to a different position within the FBI.[2] It was revealed on April 19, 2018 that he was a recipient of at least one Comey memo.[3] On May 4, 2018, Baker resigned the FBI and joined the Brookings Institution as a fellow who will write for the justice-focused blog Lawfare.

I wonder if he will write a book about his short time during the Trump administration reign?

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
More on this

Congressional investigators have confirmed that a top FBI official met with Democratic Party lawyers to talk about allegations of Donald Trump-Russia collusion weeks before the 2016 election, and before the bureau secured a search warrant targeting Trump’s campaign.

Former FBI general counsel James Baker met during the 2016 season with at least one attorney from Perkins Coie, the Democratic National Committee’s private law firm.

That’s the firm used by the DNC and Hillary Clinton’s campaign to secretly pay research firm Fusion GPS and Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence operative, to compile a dossier of uncorroborated raw intelligence alleging Trump and Moscow were colluding to hijack the presidential election.

This is a bombshell that unequivocally shows the real collusion was between the FBI and Donald Trump’s opposition — the DNC, Hillary and a Trump-hating British intel officer — to hijack the election, rather than some conspiracy between Putin and Trump,” a knowledgeable source told me.

thehill.com...

Again, just anonymous sources right now

But if true this is huge

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

You'll see the REAL DEAL, and not just "words from Mark Meadows" when the SPYGATE documents are released. That will happen after S.C. nominee Brett Kavanaugh is confirmed.
edit on 10/3/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Yeah I guess I did, so what does that mean to you?

It nullifies your post.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
More on this

Congressional investigators have confirmed that a top FBI official met with Democratic Party lawyers to talk about allegations of Donald Trump-Russia collusion weeks before the 2016 election, and before the bureau secured a search warrant targeting Trump’s campaign.

Former FBI general counsel James Baker met during the 2016 season with at least one attorney from Perkins Coie, the Democratic National Committee’s private law firm.

That’s the firm used by the DNC and Hillary Clinton’s campaign to secretly pay research firm Fusion GPS and Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence operative, to compile a dossier of uncorroborated raw intelligence alleging Trump and Moscow were colluding to hijack the presidential election.

This is a bombshell that unequivocally shows the real collusion was between the FBI and Donald Trump’s opposition — the DNC, Hillary and a Trump-hating British intel officer — to hijack the election, rather than some conspiracy between Putin and Trump,” a knowledgeable source told me.

thehill.com...

But if true this is huge

Absolutely crazy stuff
Dems on C Span 2 going through the motions but their heart isn't in it.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Well, hard to understand what he thinks he knows when he's not at all apart of the process and hasn't been for quite some time. I never heard of him but he's definitely made his rounds in the political sphere as a Republican so I'm sure his anaylis has zero bias....dot.

I am sick of people who think registered republican or democrat makes a hill of beans in the voting booth. Don't know about all states but in mine you can vote for anyone you want in the general election.

I am a registered republican but probably have voted for more Dem' s than Rep's with some votes being write in's.

Your registration means nothing. It is for show.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

In my state, it's not allowed to put party affiliation next to the candidate on the ballot. That way, you have to actually know who you're voting in. It should be that way everywhere, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

You do realize the stuff you posted here is about a totally different James Baker, do you not?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Here's another analysis of how severe the collusion and law-breaking was by the FBI, DNC, Hillary, in their efforts to "Stop Trump".

Under 5 minute read: theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Considering the fact that for the past two years the entire story has been based almost exclusively on anonymous sources, that seems only appropriate.

Naming sources is so last century, according to a person familiar with the matter.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Odd that all of those saying that the FBI did no wrong are suddenly silent when a top FBI official allegedly disagrees.

Again, I want to wait until I see exactly what Baker said before I totally believe it, but if this story is true it is devastating for the "FBI did no wrong and to criticize them is unamerican" crowd, and yet they seem to have no opinion on this.

I am not trying to say I told you so, I juts assume many opf those people would be willing to change their minds if testimony such as this was given, and acknowledge how incredibly bad it would be if the fbi was working with the dems to try to bring down trumps team.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Odd that all of those saying that the FBI did no wrong are suddenly silent when a top FBI official allegedly disagrees.

I suspect there is too much going on for this to be given the analysis it deserves.
Perhaps it will be revisited before the midterms?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
On fox now, talking about Michael Sussman
edit on 1042018 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

LOL..that's what Schumer just said about the FBI-Kavanaugh probe. Maybe he's remembering their own Democrat-Obama playbook and projecting to this administration.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Soon they will begin eating each other...
Democrats are megalomaniacal yet practical....
They will begin turning on each other by weeks end and we will finally see comey, McCabe, rosenstein, page, strjok, Baker, ohr, etc singing about each other...

And they will get what’s coming....traitors!!

Take it away, Billie Holliday

-Chris
edit on 4-10-2018 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join