It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temple of the Dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

hunger strike

It's a good band so add more to this thread if you find any more. Thanks and enjoy.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AngelicIRage

YES. That band is awesome Eddie and Chris are phenomenal in this hauntingly and fantastic song!

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

yeah great band... shame they didn't do much

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Right on, it's one of my favorite bands of all time.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Thanks I like that one too, there's one more i might add.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Oh yea. This album is one of my absolute favorites. Every song reaches out and makes you feel something.

Have you listened to Mad Season? It’s basically the same band (pearljam members) with Layne Staley from alice in chains singing. Here is a link to the full album.

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I believe this was recorded as a tribute to Andrew Wood, lead singer of Mother Love Bone, who tragically died of an overdose. Mother Love Bone were being tipped as the next big thing to come out of Seattle, and all the local bands looked up to them. A couple of the Pearl Jam band members and Chris Cornell were very good friends with him and his death hit them hard, in fact they stopped playing for several months. I don't think Eddie knew him as such as Eddie came from out of State(?) and was a newcomer to the band when they were looking for a new singer. In fact I don't think Pearl Jam existed at that point, the first few gigs with Eddie on vocals they went by the name of Mookie Blaylok (I think?!).

But you're right, Eddie and Chris are/were awesome front men and this is a great song and a great tribute. Thanks for posting OP.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: igotID

Yeah, I believe Eddie is from Los Angeles, and comes from money. Which was why Seattle locals didn't give him much respect.

And Mother Love Bone... Talk about tragic. Right before they were about to go straight to the top too.

youtu.be...
edit on 19-8-2018 by rollanotherone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Have you watched the movie Singles? I own the soundtrack. One of the better soundtracks to come out, especially for that grunge time period.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
RIP Chris Cornell, helluva musician. Some of my favorites are just him playing acoustic and singing.

Watching him jam out with his guitar that isn't plugged into any amp in the hunger strike video still makes my girlfriend giggle.

Such an amazing time for good music. I forget how old it is (and I am) until some dj on the radio says "can you believe this album is twenty five years old? I wasn't even born yet"

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Always loved the band! Great music! Thank you!

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Chris Cornell's voice was at it's peak at this point in his career. Great album. And Mad Season's album was awesome too as was Layne Staley. Geez, when you think about it, in just a handful of posts in this thread there is a lot of tragedy and sadness with Cornell, Staley and Wood all having passed. We lost some great ones
edit on 19-8-2018 by awhispersecho because: (no reason given)

top topics

join