It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Or Harakiri

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Perhaps my content will be minimal due to the lack of breath I have at the moment.

I am in total disbelief and I shouldn't rant, I should just go to bed and calmly contemplate my next step.
War or Harakiri. I was just informed by a good friend and former co-worker that my former employer had said publicly that they would make sure I never got a job again.
I have been job searching for one month since I quit with out any result. Nada. Nothing. This is an area short of adequete workers.
I don't know where to turn?
I resigned because the enviroment was toxic. They had treated other employees with disdain and I knew I was next on thier list. There was theft and corruption that I could not condone and I was falsly accused.
Are there legal actions I can take? I don't know. This terrifies me.

How can people have such power? Are they protected by some universal law?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Bad news - some people s@ck.

You need a workaround; leave that job off your resume (if possible).
Have someone you know call old employer and ask for a reference to test it.

Best of Luck!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I hope all is ok WIS.
Its been a long time since we last spoke.
Its a good thing you no longer work somewhere that's so toxic.. you just don't know it yet.
I am the final say on kitchen hires now so I have come across people that no one will hire in my town because they are thieves.. I am the opposite, I can just show up for a job..

Anyway your old boss probably doesn't have that level of sway. They'd have to know everyone in what ever industry it is..

Im sure you will find something.
The last few times I had to leave a job it worked out in my favor after that scary jobless period was over I end up with raises, a better job, and now Im constantly in talks with owners of restaurants.. didnt think my life would change that fast.

You're too awesome of a person..
If anyone has the universe on their side it should be you.

Good luck WIS!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

It's funny you say that. I woke up the other night and thought "Something is wrong, I need to have some one call them for a reference" fell asleep again but recalled my thoughts in the morning.
It is in way comforting to have my suspicion confirmed, but I don't know where to turn. Thank you

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Hey You, you made me cry happy tears just by showing up. I was looking at your email contact the other day and thought " I wonder how he is doing? " So much time has passed but you show up just......
You just made me happy, in the middle of this puddle. Big Giant Wolfie Hug.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Thats what I'm here for wolfie
Kitty hugz right back at ya!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You’re Welcome. Really hope it turns around for you soon!

edit on 28-8-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I am furious

But I know I have to calm down, follow the scent and not run randomly out in the open.
Rembember times long ago remember being brave and cold as ice.
I stalled ships from going to sea, endagering the whole crew. I can figure this out if I just stay calm and let my anger drive me. Logic.
Right now I am just enraged.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't have any words of wisdom, only a hand to hold and a hug to give. I hope and pray that things turn around for you Wis. It isn't much, but It's all I have.

You are not one to give up easily and I know that you will keep trying until a good job shows up.

I was scared to death between jobs before and then I found something. It wasn't the greatest job, but it was something, an honest living that helped pay the bills. The in between times of waiting can be brutal, but I'm here for you.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If I recall correctly, there is only so much information they can provide when giving a reference.

If they make unfounded and false statements about you, they have slandered you. There are criminal and civil penalties that may apply.

If I understand your Harakiri reference, I'd suggest you do what you must, and bring everybody down. Get it over with...

You should probably get an attorney, or go to legal aid.

This is just my humble opinion. I hope everything works out for you.

-dex

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I appreciate your concern about finding a job, but this is about slander and corruption. These people are horrid and I will hang them out. Must just have patience.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

That is a horrible, horrible thing to happen. Fight 'em mighty Wolf!

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Perhaps my content will be minimal due to the lack of breath I have at the moment.

I am in total disbelief and I shouldn't rant, I should just go to bed and calmly contemplate my next step.
War or Harakiri. I was just informed by a good friend and former co-worker that my former employer had said publicly that they would make sure I never got a job again.
I have been job searching for one month since I quit with out any result. Nada. Nothing. This is an area short of adequete workers.
I don't know where to turn?
I resigned because the enviroment was toxic. They had treated other employees with disdain and I knew I was next on thier list. There was theft and corruption that I could not condone and I was falsly accused.

I work in an industry that honestly has 6 degrees of separation with most others nationally, if not into globally (at least in same language nations).
The people that say things such as that, have so little power it's laughable.

Your true adversary, will never make it public they have it out for you. You will just find out from the jobs you have, they had heard certain things about you.

Most people will recognize one person's opinion is just that. And an opinion of the nature you described, will get recognized quickly. To your benefit.

Don't let other's opinions cloud your understanding of yourself.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I had a friend in the aerospace industry who exposed some incompetency in a project and the manager got him retrenched to shut him up. Turns out this manager had some pull through the industry and its wider iterations. He was convinced the manager was a mason and used his power to black listed him. I helped him to apply for some jobs and he eventually got a stable and rather easy low stress job, but grumbles about the money.

A period of no employment can be a good time for self reflection. Everyone comes back eventually stronger.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Work life balance is also important. Tried to get home based work but the excuses and hurdles that get put up by the career beaucrate above me makes it an insurrmoutable challenge.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   
This could be the best thing that's ever happened to you. Good luck

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I don't know how- and I've run afoul of their kind. They ARE protected somehow- and once you're screwed by them, the effect is seemingly permanent.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

There was theft and corruption that I could not condone and I was falsly accused.

Was this theft and corruption taking place in an isolated department or was it rampant throughout the entire organization?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

America is practically the wild west, where employers are concerned. As far as I understand it, unless you happen to be unionised, loaded, or lucky to find a lawyer who will work for the fun of it and nothing else, you will be largely unable to respond to this situation in any fashion, whatsoever.

That being said, I am not at all sure that the individual you are speaking of would have the power to recommend against employing you to anyone in a position to do so, unless your town is very small, smaller than mine by a good bit, which is saying something, because for any American town to be smaller than a UK one is highly unusual. As a company director myself, I only know the business persons on my street, and maybe five people in business in the towns other wards. I do not know anyone who manages a McDonalds, or anyone in the upper reaches of the local ASDA/Walmart store, for example. Its not normal for one director or manager, to know every other employer in an area, or have ways to contact them, without arousing the suspicion of those they contact.

Furthermore, although this individual has SAID that they would wreck your chances, and although you are probably not in a position to hire a powerful attorney to get after him for slander and defamation, perhaps also libel, the fact is that for a manager or business person to go ahead and start a campaign against an employee, which COULD result in such an action, would be highly, HIGHLY unusual.

If you are having trouble scoring a new job, thats hardly out of the ordinary. Its an employers market right now, where the conditions of ones working day, the pay and the uniform can ALL be crap, but the employee has no power to correct any of that at the moment, no matter which side of the pond you work. I would advise you to assume that the local jobs market is just bad for employees right now, because it would be very strange to discover that EVERYONE who could offer you a job, has been accessed by this one, toxic individual.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Yes, actually there are. You should have a friend call your former boss while recording the call, pretending to be an HR rep who is calling about your application to their company. ANYTHING negative your former boss says about you would be required to be substantiated. For instance, if they tell someone calling them regarding your reference that you stole, then they better have a police report filed or they just opened themselves up to a massive lawsuit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join