It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago and the War Zone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Justoneman

You obviously do not understand the situation. Chicago's gun violence stems from two sources. First, the success of anti-gang policies has opened up new territorial disputes among the newly arising gangs. Secondly, and more importantly, there are Romeo and Juliet style vendettas multiplying. Every time a kid-- and it's almost always kids-- gets killed, a friend or relative sets out to avenge them. It is a classic vicious circle.

Excuse me I obviously DO understand. You're are correct about the vicious cycle. But not about me.

I understand what is was to be a victim of gangs when I was a child. I had to have protection that came from my friends because I was pissing the punks off by telling them NO, yea they said and whopped me. No on drugs and no on beating other smaller kids up. I was accused of having the body of a sheep with a heart of a lion, "stay down kid" i heard a few times.

I was knocked about a bit but kept it up anyway because the were WRONG and heading down a bad way of life. These thugs need a way out and so far we are just dealing with them as 'someone else's problem' and this isn't going to work in a million years of waiting. We have to be logical. Boadeicea seems to have it figured out IMO.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
How is giving free drugs to people to support and probably create a greater number of drug addicted, dependent persons an improvement.

So you are betting that what we have been doing is gonna eventually work?

I have known some of these people, they are in need of a Dr. Friends and family have fallen to opioid abuse. They need to get it somewhere besides the neighborhood drug dealers. We make it legal and we change how the drugs are obtained 1st so that there is control of location of drug use and no fentanyl (sp?) poison to deal with also. It should be treated as alcohol and weed where that is legal. No Drugging an Driving allowed. Free opioids come with a place to stay till you come down and no leaving drugged out like a loon. This epidemic is spreading IMO.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: DAVID64
If you start handing out free opioids, you better be handing out free burial plots to go with them.

Hand em out. Make every drug legal...just put a government tax stamp on every package, bottle, syringe or baggie.

Wanna kill yourself? Fine.Want to become addicted? Whatever. Want help w addiction? We'll help you. No? Great.

Just pay us the taxes to use it to fix the country...make every damn thing legal.

I'm tired of administering Narcan and 2 days later...the person o.d.'s again and dies.

Cynical EMT? Me? Damn straight...still. Call 911 and we'll get there A.S.A.P.*

*EMT's also get SHOT AT in some areas FOR responding. People should realize that..

EMT-and frustrated

May God Bless you for your kindness even in the face of all that is being thrown at you. I am sure you do it to save people and not because it is a paycheck by your tone here. Thank you and I hope you can find a way to do this job in spite of the assumptions of the public and leadership.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Fixing Chicago is asking for miracles frankly. The politicians have been corrupt for over a century taking LE down with them. Crime and drugs are rampant and to make matters worse they decided to be a sanctuary city. Black on Black crime is heavy because their gangs are being pushed into smaller areas by Hispanic gangs (the fastest growing in the US acc to the FBI). Where would one even start? Maybe the Detroit model would be best, gradual decline in population while jobs and people move away. Let nature reclaim it and come back in a century and ask "do we dare build again here"?

I like OP's suggestions, it's a start which we may as well do as nothing is working so far.
Time for something different.

It might take a miracle but we can't do it by not trying! There are Black leaders last week asking PDJT to please come in and help. That is a start, them being willing to ask someone the community is supposed to hate on when they have to play Democrat Plantation 2018 style to be able to hang out with the Snoops and Beyonce's when they come to town.

edit on 12-8-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

If you start handing out free opioids, you better be handing out free burial plots to go with them.

We have to do that right now for their victims don't we?

I am saying they have a disease they cannot control. They need to be able to get off of it but not by stealing some and having to withdraw, then steal something else and repeat the vicious cycle.

If a professional can aid them is way better than robbing granny or jackin the CVS drug store three times a month.

Sounds like a good idea, but it wont work. An addict's mind always feels it is NEVER enough. Even if we gave them a free dose or doses to keep them "off sick", they would still go out and buy from street dealers for more potent stuff, or just to get more f'd up than what the clinic would give them. The same model already exists in methadone clinics, and they havent done a thing in decreasing the epidemic we see today.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Current plan isn't right. Supporting dependent people isn't either. I've known too many and they will take free drugs over being productive in society.

Now a plan of free drugs so that they die might work to eliminate people abusing drugs.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I fail to see a downside here.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brywilson2

I fail to see a downside here.

Well dead relatives will be the issue, since a lot of us have someone we know hooked on opioids. If they keep taking them they will die a lot sooner and if they can't see that, then that is their call. They will have to get clean to leave once they decide to start the free opioid program and we can start dialing it all back even if we never fix it we need to do something other than continue to fail.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
no drug war problem solved

they will have to get regular jobs like everyone else

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If they go and arm up the police on the street corners like in Israel I believe they could move it away from Grandma's trip to the store. Or use the NG like some suggested for the Portland Antifa. It would make sense to protect innocent people caught in a war zone.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
With one drug in particular becoming more legal by the day it's going to get worse before it gets better. How do you think one becomes a heroin addict? Let me guess they just wake up one day and say hmmm I think I'll try that. Or maybe all these heroin addicts are a result of pain patients gone wild after the doctors gets them hooked on pills.

Most people that become heroin addicts start out with other drugs. I knew a lot of heroin addicts in the 90's and that was before pain pill were popular. I've watched people become heroin addicts. I'd tell you what their drug of choice was before they became heroin addicts but you probably wouldn't believe me.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
We can't get control of it unless we get them all to come to the table about it. OR we take China's approach and execute the people found with drugs within days of discovery so the 'diseased' do not infect the innocent youth. Besides in China if they get you before you get too hooked your organs are still usable. Obviously a sick society that harvest the criminals organs after using incompatible ideology differences as the reason for executions.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

We can't get control of it unless we get them all to come to the table about it. OR we take China's approach and execute the people found with drugs within days of discovery so the 'diseased' do not infect the innocent youth. Besides in China if they get you before you get too hooked your organs are still usable. Obviously a sick society that harvest the criminals organs after using incompatible ideology differences as the reason for executions.

Excellent idea! All you need to do is plant drugs on the Untermenschen and you can execute them right away. Then you can recycle their parts.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Excellent idea! All you need to do is plant drugs on the Untermenschen and you can execute them right away. Then you can recycle their parts.

I prefer we love the sinner and hate the sin instead.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
With one drug in particular becoming more legal by the day it's going to get worse before it gets better. How do you think one becomes a heroin addict? Let me guess they just wake up one day and say hmmm I think I'll try that. Or maybe all these heroin addicts are a result of pain patients gone wild after the doctors gets them hooked on pills.

Most people that become heroin addicts start out with other drugs. I knew a lot of heroin addicts in the 90's and that was before pain pill were popular. I've watched people become heroin addicts. I'd tell you what their drug of choice was before they became heroin addicts but you probably wouldn't believe me.

The gateway theory is just that; an unproven, outdated, theory.

Where cannabis is illegal, people who aren't self-sufficient have to buy their supply from the unregulated and purely profit-driven black market - this is the first point of contact with hard drugs.

When was the last time you went to the store for a litre of milk and have the clerk offer you a wrap of heroin?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

You obviously do not understand the situation. Chicago's gun violence stems from two sources. First, the success of anti-gang policies has opened up new territorial disputes among the newly arising gangs. Secondly, and more importantly, there are Romeo and Juliet style vendettas multiplying. Every time a kid-- and it's almost always kids-- gets killed, a friend or relative sets out to avenge them. It is a classic vicious circle.

Call me crazy, but I think having the strictest gun laws in the nation might have just a tad to do with it...

However, I do admire the creativity of your assessment.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Once Bayer/Monsanto finishes getting the business ready, they will be running the pot market in the US.

You know the old "it takes money to make money". Bribes to Congress.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Once Bayer/Monsanto finishes getting the business ready, they will be running the pot market in the US.

You know the old "it takes money to make money". Bribes to Congress.

I could see that happening just as you envision here.

Maybe some other company but someone with the right bribe will get a monopoly for a few years until they have swollen their bank accounts.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

That was a really nice thing to say. Wasn't necessary...but it's so much appreciated!

Thank you! Best, MS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join