It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple's cash reserve would almost fill Dallas Cowboy's stadium!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I came across this article while searching for an image of olympic pool size and then Apple's reserve's were $203 billion while now at $256 billion. Then it would fill 93 swimming pools, and with their increased amounts it is now ~115 pools - which would fill the Dallas Cowboys stadium to the top of the stands with cash (maybe above it)!

www.theatlantic.com...

Here is the stadium

en.wikipedia.org...

This has to make one wonder where this amount of cash can be kept? What kind of storage facility is built to keep that kind of cash reserve? even if 5-10% were actually cash, that is still massive sizes of money. Things keep getting stranger.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Wouldn't happen. Jerry Jones doesn't like competition.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
I came across this article while searching for an image of olympic pool size and then Apple's reserve's were $203 billion while now at $256 billion. Then it would fill 93 swimming pools, and with their increased amounts it is now ~115 pools - which would fill the Dallas Cowboys stadium to the top of the stands with cash (maybe above it)!

www.theatlantic.com...

Here is the stadium

en.wikipedia.org...

This has to make one wonder where this amount of cash can be kept? What kind of storage facility is built to keep that kind of cash reserve? even if 5-10% were actually cash, that is still massive sizes of money. Things keep getting stranger.

You didn't know... Tim Cook keeps it under his mattress.

It is just 0s and 1s on a computer screen. Banks only keep a fraction of cash on hand. For example, if you have $50k in your account at BofA, you don't really have $50k. Your $50k is lent out as loans, etc. This is why you can't have "bank runs" because there isn't enough hard cash on hand to refund all the depositors cash.

I recently went by an Apple store and people were lined up for the new iPhones. Your OP seems to have an undercurrent of envy / jealousy. No one is forcing the sheep to give their money to Apple. They make a great product.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

www.theatlantic.com...

Here is the stadium

en.wikipedia.org...

It is just 0s and 1s on a computer screen. Banks only keep a fraction of cash on hand. For example, if you have $50k in your account at BofA, you don't really have $50k. Your $50k is lent out as loans, etc. This is why you can't have "bank runs" because there isn't enough hard cash on hand to refund all the depositors cash.

I recently went by an Apple store and people were lined up for the new iPhones. Your OP seems to have an undercurrent of envy / jealousy. No one is forcing the sheep to give their money to Apple. They make a great product.

Please what made you feel there was "an undercurrent of envy / jealousy" because I can emphatically state none of that was present when I was amazed at the volume of cash that the sum amounted to. I was remembering the stories of Escobar and the problems he had with moving/storing/hiding cash while reading this. I re-read my post and can't see anything that was negative, envious or jealous. Maybe you are projecting a little bit there?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

www.theatlantic.com...

Here is the stadium

en.wikipedia.org...

Please what made you feel there was "an undercurrent of envy / jealousy" because I can emphatically state none of that was present when I was amazed at the volume of cash that the sum amounted to. I was remembering the stories of Escobar and the problems he had with moving/storing/hiding cash while reading this. I re-read my post and can't see anything that was negative, envious or jealous. Maybe you are projecting a little bit there?

My fault. See so many bash the rich threads around here that's how I interpreted it.

Anyway, Escobar is different as that money was not legal. It is difficult moving large sums of cash because banking rules make it next to impossible due to reporting requirements. This is why drug dealers and other cash heavy illegal enterprises set up business fronts to launder the cash. Strip clubs, car washes, record labels, etc. The use a legit business to hide the money coming in from the illegal business.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Well I had to re-read b/c I thought I might have had that tone but I remembered I didn't think that way at all while writing it so I was concerned I was showing bias somehow.

I think you need to add movie studios in there. I think the new big money laundering trick is the animated movie scheme. Averaging $50 million for a crappy animated movie is so laughable I can't even begin to explain the stupidity of the people who try to defend these sums for what is produced. The shills that stand up for these industries don't know how dumb they sound when they try to explain the vast amounts of money wasted, they have actually convinced themselves they are right I think.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Well I had to re-read b/c I thought I might have had that tone but I remembered I didn't think that way at all while writing it so I was concerned I was showing bias somehow.

I think you need to add movie studios in there. I think the new big money laundering trick is the animated movie scheme. Averaging $50 million for a crappy animated movie is so laughable I can't even begin to explain the stupidity of the people who try to defend these sums for what is produced. The shills that stand up for these industries don't know how dumb they sound when they try to explain the vast amounts of money wasted, they have actually convinced themselves they are right I think.

Yup, a lot money being laundered through movies. I'd bet 75% of the hip hop labels nowadays are funded with drug money.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I always love seeing TV shows where they want a ransom of several million dollars in small bills.

Then they walk off with a briefcase......lol

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Yup, a lot money being laundered through movies. I'd bet 75% of the hip hop labels nowadays are funded with drug money.

I was thinking the exact same thing about "hip-hop". I'll be most all the mumble-rappers are all fronts for money laundering none have any talent and the "music" is atrocious.

I wonder how much actors and artists really make, b/c I think their huge salaries are fake as well, I think they are acting 24/7 when in public and their rich persona is an act as well, being paid for by the label/studio/brands. They just get the "benefit" of being around all that stuff and using it, but we see how many end up dead broke unless they continue to do small jobs at the end of their career, it all seems like one big washing machine.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
That's just over $780 for every man, woman, and child in the US.

Can you imagine the PR if they sent *everyone* in the US a check for $250?

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

www.theatlantic.com...

Here is the stadium

en.wikipedia.org...

Insider here. "Great product" Sort of.
Their product is ok. No better than any other equivalent. What they make "great", is marketing.

Apple has a great operating system... On their computers. Mac OS is nice software for it's target demographic.

iOS is not an operating system that I can call better than Android. Far from great.

Ignore those two pieces of information and they sell nearly the same hardware as PC manufacturers for computers. (Excluding proprietary stuff that gets patented. Or first in line stuff, like when they get the launch rights for new tech they have nothing to do with personally, NVME 2280 drives, as an example, everyone has them now.)

I did tech support for Apple for a few years. I understand how their products can be considered "great" but I've also worked for their competitors. Between you and me, behind closed doors, Apple cares about their customer base much more than the other top OEM I worked at.

I just can't say their products are out of this world

edit on 25-9-2018 by Archivalist because: The site advertisements pop up over my phone keyboard. Wtf ats

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
They are full of shi..

It wouldnt fill the stadium.

There was a story just a while back about a drug lord had 22 billion cash in his house and still had room. Cowboys stadium would hold alot more than 250 billion.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

They make a great product.

Personally, I don't think they do. They sell an over-rated piece of junk that people buy for the status-quo thanks to ridiculous marketing. I'm honestly not sure what's worse, the product, or the cult that continues to buy it.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
See what you can do when you sell a decent product for an extravagant price?

Honestly, I'd probably buy an Apple product if I could afford it. But only because Microsoft has proved themselves to be at least as bad (if not worse) with what they've done with Windows.

new topics

top topics

join