It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unconscious Mind Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The unobvious is the part of life that subtly controls us, through thousands of unconscious leveraged indirections. They work automatically like a computer in our unconscious mind to warp the perception of our reality. Then we modify our behavior to react according to the warped perceptions. Then our modified behavior causes reality to fulfill many of our delusions about it. And then we end up living in and interacting with a pseudo-reality caused by our own unconscious (and therefore automated) delusions. This is the invisible puzzle of "normal life".

Some simple examples: The visualization that "food has to taste bad to be good for you" can automate a compulsion to eat things you don’t enjoy in order to be healthy, or a desire for junk food in order to enjoy yourself. And, the visualization that "I invested too much in this to get rid of it" may automate an emotional inability to get rid of something that continues to cost you more money to keep than to replace.

At a deeper level, more sophisticated unconscious leveraged indirections exist by the thousands. They build upon each other to completely change our perspective of reality. They compel and mold human feelings, and warp the criteria used to make decisions. Our interaction with this kind of reality causes us to create many of the effects that we thought happened on their own. And it generates opportunities for "outsiders" to utilize tactics for unconscious coercion, replacing our free will thought without the conscious knowledge or sensation of it being replaced. If there are "outsiders" with such intent, this is mind control.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
An aside to a colleague...."Hey check out the new guy."

"A bit rough around the edges."

"Yeah, but he's already made it to step 1."

"Sure has.....continue monitoring.......he may show further depth."

"I'm going to say there is sufficient data to warrant as much."

"Good. Then it's settled."

Welcome to ATS, Emmett_Dabru. I think you might enjoy your stay here.......

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
nice, and welcome...................

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS-BTS-PTS etcetera.

Your the only person that I know of that did'nt just say hi I'm so and so.

That is very deep theory.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Did you ever stop and think. Really if you did you would have notice your thoughs that comprise the so called sub-concious. What you percieve is your reality. ANY thing you don't notice doesn't effect you. So mind control is when your weak minded enough to believe in it. I routinely break down the sub-concious but rather I like to think of it as a computer desktop. The background layer is the subconcious. You mind can devote lots of memoery and resouces to these things that you never even have to notice. The midground layer is like a active web browser window which you can move around and place behind another one. The foreground layer of you mind is without though and that is concious. Everything just flows together and seemlessly. To think is subconcious and repeative. That is my way of seeing it. What is your's?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Anything you dont notice doesnt affect you..... I hadnt thought of that until now....

Can anyone come up with examples to prove this wrong?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
There is no proof of ether only what you conceive that is the truth. You cannot proof that someone else didn't at one time think of a response to a reflex. Nor can you proof they did didn't, it is you own unique preception that leads to your interation with reality. Try proving the exsistance of something you don't notice effects you is like you friend asking you about you favorite t.v. show. If you missed the episode, then only when you friend brang it up did you become effected. But if you watch the show then you would have come up with some response to as how it affected you. If you didn't prescipt a response you really don't like your friend or it was because the episode held no interest to you.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canopene
There is no proof of ether only what you conceive that is the truth. You cannot proof that someone else didn't at one time think of a response to a reflex. Nor can you proof they did didn't, it is you own unique preception that leads to your interation with reality. Try proving the exsistance of something you don't notice effects you is like you friend asking you about you favorite t.v. show. If you missed the episode, then only when you friend brang it up did you become effected. But if you watch the show then you would have come up with some response to as how it affected you. If you didn't prescipt a response you really don't like your friend or it was because the episode held no interest to you.

OK, then how do you deal with things like love and pain? These things just happen, whether you want them or not. Physical pain especially. You cant not notice it and therefore say it`s not there....it`s something that happens that forces you to become aware of it.

new topics

top topics

join