It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medusa revolver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
howdy all,

I've been looking for a Medusa revolver for years but most gun stores look at me like i a m nutz when i ask if they have one. Amazing fire arm but limited info out there on it.

www.cadco.com...

i hear it actually will fire WITHOUT MODIFICATION in the relm of 138 different clibers of ammunition.

Anybody else following this gun? Or better yet see it for less than $860.00 somewhere as that is pretty steep for a revolver.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I've looked about for you and $860.00 is the lowest price I found. I find little information though, or hard facts on it working. Only thing I can find is that it is made by Phillips & Rodgers.

Best of luck finding a cheaper one, average price I found was $1000.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by launchpad

i hear it actually will fire WITHOUT MODIFICATION in the relm of 138 different clibers of ammunition.

After digging a little, this is not quite correct. The revolver claims to be able to fire a bunch of different types of ammunition - but all are in the caliber.

There are several different ways to measure the size of the bullet - .38, .357 and 9mm bullets are all the same diameter. The only difference between this weapon and a standard .357 revolver are looks, and an extractor that allows it to use "rimless" ammunition.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
ok maybe caliber was not quite the correct word- all with basically a 9mm projectile but 138 different cases which is pretty amazing. a 38 special won't fit in a 9mm luger or that in a 9mm long etc for any OTHER gun out there. supposedly you could put all those different bullet TYPES in a box shake it up and feed a random handful into the cylinder of the revolver and have no problems.

i figure in a time of crisis have that many different ammo types available for a single gun would be a huge benefit. Ammo will be a huge issue after it all hits the fan and while this is only a revolver your chances got to be a little better if you have one.

i think i want more than one and i still have not been able to shoot one let alone see one in person!

anyone else out there hear anything more on this gun??

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by launchpad
ok maybe caliber was not quite the correct word- all with basically a 9mm projectile but 138 different cases which is pretty amazing. a 38 special won't fit in a 9mm luger or that in a 9mm long etc for any OTHER gun out there.

This is not quite true. Most handguns chambered for the .357 magnum can also fire the .38 special (which is a shorter cartdige). The problem lies in using ammunition that doesn't have a rim around the back.

I'm not saying it's insignifigant- but the only "special" item about this is the supposed extractor to handle ammo without a rim. Given the lack of information and/or reviews on the web, I do somewhat wonder whether this weapon actually exists (for sale) and if it works as advertised.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
years ago i did see reviews in handgun magazine and it came across as a very reliable performer. i am wondering why it has not caught on more or even more gun dealers being aware of its existance. i did post one link to where one can purchase the gun. Just have not found a place locally to see it in person before special ordering one through a local dealer.

the 357 / 38 special caliber is no big deal - 2 rounds and 2 rounds only. we are talking 138 different rounds and there is a little more to the issue- not only are some of the rounds rimless they are also tapered cases.

i have a 22 that chambers 22mag and 22LR - no big deal again for the two ammo types.

top topics

join