It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The image of Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
1st I am a republican, but it is funny how much propaganda you see about Bush. The way they make him out to be.

Media: Bush is a true Texan.
(He was born in Connecticut)

He is a regular guy like us.
(Queen Elizabeth is his cousin. His family are elitist)

He is no sissy pants intellectual.
(Went to Yale as A legacy)

They craft him to be this rugged John Wayne type. Always on his ranch chopping wood and surrounded by marines.
(He was a cheerleader in College and Got out of Vietnam by serving in the National Guard).

This is his image that is shown to us every night.
Kind of funny, but it works. People buy into it.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by Snowman9]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I agree that someone has worked overtime to show him as the regular joe. The other day I saw something about this on a show I was watching about how for earthday they released a photo of him in the snow with an ax across his shoulders. I also saw him using a chainsaw on a his ranch cutting wood, he was so excited by the fact that he got to use it, or maybe he did not cut his leg off that he yelled when he cut through a piece of wood. The only people I have seen yelling with glee over using the saw are people who never used one before. They also pose him in front of religious things, in several pictures he is giving a speech and just behind him is a halo or a cross or a combination of both.
Of course they do this type of thing with all politicians but some of the things they have tried to sell us on Bush is just too funny.

join