It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will drones and personal tech solve the UFO mystery?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I was driving home, glanced up to a plane and thinking back to the Phoenix Lights and the year they appeared -- 1997. Cell phone footage was much worse back then and I thought about the tech of the time.

Now more people have drones and I wondered if the same thing happened, whether someone could send a personal drone up for a closer look?

On a related note -- personal tech on a larger scale -- could people like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos, with their wealth, launch probes to take hi-res photos of the far side of the Moon, Mars etc.? If they were interested of course.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Chaz

What if they become part of their Army?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

They will solve some UFO mysteries, yes.

There isn't just ONE giant UFO mystery.

UFO reports on a case by case basis are all very different from one another. I am confident technology will help some of these cases out, but they won't magically give us all the secrets of the universe.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
why haven't they? i can get a 4k drone for 400$.... an iPhone is over a grand. so proving the ufo phenomenon isn't a budget issue anymore

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The "UFO mystery" is a little less mysterious with the application of common sense. It obviously isn't aliens so what's left?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Why bother even investigating UFOs when people will inject nonsense about aliens and being probed etc etc.

It's a huge problem with the field but with that being said why not aliens?

It's fun to theorize, with science something needn't be proved, that something though does require diligent attempts to disprove it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

That's a naive misconception.

Do you really believe, if you showed people a high def video or photo of something that seems incredible, that it would be accepted immediately and solve the" UFO mystery" ?

If your footage is too good, it must not be real. You will be assumed as a hoaxer, the photo or video won't matter to anyone outside of the groups already willing to embrace UFOlogy.
Then the footage will just fall into obscurity and the sea of "sightings" on the internet.

A 4K image of a genuine UFO isn't going to answer any questions.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Now more people have drones and I wondered if the same thing happened, whether someone could send a personal drone up for a closer look?

They do fly so I would say its very reasonable to think someone can and could if a similar event happened.

as for this question

What UFO mystery?

There is no one UFO mystery, each sighting and claim of UFO may have a separate mundane answer or may have separate extraordinary answers for each case, its more likely that there are many, many answers than just one that can answer all mysteries UFO related.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
The "UFO mystery" is a little less mysterious with the application of common sense. It obviously isn't aliens so what's left?

I wouldn't say it's obvious. Unless you know something about non-human intelligence that the rest of us don't.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

The thing is Chaz we already have the photos footage and testimonies from sources going back to the stoneage and we still don't really have a clue what's going on. I genuinely don't believe we can ever fully understand the ufo reality as it is literally over our understanding. The government is another thing, they might have more understanding but for us normal people nothing will probably change unless they appear on mass all over Planet earth.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Just what if...since the majority of Humans have never left the planet, we are actually surrounded by all kinds of "life", almost jelly fish like organisms that float around our planet some ways beyond the immediate orbits?

Some actually get through and upon descending into our planet, are able to pull off crazy moves, an in doing so, reveal to us what appears to be alien ships hoovering about.

Maybe missing persons reports and people being abducted from "beams of light" are actually tentacles taking people, just in our frame of reference, it appears like a beam of light.

Meh, just something I thought of with no real backing, just some feed for thought.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

i dont think so.
as cgi tools advanced so have the abilities to discern cgi from reality.

im certain if there was the same amount of ufo 'viseos' from the 80-early 200s at 4k hd, the ufo phenomenon would be called 'ifo'
identified flying object
edit on 15-8-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We'll see what happens when everybody starts wearing trackers and a Go Pro or equivalent camera everywhere they go to avoid lawsuits or wrongful arrests.

So far, though, even with practically everyone carrying a high-resolution camera around in their pockets, it hasn't led to any great insight into the UFO mystery, other than suggest that a huge number of old sightings were probably just odd military aircraft or mundane things like unusual weather or space junk. Not aliens.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Nice idea, but think on this. You spot a UFO, send your drone up for a close look, but ooops, it's the $10 billion stealth aircraft and your drone just flew into the engine intake bringing it down. I hope your $400 drone covers the damage.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Nice idea, but think on this. You spot a UFO, send your drone up for a close look, but ooops, it's the $10 billion stealth aircraft and your drone just flew into the engine intake bringing it down. I hope your $400 drone covers the damage.

Somehow I doubt it would be that easy or inexpensive to bring one of those down. But I suppose "you break it, you buy it."

top topics

join