It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Ryan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Anyone start this yet?
Amazon original series.

Deals with a young Jack Ryan getting pulled into a conspiracy.
I'm only 2 episodes in but so far so good.

Anyone further along than that?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I've been humoring checking it out. I don't watch too much TV though, and currently I'm rewatching The Newsroom on HBO (probably one of my favorite shows ever).

I may have to give this one a try though.... It will take me months to finish haha, on a binge week I may watch 3 episodes of anything on TV.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I saw the first episode, not bad.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Yeah it's not like the best ever or groundbreaking # but if you like Clancy or the character it's worth checking out

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i'm two in, too. watched last night.

it's good, i'll keep watching.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Trueman

Yeah it's not like the best ever or groundbreaking # but if you like Clancy or the character it's worth checking out

Yes, probably every conspiracy theorist will check it. I wonder what people think about it in countries like Germany, if you know what I mean...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'm finishing up 'the expanse' currently. Was going to check that one out next. Looks good on the previews

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I enjoyed the first few episodes but by the end of the season, both my wife and I were making fun of it.
Many cliche's and unbelievable moments, but I don't want to spoil it.
Overall, I found it entertaining and will probably watch the next season.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I've already finished it--it was pretty good. I watch so many similar shows on top of one another, though, that I can't recall a ton of really good specifics or negative ones. Overall, it was entertaining, and I'll check out next season for sure.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I watched the first 5 episodes or so. It's in a similar vein as Homeland but with more focus on action.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Have you checked out Ozark on Netflix? It's got two seasons out and I kept passing up on it because I really wasn't sure what it was about. It's really good.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Have you checked out Ozark on Netflix? It's got two seasons out and I kept passing up on it because I really wasn't sure what it was about. It's really good.

Ozark is the #.
Ruth is the best.

I'd like to see a show centered around her

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Looks good.

Have you seen the new Steven King series Castle Rock? Check it out if you get a chance. I’ve been on it the past week and it’s amazing.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Watched all 8 episodes of Jack Ryan in two sittings. My wife and I both loved it. I'm looking forward to Season 2.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I've been watching castle rock, too. it's creeeeepy and really well done!

Ozark is great, haven't watched the new season yet, tho.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I'm going to start it some time this afternoon, receiving my latest Amazon purchase in a full colour Jack Ryan box was the final straw. It seems to be ticking all of the boxes for something that I would enjoy, and it would finally give a reason to try out Prime Video

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I got to the fourth episode and called it quits...
Spoiler Alert !! Episode three was just gross, and I ain't no prude, but it deserved an R rating with a violent sex scene that did nothing to advance the plot. Episode four (and my last), was ridiculous...Jack Ryan is pursuing an international terrorist on icy roads heading to the Swiss border....and decides to text a chick back in DC to ask her for a date?! ....oh and there are only four people and one night time useless drone engaged in the pursuit. The last straw for me was when Ryan returns home and days later has that date... they are eating at a classic Chesapeake style seafood restaurant when his date whacks at a crab with a small wooden mallet, saying helplessly something about never learning how to crack these crabs.... no it is not a local blue crab, but a big fat Dungeness crab.

edit on 6-9-2018 by SeaYote because: typo

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
I'm finishing up 'the expanse' currently. Was going to check that one out next. Looks good on the previews

LOVED the Expanse....

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaYote

Me too awesome show. I pretty much wasted labor day watching like 8 episodes in a row lol

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah, I started watching it with my wife, but she lost interest, so I haven't finished the first season, but I did like it. I'm a fan of Jason Bateman.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join