It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate adopts resolution backing free press after Trump attacks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Pravda good!
Everything else bourgeois propaganda!

Ummm...wouldn’t the fact that Obama handed the intelligence (gack) community the ability to legally use propaganda through the MSM against the US population...be slightly more...Pravdaesque...?

YouSir

They've been doing that since Vietnam. Maybe earlier.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

but they can pass meaningless resolutions

Actually this is somewhat important, since Trump is trying to brainwash his mindless minions to hate and attack the media, which is terrible and unconstitutional for our country. He wants to be a dictator with no dissent, which is unAmerican.

I seem to remember a certain guy named Barack that did quite a few nasty things to journalist. I do believe some of them were even jailed.

Of course that was different right?

I am sure others have made this point to you ja?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The same media thats burying the story about a Extremist training camp on US soil, that was training children to carry out school shootings, and cost the life of one child that was buried on the grounds of that camp.

Then they offered them released at an absurdly low bond , that you wouldnt even get for a marijuana possession charge

Oh then the feds, BULLDOZED the compound and buried the evidence within a week of it all happening?

THAT media?

Sure, nothing to see here.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered
The same media thats burying the story about a Extremist training camp on US soil, that was training children to carry out school shootings, and cost the life of one child that was buried on the grounds of that camp.

Then they offered them released at an absurdly low bond , that you wouldnt even get for a marijuana possession charge

Oh then the feds, BULLDOZED the compound and buried the evidence within a week of it all happening?

THAT media?

Sure, nothing to see here.

You don't seem to understand. It's not their fault. It's the fault of the guns. The guns are to blame.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
So are we going to trust the senate this week?

I thought it was a pretty common opinion that both the house and the senate are incredibly incompetent, so is it right this time... or do you consider it right because it happens to support your personal opinion.

Personally even when I feel congress has actually gotten something right... I still don't trust them.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Gallup: In general how much trust and confidence do you have in the mass media?

news.gallup.com...

Gallup began asking this question in 1972, and on a yearly basis since 1997. Over the history of the entire trend, Americans' trust and confidence hit its highest point in 1976, at 72%, in the wake of widely lauded examples of investigative journalism regarding Vietnam and the Watergate scandal. After staying in the low to mid-50s through the late 1990s and into the early years of the new century, Americans' trust in the media has fallen slowly and steadily. It has consistently been below a majority level since 2007.

In 2015 (befor Trump started to call the media an enemy of the people) only 55% of Democrats found mass media to be trustworthy and had confidence in its reporting. Only 33% of Independents felt the same way and 32% of Republicans. All together less than 40% of Americans had confidence in and found the mass media to be trustworthy in 2015 .... Befor Trump called everyone fake news...

BEFOR Russian fake news got Donald Trump elected Americans didnt trust our media. It really didnt mater whether you where Democrat, Republican or Independent our mass media was not trusted.

Now we have a Senate defending an industry that a majority of us did not trust 3 years ago (Befor Trump) ... an industry that "opps sorry" gave way to much coverage of Trump leading up to the elections.

If I was on a websight dedicated to conspiracy I might wonder if an industry who's trustworthiness "has consistently been below a majority level since 2007" might have found it advantageous to find themselves an enemy that they could use to scare the people back into the fold.

I'd also wonder if Washington, who's approval rating was just as low as mass maida in 2015 (befor Trump), and who requires mass media to deliver their messages, might have also found it advantageous.

But na who's got that kind of attention span. It's all about 2018. Trump is attacking the media (whom we all didn't trust in 2015) and that makes him a scary dictatorial bogeyman and we must all now go out and defend it ... our future depends on it.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Congress Critters Incorporated (LLC) usually only polls about 14% Approval Rating, since like teh days of Dubya, fairly consistent.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: rollanotherone
Glad to hear it roll.. However I don't think that potus has that in mind. Should he should publically move in that direction, I think to many would turn on him.

Yup. Because doing what's right for our country seems to curse you with either 1 term or dead in Texas. Sad that's what it's come to.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join