It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain you me this...

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Love em hate em whoever Dem Rep blue red why are people so entrenched in meaningless political posturing?

We got passionate members sure; some not even from the USA who participate like lab rats on amphetamines mashing away at their keyboard buttons. Even off site, people are nutty. Average Joe 6-Pack has to stop and ask me what I think about bleh bleh bleh ameh!

Someone is always crying over the orangeness of Trump or the e-mails of Clinton etc. It never stops!

You are so far removed from politics it barely has anything to do with you! You are serfs and peasants to them. Yes even you rich ass bastards who think you're important. You are nothing in a nothing game.

You are not in public office, you do nothing to shape the world. You post online or whine in public. Your life is hardly affected by the orangeness or the sliminess, other than your self-deluded immersion into this fantasy game.

Is this comedy for people who can't enjoy a sitcom? Is it drama for those who can't read a good book?

What do you get out of it? How is this enriching your life? Why can't you turn away even for a minute from this obvious puppet show? Do you pretend to be smarter if you involve yourself in the gossipin'-rumour-goin'-round of politics?

This stage is literally a venue to decide how best to screw you over. Why are you complicit? Why are you an accomplice in your own debasement?

edit on 7-9-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Sure, but explain me you this. The word ''you'' is used almost twenty times in the OP, while the word ''we'' is used only once. Isn't that a bit exclusive?

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the docudrama 'Casting JonBenet' on Netflix?

In this you'll see just how little people will analyze the facts of a case and instead merely project themselves or their firmly held unwavering worldview on a case.

One woman proclaimed that she was convinced Jon Ramsey was brutally raping his daughter despite the fact that there was zero evidence of this being the case.

The same thing happens in politics. And it is this mindset that politicians count on to manipulate people into pledging their undying allegiance to them and are taking advantage of.

We're all guilty of doing this at one time or another. It's human nature. But we need to be more cognizant of it moving forward or else I foresee many more monsters rising to power in this country far worse than that of the cartoonish villainy of Donald Trump.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

But we need to be more cognizant of it moving forward or else I foresee many more monsters rising to power in this country far worse than that of the cartoonish villainy of Donald Trump.

In a manner, I almost am thankful for Trump. We would be in much more danger if one of those monsters was competent. Or smart. Hopefully we will be more alert having experienced an amateur monster to prepare us.
I'm thinking as well that we dodged a bullet with Clinton.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Do you perhaps think OP that with this thread , you are merely adding more fuel to the flames of a fire that disgusts you ? Instead of a rant... kick back.. read a book.. ignore the talk of politics, and switch the subject, by asking questions you find interesting.

It is a very politically fuelled environment we live in , and I understand your concerns and disappointment..but a thread pointing out the obvious isn’t going to change much.

edit on 7-9-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
How can you not see it.
The people creating all these political threads get paid for it.
Trumps just another actor in the Presidents suit.
The whole political thing is just another reality show to keep the masses distracted.
There is that old saying Politics is show business for ugly people.
I never watch or listen to what any politician has to say.
The one time I writed to them to get their help to close down a developers proposal to insert a
middle school in an elderly home they ignored me.
Then I see them turn up later supporting it. One even had audacity to wear a masonic embroided
neck lack.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
because we are social animals.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
How can you not see it.
The people creating all these political threads get paid for it.
Trumps just another actor in the Presidents suit.
The whole political thing is just another reality show to keep the masses distracted.
There is that old saying Politics is show business for ugly people.
I never watch or listen to what any politician has to say.
The one time I writed to them to get their help to close down a developers proposal to insert a
middle school in an elderly home they ignored me.
Then I see them turn up later supporting it. One even had audacity to wear a masonic embroided
neck lack.

I'll star you cuz this post made me chuckle. Are you sleep-posting by chance?

Admittedly I have written letters to senators only to receive canned responses, but I doubt the frequent posters on ATS are getting paid for it.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Clinton helped put him in office. The rest of this is a dog and pony reality show.

How do I know? I get news from both sides- and it reads like a breathless, hysterical (not the ha ha definition) dystopian 'choose your own adventure' novel. "Each side is doomed, DOOMED unless you *flips to page 42* DONATE SOME MONEY (page 65), or SIGN THIS PETITION (page 68)".

Then, you're done with the book, the thrilling adventure is finished- and NOT A THING HAS CHANGED.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

We've witnessed the death of individualism. It's now a term looked down upon by many.

Pick a side, that's what the marching orders are.

I try and look at things on an issue by issue basis. I know what my principles are, so I can find myself on either end of the political spectrum from time to time.

People are so hung up on "their side" now though, if you go against their platform on something, or say their leaders made a mistake, than you are a liberal or a concervative to them. That's when they stop listening or having true discussion because in their mind you're deemed and idiot.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Welcome to "Crazy Town "

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Cause its by design, this is how the two political parties in the US control the peoples votes. Its on the verge of becoming a religion. I see it a lot in the 60+ crowed, this political ideology that that is consuming people. It's like a psychological op to push or discredit one or the other political party. Both political parties use social and economic classifications to put Americans against on another and lead us in to some type of totalitarianism.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

You are so far removed from politics it barely has anything to do with you!

Allowing our government and our intelligence agencies to commit corruption at our expense, does affect us all. I don't understand how you can't see that. Draining the swamp and enforcing the law will be one of the most important things we can vote for and participate in during our lifetimes and in order to protect the future of our children.

Many people were affected negatively by Obamacare, by the IRS, by the economy, the DOJ, by the FBI.

Politicians (therefore, politics) are the ones we use to create legislation that affects all of our lives.

Maybe you should have been more specific about which "politics" don't affect us directly. Should we not worry about the behavior of politicians until it affects their ability to make good judgement calls in creating legislation? We should be judging politicians and how they conduct themselves. They represent us and we DO NEED to be informed about how they are going to represent us.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
People should be informed and have opinions about their "leaders". I do think that for many people the emotional input they have is possibly unhealthy for them as an individual - causing undo and un-needed stress - but even then maybe the need to be heard overwhelms the need for peace of mind.

I know that sounds rich coming from me.

Anyway, I think the current issue is caused by hysterics on the left. The rights constant barrage is only a reaction of the danger they see coming from the current left in the USA.

And after watching the latest hearings on the SCOTUS nominee, I am plenty frightened by any of the politicians I see on the left these days. I am not sure what to think of them.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Love em hate em whoever Dem Rep blue red why are people so entrenched in meaningless political posturing?

Because the appeal to the tribal mentality of humans works. It's why we have politics, religion, and professional sports. All three are built on the premise that division makes populations easier to manage. The more division, the better. Caesar used it to win the Gallic wars.

You are not in public office, you do nothing to shape the world. You post online or whine in public. Your life is hardly affected by the orangeness or the sliminess, other than your self-deluded immersion into this fantasy game.

I disagree. Every one of us shapes the world we live in everyday. Just because it isn't readily apparent in most cases, doesn't mean you aren't having an effect. Want proof? Look at your kids. Look at other peoples kids. "If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito in the room." Attributed to the Dalai Lama but much older.

What do you get out of it? How is this enriching your life? Why can't you turn away even for a minute from this obvious puppet show? Do you pretend to be smarter if you involve yourself in the gossipin'-rumour-goin'-round of politics?

Because people care. They are tired of endless wars, endless debt and taxation, endless waste, endless racism, sexism, class-warfare, endless deception by those who are tasked with the administration of the affairs of the country, and the list could go on and on. It was the opinion of Benjamin Franklin and other founding fathers that the people should be involved in the running of this country, and I agree with them. Unfortunately, the tribal mindset and corruption have become so prevalent that few of us are accomplishing anything worthwhile.

This stage is literally a venue to decide how best to screw you over. Why are you complicit? Why are you an accomplice in your own debasement?

Because the smoke and mirrors have been used to great effect.
edit on 9/7/2018 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
There's that old saying, "you might not be interested in politics, but it's very interested in you."

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Well... damn fine point

With the (long suspected) shadow government's confirmation, are we not perpetuating our consent for that behavior by participating in the vote? This is a problem that goes far beyond party lines, yet nobody can take a step back long enough to think of that. Well not nobody, but a lot of people

top topics

join