It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Speech: Trump at the UN general assembly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's just a matter of time now until Iran loses what little restraint they have and directly strike Saudi Arabia.

Point of no return from there.

November 5th is as good a day as any.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

He said he's talking to countries which buy Iranian oil to secure them alternate supplies , so it sounds like he means war as well as having said it . If he made an small misnake then fairysnuff, we dont want to worry the kids .

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I gotta give this one to Trump.

As far as war, he has stated he would use surprise and not tip off the target. Well there was the Syrian incident.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

He said he's talking to countries which buy Iranian oil to secure them alternate supplies

Is there some part of the concept of "sanctions" which confuses you?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yes . Is it only the US which imposes sanctions ? Also , does DT get to decide on his own when and how the US imposed sanctions are enforced? Why is he telling all this to the UN?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Why is he telling all this to the UN?

Because the UN can make sanctions very meaningful.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Yes . Is it only the US which imposes sanctions ? Also , does DT get to decide on his own when and how the US imposed sanctions are enforced? Why is he telling all this to the UN?

No, sanctions can be imposed by anyone with the muscle to back them up. The POTUS is America's ultimate voice on sanctions, though Congress and the Senate have endorsed these with some bipartisanship to boot. He's telling them because he realizes they have two choices while listening to him say it: do nothing and like it. The only authority the UN has over the US is whatever degree our president allows them to have, which currently is somewhere between none and zero.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

seems someone assumed something,and look it's true what they say about assumed

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Damn it man. You scared me for a min.

He said more not war though.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Don't worry guys we arn't about to go to war all obama said was that he is putting more sanctions on iran .

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

"MORE???..... This means WAR!!!"

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadlink
wow.... what time is kickoff ? .... i have tried to star you but the lag on ATS is terrible always for me... i am on fast cable in the UK, every other site is fine except ATS ....

November the 5th ... bonfire night in the UK...Guy Fawkes tried to blow the government up ..... Things never change..

The one foreign day observed that I CANNOT forget

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Yes , a US President is the Chief Executive Officer
Under this comes the rights to make treaties.
Which , the power to declare war and sanctions are granted.
Congress can still set there and say "but , but , but" (that is because most of them are and their vocabulary is severely limited) Yet , that is meaningless.

Why is he telling this to the UN ? You should have had that answer before you asked.
Just in case you did not - The UN is made up of most all countries in the world and have delegates there constantly...
Was Trump putting this out to the UN ? Or , was he speaking to every single country in the world simultaneously ?
Careful , there is only one true correct answer...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join