It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth:God is a machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It has to be.If we belive that sex is a sin then it means that there is no sex in heaven\real world,if no sex then no private parts,if no private parts then no food then it means god is a machine as i believe that the only way to live forever is to be a machine .Every organic thing in this universe will die from bacteria to humans to planets to stars to galaxies to even this universe.And i think Science can only accept the hindiu\bhuddism religion as they say that the universe is nothing but a matrix ie a computer game\sim and the only way to get out is through purification .So there you have it.If you don't believe me then wait for 10-20 years and then games are going to be soo real that you wold think that is this truly the real world.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
no private parts then no food then it means god is a machine

Wow. Not one of those suppositions follows from the other.

as i believe that the only way to live forever is to be a machine .

And your beleifs are binding on the supernatural because.....?

J_3

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
sex is not a sin. It is a sin to have sex with someone who you are not married to because you would being using them for their body. (If you are referring to Christianity). Also in the bible it states that every one (plant, animal, or human) must die once. After which we will be givin our immortal bodies in heaven or go to hell. Machine's like we think of them are human creations out of the earth's resources - so how could God be a machine?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
But then you could say how would the machine power itself.
Also if there was a god i would doubt him being physical.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Truth:God is a machine

If this is true who created the machine?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Oh wow thats some rock hard proof you got there
this place is too much

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

.Every organic thing in this universe will die from bacteria to humans to planets to stars to galaxies to even this universe.

So we live in hope that thebatteries will eventually go flat.

If this is true then who created the machine

If that is you logic then who created god? The chicken or the egg?

[edit on 22/2/2005 by JamesBlonde]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

It has to be.If we belive that sex is a sin then it means that there is no sex in heaven\real world,if no sex then no private parts,if no private parts then no food then it means god is a machine as i believe that the only way to live forever is to be a machine .Every organic thing in this universe will die from bacteria to humans to planets to stars to galaxies to even this universe.And i think Science can only accept the hindiu\bhuddism religion as they say that the universe is nothing but a matrix ie a computer game\sim and the only way to get out is through purification .So there you have it.If you don't believe me then wait for 10-20 years and then games are going to be soo real that you wold think that is this truly the real world.

I can't argue with that. No, really, I can't argue with it as it is gibberish.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
who does the programming and the maintenance.hey, you think he's employing for those depatments?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Before you die with laughter, you might want to read this article that was published in Wired magazine a couple of years ago. While we don't have to agree that it's true. This is an interesting speculation, and worthy of debate. Read the article and then see what you think. I liked it.

Wired - God is the Machine
Few ideas are so preposterous that no one at all takes them seriously, and this idea — that God, or at least the universe, might be the ultimate large-scale computer — is actually less preposterous than most.

Is God the Word itself, the Ultimate Software and Source Code, or is God the Ultimate Programmer? Or is God the necessary Other, the off-universe platform where this universe is computed?

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
That article has roughly the same title, but it doesn't argue:

It has to be.If we belive that sex is a sin then it means that there is no sex in heaven\real world,if no sex then no private parts,if no private parts then no food then it means god is a machine as i believe that the only way to live forever is to be a machine

[edit on 22/2/05 by FatherLukeDuke]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
A video game may be able to recreate reality through artificial means, but this does not denote to reality being created by a proverbial machine steered by 'God' per se.

I was confused and thought you were refering to a Deus ex Machina initialy, still, I think the Matrix movies have done more harm than good to our hormone imbalanced youth.

Deep

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
home of the biological machine
just another brick in the wall.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
look at the great orgies of the kings..sex is majikal if you can understand it better than the majority do today..
sex majik rules..

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The best argument I can give is that never dying is the same as being dead the whole time.

You would be static, and that would make you inanimate, and if you were like that forever you should be considered 'dead'.

I suggest thinking in terms of life being recycled, repackaged, re-incarnated, not ending, or needing to last forever in one form.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If god were a machine couldn't satan just implant a virus into him? Or does he have the best anti-virus software ever created? This is ludicrous. God is spirit, not flesh/machine. Machines are subordinates to man, and man to God.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
That article has roughly the same title, but it doesn't argue:

It has to be.If we belive that sex is a sin then it means that there is no sex in heaven\real world,if no sex then no private parts,if no private parts then no food then it means god is a machine as i believe that the only way to live forever is to be a machine

True. I think it's a mistake to try and merge these two seperate topics into one discussion. Is the Universe a program? Is sex a sin? Two totally different discussions that don't mix well together. It would have been better to attack the ideas seperately.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Listen I live in India and i am a hindu.I believe in karma,maya,moksha.A user above me said sex is not a sin if you are married and then do sex .Then till me in this life you marry your lover and then have kids and then die,then you are born in your next life according to your karma and then again you marry to a new lover and have kids and then die.This process is repeated indefinately until you are spritually awaken and realize that when you go to your next life you have a new life partner(dosen't this means it is a sin as you would do sex with another body).
I didn't knew what my religion meant until i watched the movie matrix.The whole matrix theme is taken from the hindu religion.I always think that there are so many alien civ and yet not a single machine race.I think it is a signal that there are no biologival organisms in the real world.God believes in purification which only advanced bio creatures such as us can do.Just think a machine beilieving in purification.In my religion there are 3 major gods.The creator:bhrama,the preserver:vishnu and the destructor:shiva.i think that in the real world there were biological creatures and they created AI and these bio creatures were just like humans(violent) and then there was a great war btw bio creatures and machines and machines won.They had abstract thinking and then they were boared with life as they lived forever and then they created this pc game known as the universe.I could be wrong though,god could be a biological organsim and made this system but think if greys,reptilions,nordics, and diff alien races believed in god then there god would look like them.It has to be a machine or a bio machine or even pure energy.I can tell you that when we goto heaven\real world we will know everything.And this is for users who don't believe in matrix:www.gamespot.com... .Browse down to "official movies" and stream unreal 3.0 demo.If this is possble now then think what games would be like from 100 years(forget 1000 yrs)

top topics

join