It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audi Drivers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Audi’s are beautiful cars. My dad owns one and is an extremely good person. He is an engineer and appreciates the high-end engineering of this amazing vehicle brand.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I don't see many Mercedes. Beamers, sure although I don't see the same behavior. Could be a local thing too.

I see my fair share of Audi's, and dont see a lot of asshattery......the BMW drivers on the PA turnpike tho, what a bunch of jackasses. they literally get right up on your bumper when you are going 80 even though there is nowhere to go with 5 cars in front of you. then they weave in and out of traffic like maniacs just to move up 1 or 2 spots......

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I'm from Chicago and moved around a decade ago. Whenever I go back the first thing that strikes me is what dbag drivers they are. I mean really, they are total jerks. The more expensive the car, the more jerkery you can expect.
It is all the pent up anger from the traffic, or tolls, or property taxes, or shooting, or bad weather, or corrupt government or something like that.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

The old farts up here are dangerous!

Yeah, I've been meaning to ask you about one specific hazard they do up here -- WTF is up with all the elderly wrong-way drivers?? I never saw that in FL!
edit on 9/21/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Snowblind.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I wonder if driver's education is taught the same way as when I learned it. It seems people just don't appreciate the physics of human body vs. two ton vehicle at high speeds.

Don't like seat belts? Think you can brace yourself in the event of a collision? Get a good running start and run into a brick wall as fast as you can. Brace yourself with your arms. You can't run 20 mph, imagine what would happen if you were going 40 mph.

And the people that just walk out into the street and expect traffic to stop. They may stop, but you would only have to be wrong once. Imagine being blindsided by a 300 lb linebacker running at top speed. Now imagine a 3000 lb linebacker made of steel.

I'll never forget the films they showed us in driver's ed. "This is what your body looks like after a 40 mph collision and half of you goes through the windshield."

So far as jerk drivers, I tend to notice the license plate rather than the make of the car. "You stupid SOB why would you ... oh, never mind. I see you're from Florida."

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Maybe they all wanna be Jason Statham?

"I am the transporter, I never check the package"

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I feel the same way about Prius drivers. There was one that actually had the license plate "SAVERTH". It was in a whole foods parking lot. I wanted to punch a baby elephant in the face after seeing that.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Now I'm going to have to Google, "Can a human outrun a mother elephant?"

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I could say the same about BMWs but it seems that it depends on the car and the price. Thing is though, cars are such a useful liability, youd think theyd most driver that drive luxury or sport car would treat them like a woman or a baby instead of a toy.

Exotic drivers drive cautious and pay enough on insurance I bet that they don't need a claim to add to their bill.
edit on 21-9-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
When I started driving Audis in the early 1990's, they were dentist's cars.

Now, as pointed out by Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear, Audi has replaced BMW as the "cock" mobile.

I grew up in Mercedes and have taken a liking to them again. Really the only vintage car that interests me is Mercedes.

I found mom's registration, a 1960 Mercedes CPE in 1966, not too bad.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Great cars which attract a lot of assholes. They don't see the point in indicating or giving way. School run mums are taking it to new levels in Q7s/X5s by straddling lanes and dropping anchor wherever they want. Sudden stop, no signals and the driver's door swings open. I was behind one of these barn doors last week and noticed the driver had her rear-view mirror pointing to her face. God knows it's more important how you look than paying attention to road users or kids crossing.

It's always fun doing 80 or 90 on the motorway with some Audi's grille three yards from my back end.

I'd like to spend an 'experience day' in a silver Mercedes to see what it's like to drive under the speed limit with a string of frustrated drivers behind. What's it like to give up on mirrors and signals? Is it relaxing to stay in the overtaking lane without overtaking anything for miles? Do they get special training to find the apex of bends to park on or is it a happy accident?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I think it has to do with the comfort you get. Active steering, superb suspension, reduced motor noise...

You can drive such cars into corners doing 170km/h using your pinky to steer the car. The electronic stabilisation computer will iron out any wheelspin or differential speed between the tires on the axles.

I think this gives more time to get distraced by all kinds of things, including being an asshole. It has nothing to do with the brand.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

No it's definitely not the brand; it's a type of person that gravitates to the high status marques. My personal road nemesis is the silver Mercedes driven by silver-haired men. If I'm behind one, I know he's going to drive below the speed limit for indefinite distances. Yes, I know 'speed limit' doesn't mean target either. These oblivious ass-wipes slow the flow of traffic without ever using mirrors or signals.

I don't get angry anymore (much!!) and just slow down, pull back and relax. Overtake if the chance arises.

What I think is happening is the owner has gotten to a place in life where he doesn't need to rush anywhere. He's made his money and might be his own boss. He's past caring about what others think hence not using signals or mirrors.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The meme is very apt.

Do they get special training to find the apex of bends to park on or is it a happy accident?

With the special training comes the entitlement license!

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

**DISCLAIMER** The views expressed in this rant are complete opinion based on regional conditions and experiences. In no way does is it a blanket statement to all of the owners of the vehicle in which the thread is describing. In other words, it may not pertain to you.....unless it does. **

Is there a super secret test. Perhaps a mandatory license and course each and every Audi driver must go through before being able to purchase said vehicle. An education based on narcissism, greed and general assholery?

It's not a new phenomena but one I've encountered more over the past summer with the acquisition of my motorcycle. If I'm cut off, it's been an Audi driver. If some jerkwagon is diddling his electronic device like their favorite squeeze, it's of an abnormally high percentage...an Audi driver. If some bungnoodle is jabbering his way through a green light while the traffic swells with disdain behind him, it's been a motorscootin AUDI DRIVER!.

Please, fill me in. I need to know what qualifications and sets of moronic skills I need to learn in order to curb these duckschmuckin Audi drivers!

Oh and
means nothing to their lot!

Yup us AUDI driver have a strict code of misconduct.

I especially love to piss of motorcycles

It's not just a car but a way of life

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I didn't have to take any tests before I bought mine, just be a winner in life, generally I think the attitude towards Audi drivers is jealousy on the part of those who don't/can't have them.
Personally I find the most annoying people on the roads to be the power ranger impersonators on their little motorbikes, they're generally from the lower incomes but are driving things that are very quick, if their brains were able to handle such things they would be able to afford to drive Audi's or BMW's.
Just remember, when you see a nice new Audi that driver is probably paying a lot more tax than the power ranger on his little motorbike and so you should show him some respect.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: biggilo
I didn't have to take any tests before I bought mine, just be a winner in life, generally I think the attitude towards Audi drivers is jealousy on the part of those who don't/can't have them.
Personally I find the most annoying people on the roads to be the power ranger impersonators on their little motorbikes, they're generally from the lower incomes but are driving things that are very quick, if their brains were able to handle such things they would be able to afford to drive Audi's or BMW's.
Just remember, when you see a nice new Audi that driver is probably paying a lot more tax than the power ranger on his little motorbike and so you should show him some respect.

The roads are for us winners not losers who can only afford 2 wheels

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
When I started driving Audis in the early 1990's, they were dentist's cars.

Now, as pointed out by Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear, Audi has replaced BMW as the "cock" mobile.

I grew up in Mercedes and have taken a liking to them again. Really the only vintage car that interests me is Mercedes.

I found mom's registration, a 1960 Mercedes CPE in 1966, not too bad.

I am deffinatly top of the cocks

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
You can say that about any brand you hate. It's a sampling fallacy that says more about you than the drivers you don't like.

Uh, me hating a brand, doesn't make them cut me off, or act like they are the only one on the road now does it? I find here in So Cali, its Lexus drivers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join