It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'UFO' shaped Tungsten Disks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hi All,

I've been using the search facility to look for similar stories but have found zero evidence, but we all know my searches are a bit lame??
Sorry if posted already. But I saw a bit of footage the other day about these stone discs found in Siberia. They look particularly interesting and extremely unique.

First of all, I just wish to put this out there that although I am "a believer", I do not think these a UFO craft. However, you do have to admit, the shape ticks all the boxes?

LINK

On top of this, one of these discs was found under 40 meters of earth/rock. Thirdly, rumored to be made of Tungsten??

I can understand those who propose these disks to be nothing but rock exposed to severe weather erosion? BUT Tungsten?

There has since been a dozen or so disks found but not a lot of information on them?

Can anyone shed some light on these interesting shaped rocks??

Cheers all.

edit on 13-8-2018 by CaptainBeno because: Disc to Disk! No pleasing some people

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

I think you mean disk shaped.

I remember seeing it on ATS before (too lazy to search).

Looks like a stone to me, aka concretion.

Btw tungsten is a high density heavy metal. So that thing would weight like a ton.

News source:
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I looked into these a bit in the past. They are not all exactly disc shaped. And they are definitely not made of tungsten.

What really sticks in my memory is that some were perfectly disc shaped and balanced so well they could be spun like a top and spin for quite awhile.

Also I recall a good many of them having 3 pretty straight lines in the center region that went all the way around.

Definitely strange, and probably very old although I lack faith overall in our current dating methods.

I'm pretty sure they were able to eliminate the meteorite theory due to chemical composition.

I like to entertain the possibility of ancient intelligence on Earth but these were likely naturally made somehow somewhere.

Certainly open for healthy speculation!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
They aren't metal, they are made of wolfram, an ore containing tungsten.
According to the linked article the one perfectly shaped disk(shown in OP pic) was found separately than the others, in a coal mine 40 metres underground.
It has been determined as being manmade, unlike the rest that are said to be the result of natural weathering processes.
It certainly has my attention, perfectly symmetrical and shaped found deep underground I doubt we'll ever now the truth of its origins.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

So what's your guess on why it was down 40 meters underground? Apparently back in the day the mining companies would find remanence of past civilizations as in tools or art in newly dug mines.

One example: "300-Million-Year-Old Tooth Wheel Found In Russian Coal: Scientists"
Link

I think we are much older that we want to think and that we have lived through every apocalypse that the earth has thrown at us.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Other pictures have them sticking 1/2 way in and 1/4 out of ground and twice the size...these are not the same as your photo.

Saw them last WK....search them out...sorry don't have a link.

Maybe UFO MANIA YouTube

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Why can't it be an old wheel?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I believe it´s an tool, maybe thousands of years old.
Reminds me of a part of a simple, primitive corn mill.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Looks like a serving platter or just a really big plate. Maybe from some clan leader or noble.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

Btw tungsten is a high density heavy metal. So that thing would weight like a ton.

News source:
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

About 1200 lbs per cubic foot and the highest melting point of any element. Right near 6200F.
edit on 13-8-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

Looks like a serving platter or just a really big plate. Maybe from some clan leader or noble.
Pottery wheel?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Kinetic weaponry?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

lets see giants in north central and south america
in the med
throughout the pacific
the middle east
and reportedly still in the solomon islands