It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Positive Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I can say, I am quite tired of all the negativity in the world. And truthfully, I willingly take part in the political bickering.

But not right now.

What has happened good in the world today? A fireman saving a treed cat? A millennial helping a boomer cross the street?

For me, I would like to see us focus more on the positive, so I will start.

This morning, I watched my neighbor walk down the street at 8am. Normally, he is already drunk....but today, he was sober and on the way to his 3rd AA meeting.
edit on 7-8-2018 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

be the change you want to see. Good effort. And please, encourage your neighbor and let him know you are praying/rooting, for his success. He will need the support, and if you can make a difference in ONE life while you are here, you have done something great.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

be the change you want to see. Good effort. And please, encourage your neighbor and let him know you are praying/rooting, for his success. He will need the support, and if you can make a difference in ONE life while you are here, you have done something great.

You just lifted this starting thread even higher on a positive scale, I really liked your comment.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
This morning, I watched my neighbor walk down the street at 8am. Normally, he is already drunk....but today, he was sober and on the way to his 3rd AA meeting.

I didn't think anyone was watching.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Ummm...I totally agree...

Edit:...thanks man...

I gave out some free praise right here on ATS this morning...didn't cost me a cent...
Positive vibes flowed...and...then I had to go to work...
Gotta take the bad with the good...

YouSir
edit on 7-8-2018 by YouSir because: "life's good"...

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I watched my neighbor walk down the street at 8am. Normally, he is already drunk....but today, he was sober and on the way to his 3rd AA meeting

Quitter..

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
positive thinking really is a power of its own.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Of the 8 letters in the word positive you only got one wrong, good for yew
That's about 75% correct, a pass in any test, nearly

Nice thread

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
We have a large Christening party this weekend, and due to sciatica I've been unable to work in the garden to get it finished on time.

Knowing this, my cousin and friend came up today to help finish some pointing, and he did it in the rain. In fact, the only reason he stopped was because we currently have a hell'ova thunderstorm overhead (British Channel Islands).

There are still good folk out there, willing to do good things for others in need.

Needless to say, he'll be back for dinner and a beer later,

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yesterday my neighbors dogs got out while they were at work. We live on a busy street. Someone called animal control and they came to take the dogs away. My husband volunteered to keep the dogs at our house until the owners came home.
Great dogs too. A male pitbull mix who is a charmer and a Rottweiler mix female who was cautious but friendly enough. We just left them in our yard until the neighbor got home.
Animal control fines fifty dollars per animal they pick up. If you want to get your pet back
it will cost you.
Does that count.
I have a cat. It was fun having the dogs here for a few hours.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I live next door to a block of flats (apartments) that are for elderly people only. Today was supposed to be 35 C which is hot for the Netherlands and I watched one of the residents (the guy is at least 70!) go and knock on a neighbours door and let himself in with his own key to go check on her in the heat.

All we have is each other. Older people understand that better than younger people imho.

Either that or it was a booty call, but I doubt it.
edit on 7/8/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I rescued a kitten Sunday morning, even after it clamped down on my hand.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Yes it is.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Just because there's snow on the roof doesn't mean there's no fire in the furnace.
Don't rule out a booty call. Lol.
But he was being a caring soul none the less. Even if it was a personal heat he was seeing to.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Hey how is that baby doing?

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Where have you been all my life, theatreboy with your positivity

Sometimes we have to stop and think about what was good about the day b/c we feel so steeped in negativity. But I'm always better for it when I do, so thanks for reminding me to search for gratitude.

My 13 year old mixed lab "Meggie" has a weakened hip from an infection from a spider bite that nearly took her life when she was younger. She limps on it more and more these days. Yet she ALWAYS becomes a puppy on the way to let the chickens out- galloping, rolling in the grass, happy barks.

Maybe it is a small thing to witness on this planet, but it always warms my heart.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

It's raining in munich! First rain since two weeks or so. Thats a good thing! The world is way better place as many people wants you to know. Because you can make a lot of money with fear and hate. Nowadays there are less children suffering from hunger, there are more schools, people getting older and so on. Its not all bad.

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: wylekat

Hey how is that baby doing?

Quite well for a kitten who my wife is pretty sure hasn't seen food for a couple days. He is as up and about a 10 week old kitten can be.

Teeth are quite healthy, too *rubs hand*

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
We are homeless ( still ) from
Hurricane Irma ...contractors are rebuilding our home and while we wait we are staying with neighbors -friends . Some of Their famy came To Visit and were talking last night about how They love key lime pie . ... So I made them a key lime Pie and surprised them with it when They got Up to leave this morning . .... Just a little gift to make someone smile .

posted on Aug, 7 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Where have you been all my life, theatreboy with your positivity

Sometimes we have to stop and think about what was good about the day b/c we feel so steeped in negativity. But I'm always better for it when I do, so thanks for reminding me to search for gratitude.

My 13 year old mixed lab "Meggie" has a weakened hip from an infection from a spider bite that nearly took her life when she was younger. She limps on it more and more these days. Yet she ALWAYS becomes a puppy on the way to let the chickens out- galloping, rolling in the grass, happy barks.

Maybe it is a small thing to witness on this planet, but it always warms my heart.

They have doggie biscuits that are medical marihuana for arthritic dogs now !! It a company out of colorado . Not sure where you are , but maybe a helpful treat for your puppy ??!! I'll see if I can find the contact info and message you ... Give me a few to find it .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join