It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horroscopes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Right... Who believes what they read in the papers? Do you think the astrologers really know what their talking about or is it just a load of rubbish...

I read mine today and I can relate to it, however, maybe it's just coincidence????

Let me know your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   
So, do I take it no one here has ever read or reads their horroscope?????

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
...umm...nope, you could probably take it that hardly anyone has seen this post, given the SQL Error thingy

...I personally don't put much stock in Horroscopes...don't like the idea that I am not in control of my own life...fate may play its hand, but the path I walk is one of my choosing...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't read my horroscope, because it's too basic..too general. It would have to fit every Gemini or every Cancer and so on..and there is just no way that everyone in the world that falls under the same sign is going to have the same day or week or month. Plus everyone has a chart, so not every Gemini is going to be the same, you have to look at the other planets to find out more about a person, not just the sun sign. Also, depending upon which magazine or paper you are reading, they are going to be different..and that makes no sense to me. One magazine may say, today I will have luck in love and another say today is not a good day for finding love and so on..

I do however, believe in astrology, but I do it myself and I don't make any futuristic charts for myself or anyone because I also believe they are too vague or I might read something I don't like hehe! The deeper you go with astrology, the deeper you can learn about certain people and their personalities and it does help! And you can also learn a great deal about yourself..I really only do it for entertainment..and people always love having their chart done (even if they don't believe astrology) I can always tell people what their sign is within moments of meeting them and it really freaks people out sometimes..so that's ONE reason I think there has to be *some* truth to it..
Magestica

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
My Horoscope for today:

"You may find that an emotional issue is rubbing you the wrong way today, dear Aquarius. Your tendency is to want to escape. Try to do so in a healthy manner. Go out and see a movie or read a book. Don't fall prey to the temptation to indulge in large amounts of drugs and alcohol. This will only push the problems away temporarily. When they resurface again, they may be even harder to handle."

This speaks in volumes of how I feel today. Today is a dark day, very dark indeed.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
it's not something predicting what will happen just how the stars alignments may effect the way you react to situations that may present themselves on that day...hmmm, i just like to read them it's kinda a habit. my friend, Leroy (RIP), use to come into my office every morning and we'd read them together he called them horrible-scopes...

anyhow, here's the one for all you two faced Gemini's out there--like myself.

You might find that there is a quality of dreaminess to your emotions today, dear Gemini, which may be keeping you from maintaining focus on the task at hand. People are likely to be stubborn and confused, and you are likely to be one of them. It may seem as if your mind is actually going in two different directions and you are not sure which way to proceed. Work at trying to incorporate more of your dreams into your waking reality.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Someone may be prodding you to take action today, dear Leo. It may be best if you beat them to it and just motivate yourself. Stay a step or two away from the branding iron and break away from the herd. Lead your own stampede to go wherever you want to go. It is quite likely that you will run into conflict regarding issues that you feel strongly about. People are likely to be quite stubborn, so prepare yourself for a stalemate.

leo
People power. To feel your best today, spend more time socializing with others. Attending a party would fit the bill perfectly! But, that's not the only solution. You can also go to any crowded public place where you can mingle with lots of people. Great day to go to a popular restaurant, movie theater or store.

Those two things are both totally different, Majestica was right. It is just too basic.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I read them for fun but I dont really believe it.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Thanks everyone...

I normally get mine sent to me via e-mail, but as a few of you have said, it is quite vague..

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I agree with Magestica. Although I don't really belive the stuff, a friends mother did a chart for me with my sun sign, moon sign and rising sign. The character interpretation gained from it uncanning matched my personality. She also did charts for my other friends with differed greatly from mine, so as to exclude the possibility that in vagueness it could be anyones. Even so these charts matched the corresponding peoples personalities perfectly. The lady who wrote the book Sun Signs, Moon signs 'Linda Goodman' I think it was, also has very good personality matches for poeple born under certian signs. For these reasons I am intrested in peoples signs for an understanding of their characters. But as Magestica pointed out the other signs must be taken into account for a better understanding.

Further anyone who says they never read their Horroscopes is a lier. Everone is tempted by a magazine or paper lying around, opened to the horroscopes page, to indulge in that human need to see if they will be lucky in love, money, etc.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Oh yeah, absolutely... So many people say that it's a load of rubbish, but you can bet that they have read their horroscope from time to time.

new topics

top topics

join