It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who can measure the love of Christ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver
Whatever cannot be detected by the senses has to be recognised by thought. I don't think that concept is very controversial.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Whatever cannot be detected by the senses has to be recognised by thought. I don't think that concept is very controversial.

Thought appears within the seeing........................are you aware that thought appears here and now?
But thought speaks about things that are not true..................like happenings outside of presence.

Does 'before' and 'after' appear in Christ?

edit on 18-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
Now you're wandering off again into your private mystical mumbo-jumbo, which has nothing to do with Biblical theology. You can stay in that corner, if that's where you want to be. I shall take no notice of you.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

We normally measure things in three dimensions, because we stand apart from what we are measuring.
But when Paul invites us to contemplate the love of Christ, we are no longer detached observers.
We are embraced by the love of Christ, in which we are “rooted and grounded”.
We are contained by the love of Christ, which is visible in all directions.
We can see six dimensions in his love, because we are standing plumb in the middle of it.
But we cannot ever measure the love of Christ, because there are no limits within sight.
There is a love which goes beyond all our knowledge.

This love is prior to knowledge.....................it is here in plain sight...............all around you.
What is appearing is the love of Christ.

This means that what is not all around you, embracing you..............your immediate environment..............is not the love of Christ. Only thought can imagine that there is anything other than what is in your immediate environment.

You wrote it!!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

If you had no senses how could thought be seen or heard?

If you cannot see tomorrow ....................thought will make it up.......but will that make thoughts about tomorrow true?

No - only what is appearing is true.

Life is not a story made of words...............it is this that is....never not here and never not now.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: csimon

In my opinion - the love of Christ is immeasurable.

except for the people on his sh!t list... right?

Are you a parent? If you are, you know that you love your kids even when they are on your sh!t list, but you also know that just because you love, or maybe because you love them, they aren't going to get out of the consequences of their actions, either.
edit on 18-8-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Impossible to measure the love emanating from an empty space

Loving yourself solely, free from false ideas though, there's the true beauty

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
God's love is infinite but you can't measure infinity.

On the other hand, believe in Jesus or you go to hell forever... That's just not right. That is straight up Hitler stuff, believe in me or die. That is something the devil would do, make people believe or else.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
God's love is infinite but you can't measure infinity.

On the other hand, believe in Jesus or you go to hell forever...

The first line is part of my point.

The second line is really a caricature which has developed over the centuries. What the New Testament is actually offering is a choice between being in the presence of God and not being in the presence of God. Except that one is supposed to be more desirable than the other, we don't know what either would feel like.

It might help if I point out that the essence of faith is trust. We choose between trusting and not trusting.

edit on 18-8-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

So where do you get going to hell forever from?
Is that your understanding from what you have researched or are you parroting another persons belief because you havnt really a clue what the bible states

I think you are somewhat mindles in your approach to what Christianity teaches
Sad you project your fears that way

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

"No one comes to the Father but through Me" (John 14:6).

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Mark 16:16 The one who believes and is baptized will be saved, but the one who does not believe will be condemned.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

"No one comes to the Father but through Me" (John 14:6).

So where do you get going to burn in hell forever from that verse?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Mark 16:16 The one who believes and is baptized will be saved, but the one who does not believe will be condemned.

So where do you get burning in hell forever from with that text

I mean come on, you have given me nothing to suggest that people are eternally punished at all
I don't think you will find anything, might be time to stop,saying hell is eternal punishment for humanity
A loving God doesn't do that, it's not hard to work out

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

nobody gets to God (Heaven) except first going thru me (Jesus) first.

as if you need his permission... at least that is how I took it.

I guess I could be wrong, it happens from time to time.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I truly hope you are right... That would be just great because Hell would suck...

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

Heaven is eternal so is hell.
But there is nothing in the bible that states than humanity is eternal, that humanity will suffer in hells torment forever, Satan and the demons will, they are eternal creatures

Humans are not eternal, non Christians will be separated from God and will be consumed, burnt away completely, eternally destroyed not eternally punished

Don't believe everything you hear, God is love, eternal punishment is not love
How could a parent live in heaven and believe their children is eternally suffering in hell!

I don't love God because I fear hell, love God because He first loved me

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

You have given me stuff to think about. Thanks. It was a pleasure arguing with you. lol

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It is not that I don't believe in Jesus, I do.

I just don't believe he was in this Universe. M-Theory says that there are infinite Universes so logically there is a Universe where Jesus the son of God was alive and died for our sin and rose from the dead.

I guess though only one Universe is needed seeing how Gods and Jesus' Love is infinite.

I just didn't think our Universe is special. Where is the magic is what I am wondering.

Peace

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

a reply to: Itisnowagain
When physical sight is not possible, then thought is the alternative. Reading letters usually helps.

So , you have to use your imagination?

Your point is very valid. As primarily a Buddhist, love is something I was struggling to understand. I feel that love from our mind is limiting, its dependant on receiving something in return, grasping etc. Until someone in ATS shared an obtuse saying from the Buddha...

"If you see Buddha on the road, Kill him"

It means we cannot comprehend Jesus (his love, his compassion, his forgiveness) without achieving the spirit of Jesus in our hearts (thus can never see him). Once achieved, we no longer need Jesus the man, because we embody Jesus in our hearts. So true love is not as limiting as a thought from our brain. It demands opening our soul into this world. And letting this world into our soul - being born again. Allowing the holy spirit (or kundalini) to flow through us as it did Jesus, during his baptism. Baptism being symbolic of how we should live. If we wash away all our sins (ego constructs) we don't need seek the holy spirit. It will come to us.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join