It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Poll : Should the US Spread Democracy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
no... no country has the right to spread their beliefs or policy onto other countries, most likely against their will.... when the communists were spreading their influnce over europe how did we feel?? just imagine if we started doing that

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Thanks dawnstar. Excellent observations.

although, I am wrong about one thing.....the graph he provided doesn't show clinton bringing it down, but rather holding it rather steady most of his term, whereas, the one I provided showed the deficit falling during clinton's years in office....
which might be attributed to how they came up with the numbers....and just what the variable in the two graphs represent.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Maybe we should have polled Germany and Japan before we joined the allied effort in WW2? "W" and Hitler, and the Emporer of Japan's children would be golfing buddies now. Europe and Asia would now be bowing to their masters if the United States did not "Spread" democracy. Perhaps even the America's would be under their controll by now. Hopefully if democracy holds in Iraq in 100 years Iraq's grandchildren will be happy and prospersou because of Bush's actions. I hope for this even though I am completely pissed at the lies Bush pushed on us to justify the war.

X

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Maybe we should have polled Germany and Japan before we joined the allied effort in WW2? "W" and Hitler, and the Emporer of Japan's children would be golfing buddies now.

The rest of the world waited years for the US to pitch in and help.

Europe and Asia would now be bowing to their masters if the United States did not "Spread" democracy. Perhaps even the America's would be under their controll by now.

Already done. US interests supported Hitler (Ford etc, it's all over the board here you just need to look). ....The Bank of International Settlements made sure the big guys from the USA, Britain, Germany AND Japan profited from WW2 - they financed everyone - and collected the interest on the debts.

....As far as the AP poll goes - what it tells us is that we are NOT going to get good terms next time Bush re-negotiates interest payments on the nation's debt. It also tells us we don't have good markets for our exports. ...Which tells us Bush is dragging our country down the tubes but fast.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join