It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX's Greg Gutfeld's marijuana debate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is from a Kyle Kulinski podcast. Kyle does a great job of cherry picking interesting and controversial news shows, be it FOX, CNN or the other msm.

On this show, Gutfeld refutes the "marijuana is a gateway drug" myth, and defers to scientific studies, as opposed to anecdotal yarns. I particularly like the claim Gutfeld makes that "alcohol has killed far more people in a day than marijuana has killed in the history of the drug."
He says "I don't have to defend it....just look at the facts and look at history."

The video is only about 10 minutes long. Gutfeld's marijuana defense discussion starts at about the 4:00 mark.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So veterinarians are giving marijuana to dogs for medicinal purposes .

But humans can’t get it for the same reason in most states ?

Pardon my attempt at humor has but.......

This country is truly going to the dogs .

edit on 25-9-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I would like to wait for a while to see what impact recreational legalization is really going to have on those states with it before jumping in whole hog.

That's what Federalism is all about.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

It's a dog's life.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I would like to wait for a while to see what impact recreational legalization is really going to have on those states with it before jumping in whole hog.

Canada goes full legal in two weeks or three

That's a chance for Trump to surprise us...get rid of the Canada border troubles in he news

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
If you thought we had annoying beggars this day in age. Wait til the drug is legal.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Put it this way.
Would you rather sit in a room full of drunks or a room full of stoners?
Full re-legalisation (it was legal until about 1937) will take away the criminality aspect of Pot/Weed etc
Now, I very rarely smoke it but surely it will be no where near as bad as the effects alcohol has on every aspect of society.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It will likely be Legal in America soon as well, but a lot of Bilbical fkers, "Back the blue" losers, and pharma lobbyists, need to get out of anything related to law making.

May still take a while.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Strange how a plant God gave us could cause so much division and consternation. Sigh...

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsealad

I don't want to smell like pot smoke.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Are you talking about marijuana or tobacco?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I'm curious as to what negative impacts you're likely to think it will have?

Because I've spent my whole life in a place where weed has been, for the most part, openly accepted, spend a lot of time around people who use it or grow it and the only negatives i've personally witnessed comes from the laws being the way they are.

I know several people who've made their lives far more positive after getting involved with grey market production. People who could barely maintain jobs who've learned to work hard and in some cases run businesses because of what they learned and helped bring them out of poverty.

I just really don't understand the perception people who've never smoked pot have about it. It's so entirely far from the reality of actually consuming it. It makes absolutely no sense to me...

Plus, pot was what gave me my mom back for the last few years of her life. She was able to quit taking morphine and instead of spending every day in downed out haze she wasn't in pain and we got to spend the last few years of her life with her as her old self. If she'd had access to that for the first few years of treatment she wouldn't have had to sit there #ed up out of her mind on opiates for years missing the last bit of time she had left with her family.
edit on 25/9/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

This approach is sensible enough.

As for medicinal purposes, let people responsibly use it if they prove to have an ailment it is proven useful for.

It should never be okay for developing minds to use for recreation. Medicinal in extreme cases only.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

We already know the impact of prohibition, and it's absolutely terrible for people and society. How about we try something new instead of clinging tenaciously to the status quo which sucks by any objective measure?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Full legalization is on the ballot in November in North Dakota. In a recent interview on local news here, a sheriff warned of all the K-9 units who would need to be re-trained or retired and the immense cost of doing so. LOL...

The only arguments I hear here against legalization are from those in the legal and law enforcement positions. I get it, I mean, I'd rather go out cuffing potheads than chasing after meth-addicts any day. And the potheads can actually hold jobs (contrary to Reefer Madness-style propaganda) and pay back fines to the justice system.

And the gateway drug myth is just that, a myth created to put fear into people and give a reason to make it illegal.

Legalization will happen on a federal level as more and more states do it. The time all this takes and the stupidity filling the gaps, though...is just maddening.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I don't smoke it anymore but that's not because I oppose it. The only real problem I see with marijuana is that it costs too much these days.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I would say this based on empiricism: Ive known folks who used alcohol for 20 years, MJ for 20 years, coca for 20 years.

The MJ folks are just fine, the alcohol folks have high blood pressure, liver, kidney and assorted digestive issues and my one buddy who could not stop the powder is about to die.

The raw data is already there

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
31 states say it has medical use thats well past the 50% mark its schedule 1 status is bs at the very least

every state had a VOTE to do this keeping it schedule 1 is a big fu from out govt

as for the smell tfb i hate the smell of others cooking can i make there food illegal

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I don't even need to wait to see the benefits of legalization ... I already know for a fact the negative effects of it being illegal has on society.

I remember back in the day, when I was like 12, all the local cannabis users were generally opposed to having anything to do with hooking us up... But, by the age of 15, those very same people were literally coming to us to hook up, cause we had a large social network and could get the best stuff going around, in whatever quantity required... easier than ordering a pizza.

Mind you... trying to buy a pack of cigarettes back then, regularly turned into a huge stuff around.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Why is this still even a debate?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join