It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
No new news here, but reading through a few posts logic dictates a few points. IF it is true that webcams at worldwide observatories were down on the day, and that the FBI (Federal police) closed , inspected, removed and arrested civilians....and that those removed "could not even return to get their pets"...YET, several well motivated lads with cameras, cell phones and drones can walk around the place totally unencumbered...."the place was a ghostown".....ALL THIS, IF ALL TRUE (very unlikely on that point) lends credibility to the spy angle....some foreign power was utilizing the site (Chinese post grad?) to spy on the several sites around the observatory....people were arrested, items inspected and removed, post office shut (?)...and some spy loses his cat which the feds could care less about....now, THIS is important....IF they were just babysitting a family or innocent civilian caught up in this mess..they WOULD go in and allow that person to get their kitty or pooch...the optics would be just too terrible...if however, it is a chinese spy...well, that kitty might have been.....nah, better not go there....anyway, it takes a ton of assumptions to arrive ANYWHERE logically with this. It's a great mind twister...thus far, I'm leaning espionage, the Sheriff is lying his ass off, the FBI are still chasing down suspects and the REASON all those cams were down on the same day is because they were all of Chinese manufacture. Just like the ones the US Military are pulling out of every US Facility worldwide...they just got around to these late after they caught sigint traffic......my total GUESS.
edit on 15-9-2018 by KeithCooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
100 pages and we’re still about in the same place and I don’t see that changing in a hurry.
edit on 9/15/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/15/2018 by BigDave-AR because: I’m an idiot for pages and flags mixed up > extra DIV

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: KeithCooper
No new news here, but reading through a few posts logic dictates a few points. IF it is true that webcams at worldwide observatories were down on the day, and that the FBI (Federal police) closed , inspected, removed and arrested civilians....and that those removed "could not even return to get their pets"...YET, several well motivated lads with cameras, cell phones and drones can walk around the place totally unencumbered...."the place was a ghostown".....ALL THIS, IF ALL TRUE (very unlikely on that point) lends credibility to the spy angle....some foreign power was utilizing the site (Chinese post grad?) to spy on the several sites around the observatory....people were arrested, items inspected and removed, post office shut (?)...and some spy loses his cat which the feds could care less about....now, THIS is important....IF they were just babysitting a family or innocent civilian caught up in this mess..they WOULD go in and allow that person to get their kitty or pooch...the optics would be just too terrible...if however, it is a chinese spy...well, that kitty might have been.....nah, better not go there....anyway, it takes a ton of assumptions to arrive ANYWHERE logically with this. It's a great mind twister...thus far, I'm leaning espionage, the Sheriff is lying his ass off, the FBI are still chasing down suspects and the REASON all those cams were down on the same day is because they were all of Chinese manufacture. Just like the ones the US Military are pulling out of every US Facility worldwide...they just got around to these late after they caught sigint traffic......my total GUESS.

That’s what happened with Benniwitz when he stumbled on secrets out of Kirtland AFB, he contacted the USAF because he thought it was foreign craft or ETs flying above the base, AFOSI decided to snowball the guy feeding him misinformation saying there was a base underground at Dulce and it drove the guy crazy. Really effed up affair that makes you wonder what the government is thinking at times. Sending a guy to the funny farm with false info is pretty jacked.
edit on 9/15/2018 by BigDave-AR because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: KeithCooper

Why do you think the Sheriff is lying? I'll have to go back in this thread and get caught up.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
99 pages
edit on 15-9-2018 by satcom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

threat through Mail @ Sunspot
Shutdown mail, Evac Civilians
Suspect @ Large part of network

I'll post again in 9 years.......

everything I write is parody

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: that1lurker

Why do you think the Sheriff is lying? I'll have to go back in this thread and get caught up.

There has been some shady deputies under him and he’s possibly the only one who actually said the FBI was involved, also he terms out come Dec. 31st so maybe he’s trying to get some notoriety while he’s still boss boss of the county. Nothing solid pegging him as made it up though.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: satcom
99 pages
Count again looks to be a 100.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I'm not a psychic but here's my theory which may be the key to solving this jumbled puzzle.

1. A staff or even may be several staffs are out on the loose even before the FBI / officers arrived at the scene.
*** Need to check and see if 4+5 evacuated staffs at the site are the only personnel working there. ***
because FBI was already well aware of what happened and feared whatever it is, going out control.

2. The suspect found or caught something of earth shattering, recorded it, and mailed it somewhere.
He/she may have another copy as well so this situation is showing a dire urgency by FBI.
(FBI ordered to close down the most nearby PO first in fear of any additional mails going out)

3. FBI is still investigating current staffs and some local residents because they have very little leads about who the suspect may be.

4. Those two workers at the antenna tower were probably cutting off every transmission signals like internet, wifi's, radio signals you name it.

5. The suspect could be just anybody the profession, any of the staffs or one of the local residents.

This is a very highly classified matter which could bring social disorder, that is why the no questions-asked type of investigation is needed.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

There is just no way in hell that a Sheriff would go on TV and appear like a total Andy Taylor without instruction to do so...acting as if He has no control or say or even curiosity about what is occuring in his jurisdiction..UNLESS it isnt his jurisdiction (espionage)(UFO crap) and He has been told to say nothing and appear confused..like every other principle in this saga...EVERYONE who SHOULD know a tidbit is acting like.."Oh well...it's strange isn't it..."...these people KNOW. they have just beeen instructed to say nothing yet. One of the reasons I believe it is not UFO related is because if it was, the FBI or someone would just make up[ some believable garbage for public consumption...which they haven't as yet, even under great media pressure...meaning there will probably be an announcment of what IS happening very soon.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbdowned Like the way you think....plausable.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: KeithCooper

There is just no way in hell that a Sheriff would go on TV and appear like a total Andy Taylor without instruction to do so...acting as if He has no control or say or even curiosity about what is occuring in his jurisdiction..UNLESS it isnt his jurisdiction (espionage)(UFO crap) and He has been told to say nothing and appear confused..like every other principle in this saga...EVERYONE who SHOULD know a tidbit is acting like.."Oh well...it's strange isn't it..."...these people KNOW. they have just beeen instructed to say nothing yet. One of the reasons I believe it is not UFO related is because if it was, the FBI or someone would just make up[ some believable garbage for public consumption...which they haven't as yet, even under great media pressure...meaning there will probably be an announcment of what IS happening very soon.

This is what I find most perplexing about the entire thing--that they've let the wild speculation continue all this time and even make its way into the mainstream news. I simply cannot fathom why they haven't at least put out some kind of BS story to nip the whole thing in the bud, even if the truth of what happened is something they want to keep under wraps. Of all the things that don't make sense, that's what bothers me the most. Bizarre.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
www.thesuntoday.org...

Nothing unusual from Space.

Hope the link works. Look under "current observations".

Kind regards,

Bally
edit on 15-9-2018 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ToasterBorst

It's more than interesting - this whole story is just weird.... and note in this article:

"A tent belonging to an employee and resident of the observatory was set up near the gate. The employee is allowed to enter the facility to do routine maintenance but can't stay in his home, Escalante said."

What! They won't allow the maintenance guy to stay in in his house - instead they setup a tent!

Haha

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Somebody should grab that x-files dvd in the trash can. Might have something interesting on it.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Try medical grade DMSO its on Amazon 99%.thought it was BS myself till I tried it on my screwed up left foot. It helps on pain, inflammation range of motion. On your browser history LOL man thats the one thing they laugh about together, theyb are ready know.lol

As for the mystery at the Sunspot observatory, Bob Segar could have had it pegged a long time ago.

edit on 15-9-2018 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
what ever was seen, and i believe something was seen, is being tightly guarded at this time.
everything else is fluff, whatever the orgs say is fluff.

If you have something solid to say, spit it out.

Otherwise, you're going to find yourself being given the Eye of Suspicion.

Like the Dentist says: SPIT.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

Go take a picture of something large like a building, focus on the building (fight your phone if you have to, or use manual focus)

But take the picture behind a spider web with a middling sized spider in it. Nothing like an orb spinner, but a small enough spider., Or if it's had lunch, use its lunch.

There's a general idea of what a satellite would look like in relation to the sun.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

Hmm fair enough, works for me lol i feel like I need a literal dry-erase board so that I can start listing the possibilities

If I knew how, I'd have a spreadsheet set up.

I thought there was someplace to do a virtual whiteboard.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

But, what could close orbit the sun?
I've seen the same videos as you all have of alien ships refueling off the sun, but seriously.
That thing is hot. Really hot.
If you have the tech to harness the power of a star, do you really think you would have to get up close and personal to do it?

We do it here on earth. Now. With solar tech.

Honestly, no aliens are parking right next to the sun.
I believe. Honestly I do, but I also know physics (a little) and engineering (a little).

The alien ship can refuel just fine from a safe distance.

I've given this some thought. No, really...

What if what we're seeing isn't ships, but organisms? Beings/ animals/ hell, I don't know- that do the same thing as the creatures around a magma vent at the bottom of the ocean, and feed off of the sun in the same manner? I have seen those pictures as well, and the shapes really do suggest something 'living'.

Remember- our knowledge of such things IS limited. We can't even get a definitive answer to the question of life on a rock with a similar atmosphere to our own.

new topics

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join