It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ricin Suspected in Mail Sent to Trump and Pentagon Officials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I first heard about this on a radio show and thought I would see if anyone was carrying the news. NYT is one of many with the story.

WASHINGTON — Federal authorities said on Tuesday that they had intercepted multiple packages suspected of containing ricin, a lethal substance, addressed to President Trump and at least two top Pentagon officials.

In a statement on Tuesday night, the Secret Service said a “suspicious envelope” addressed to Mr. Trump was received at a facility outside the White House on Monday.

“All threats directed towards the president, or any Secret Service protectee, are treated seriously and fully investigated,” the statement said.

The Secret Service did not specify that the envelope contained ricin, but said agents were “working jointly with our law enforcement partners to fully investigate this matter.”

Earlier on Tuesday, the Pentagon put its mail under quarantine after multiple packages suspected of containing ricin were found at a Pentagon mail facility on Monday. They were turned over to the F.B.I. on Tuesday.

Two people were hospitalized from the office of Ted Cruz according to the radio. www.nytimes.com...

edit on 727ndk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...
Suspected ricin detected in mail sent to Trump, Pentagon

Two pieces of mail delivered to the Pentagon mail facility on Monday have initially tested positive for ricin, according to a US defense official.
When asked about the letters sent to the Pentagon, a Secret Service spokesman told CNN that "the Secret Service can confirm receipt of a suspicious envelope addressed to the President on Oct. 1, 2018."

The two suspicious envelopes sent to the Pentagon were addressed to Secretary of Defense James Mattis and to chief of naval operations, Adm. John Richardson, the first official told CNN.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Sorry bud but you’re a couple threads behind I made the same mistake.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Latest: The Pentagon letter contained CASTOR seeds.

www.bbc.com...

Probably the others also.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
They have already arrested a Utah man who is an X Navy vet (4 years in)... That was fast and if he is guilty a job well done by those who were after the idiot who did the mailings.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Latest: The Pentagon letter contained CASTOR seeds.

www.bbc.com...

Probably the others also.

That gets into a legal grey area I would think as the castor beans/seeds themselves are not illegal and only dangerous when prepared, interesting development.

top topics

join