It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty Laundry... Really Dirty laundry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
In one of the creepier scandals making the news, a laundry money scam turns into something a little more bizzare, ranging from human fetuses to "bribery and embezzling more than $1 million from the housing authority".

www.boston.com...
SPRINGFIELD -- It started with accusations that housing authority officials were skimming quarters from a laundry room -- and that they ended up pilfering $2,000 a month from nine housing developments' laundry facilities...
This week, the investigation into corruption in Springfield Housing Authority took a bizarre turn. Behind the Riverview housing complex, where the laundry scam allegedly began, investigators unearthed four jars containing human fetuses....
The widespread probe of the housing authority has yielded charges against 13 people, including Raymond Asselin Sr., who headed the agency for more than three decades. Meanwhile, another corruption trial is underway involving no-show jobs at a city-run job-training school. And there is a homicide investigation into the death of Stephen C. Pegram, a neighborhood liaison for Mayor Charles Ryan, who was found shot to death inside his home on Tuesday....
O'Reilly declined to discuss how the corruption case led to the investigation of the buried fetuses. The Springfield Republican, quoting anonymous sources, reported yesterday that investigators are looking at whether Arthur G. Sotirion, who oversaw maintenance at the Springfield Housing Authority, ordered a worker to bury the fetuses three years ago...
Various family members were accused of bribery and embezzling more than $1 million from the housing authority to remodel homes, fix cars, and even help fund the legislator's campaign....

Gotta love local politics.
I hope this grandoise democracy we are trying to militantly spread to the rest of the world does better than this... I mean we are the flag ship of western civilization. Hell this is just one town... Woot!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Twitchy since when do you have a problem with dead fetus?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
opppps, that's where my alien friends lost them at the last time I was on their UFO......
I'll let them know they have been found.

new topics

join