It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive flooding in area but small area in center shows no signs of recent water

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
A couple of thoughts. Was the water table really low before the storms? The water may have simply been absorbed there. Was there a drought beforehand? Has there been an increase of ground water pumping lately? Since the area has been built up perhaps there is a new concern sucking down the local water table?

That's what I would be looking for.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

When a drainage system is properly designed the result should be what is being described here. It is the other areas that have a problem.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This probably isn't the case but worth a look. A parking lot was put in near here some years ago that collects the runoff and I think it is then filtered before being put into the natural runoff order. The whole system was designed to prevent water pollution from reaching the streams IIRC
I've seen 2 different parking areas that did this. One was a 'permeable' system, that looked like regular asphalt, but water would just disappear down the pores of it, and the other used a combination of that asphalt and special tiles. You really wouldn't know they weren't standard parking lots just by looking.
edit on 25-9-2018 by Starcrossd because: added info

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Right now there are floods and other weather phenomena in Europe which the EU and the green malthusians will try to blame on climate change and their usual nonsense tripe led by nazi-again Germany and Capitulated-again France !

The so-called Paris climate accords need to receive a final nail in the coffin from Trump and that's what he's going to have to do in the immediate future. Leave the EU in its own boiling soup of migrants, malthusians and other idiots !

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Thanks for your answer, it is very valuable to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join