It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three men killed in Pennsylvania car explosion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is a developing story.
www.foxnews.com...
According to NBC News, three men have died in an "intentional car bombing. www.nbcphiladelphia.com...
Police initially reported at least two people were injured. Shortly after midnight, ATF officials confirmed that one person had died. Authorities repeatedly described the explosion in Allentown as an "isolated incident." Lehigh County District Attorney Jim Martin said investigators had a "high degree of confidence that the perpetrator was probably killed." Allentown Councilman Courtney A. Robinson expressed sympathy for the victims and the community at large, and warned that "this will be a complicated investigation and it will take time until we know what happened."
A viewer shared a video of the aftermath of the explosion. The video shows a car engulfed in flames, as well as what appears to be body parts on the ground. www.nbcphiladelphia.com...
aCCORDING TO abc nEWS," The blast in Allentown that occurred at about 9:30 p.m. Saturday left three males dead, Lehigh County Coroner Scott Grim said Sunday afternoon. Autopsies were planned Monday, and Grim said the names of the males would be released once their identities are confirmed and their families are notified.

The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is leading the investigation along with the FBI, state police, and city and county authorities. Officials said the blast was believed to have been an isolated incident with no ongoing threat to the public.

"We know there's been a criminal incident," District Attorney James Martin told reporters at Sunday's news conference. "We have a high degree of confidence that the perpetrator was probably killed in the incident." abc13.com...

edit on V352018Sundaypm30America/ChicagoSun, 30 Sep 2018 16:35:55 -05001 by Violater1 because: KYTSDR

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I wonder what explosive were used or maybe a grenade? From the article it doesn't sound like terrorism.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It was most likely gangs.
Allentown is getting really bad.

edit on 9/30/18 by BlueAjah because: fixed

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Never mind my first comment was in poor taste .
edit on 30-9-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Why put that stupid music over a tragedy video? I mean, this is a tragedy to someone... maybe not to us because we don't know them but to somebody it is..

Anyways... why the music? Even if it's terrorist related?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I was born and raised in Allentown. Moved about 20 minutes away a couple decades ago. Still have to go there from time to time for work.
It is certainly not the same as it was 30 years ago. There are security cameras at many of the intersections for a long time, they should have been able to see this as it happened.
SnrRog

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Gangs are using explosives nowadays??

Thats a new development

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The Funking music...

This not a build guide.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yea car bombs have been used by gangs and mafias for a long time. Not to cause mass casualties but to kill the intended target often the owner of the car.

Maby not urban American gangs, but In other places.

a reply to: six67seven

edit on 30-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

These are not just teen gangs, although we have those too.
These are serious criminal gangs overflowing from New York and Philly.

There was a gang shooting a short while ago, at a mall, where a few people were shot.
There are regular shootings and stabbings in the city.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You just have to KNOW the media has circled the drain, "Intentional car bombing"..

"Well, We were in Archie's van when all of a sudden, out of nowhere, the van blew up ...."

Anyone going to link the Allentown music video? I would but I don't have the interweb.. (actually I can get on here and aol™ for "CopsWhoFlirt" and I know how to erase My herstory (I am a feminist)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Street gangs of today do not use car bombs nor would they probably be able to figure out how. This looks a little bit more sophisticated.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
the inner city areas of this state are getting very violent, I live in an area that has a murder or a body shows up in the river on a regular basis, there's also a serial rapist here

I live very close to here, this also isn't the first car bomb in the area

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening

Street gangs of today do not use car bombs nor would they probably be able to figure out how. This looks a little bit more sophisticated.

uhhh, street gangs can be very sophisticated everyone has the internet

some bloods moved into the house next to mine thinking they were going to take over my neighborhood little did they know my other neighbor is a retired police officer and the guy across the street is a gun totting veitnam vet

wrong street, they left within a month
edit on 30-9-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Why put that stupid music over a tragedy video? I mean, this is a tragedy to someone... maybe not to us because we don't know them but to somebody it is..

Anyways... why the music? Even if it's terrorist related?

Are you really blaming me for someone else's video?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Ok, I guess the recent stroy of the guy from Cali with pipe bombs in his car are true.

Is this discussion board really ignoring this story?? When. Was the last car bombing in the conus on the news hmm??? Why is this not blasted across the screens?? Because if they do not want as many people as possible to know, there is an on going threat lingering.

This must be Iran falsely believing they are retaliating somehow for the massacre committed by their domestic terrorists last weekend.

Be vigilant people, one guy was busted in Cali before reaching his targets, and this one found his mark. Since the ruling party is having the media keep it out of the limelight in relation to the current soap operas, we know there are other threats still in play.

Be careful of any NGO or business tied to Iran here, they could be hosting sleeper cells.
edit on 9-30-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

it's because it's not a partisan bull*** story about the puppet show happening in DC

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

What do we know about the three people that died? Names, affiliations, political leanings (I wish that last one wasn't needed, but these days it needs to be asked)

Was this a hit, a sloppy clean up, or something else?

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Well, the FBI and ATF are still investigating. They still have the surrounding area blocked off. People can not get back to their homes.

But, I am still going with gangs until they say otherwise.

There is one thing in favor of the terrorist angle though. It is very close to a large, popular arena - the PPL Center.
There was an ice hockey game there last night.
But if that was the target - they missed.

Scary tidbit - I was in that same building on Friday for a seminar.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

apparently the ATF believes the perp was killed in the incident

www.cbsnews.com...

they will release the identities tomorrow

<<   2 >>

join