It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusting or not.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I hear a friend of mine make the stupidest statement , but could it have a ring of truth , 55 millinon dead as colateral damage because of wars since ww2 , he says it is just a conspiracy that the world goverments area excersising population control and the best way to justify euthenasia of innocents is by the justification that sometimes in war innocent people die.

Could this be true or just an off the wall comment by someone fed up with death all together

I did a little digging and this is the info on what has been registered as collateral damage deaths.

Estimates coming true 200,000 plus dead possible?

Or how about 500,000 plus

AFTHGANIES DIED BY INDIRECT BOMBING

okay so far I see a steady amount of legal euthinasia , but this doesnt count what approx 14,000 from allied bombing campaign led by USAF in France ww1
killed mostly women and children , or how about normandy ww2 over 2200 dead and Caen with over 2000 or 3.5% of their population , 270 in Counteince and valogense 200 dead or 4% of both populations lisieux 800 dead condesauer=noireau 250 and periers 107 for a total of 5% of each of the three respectively and it goes on and on and on.

look and see more ww2 totals and I havent even gotten to NAM , Korea , Panama , etc and so on , here is more on just ww2 deaths to just women and children.

WW2 women and children collateral damage

So it is legalizing population control thru war justified euthinasia, seems like when we start recovering and have great booms of births right after a war ends and new war comes along doesnt it, well I dont know but sure made me think am I next for euthenasia and will it be by a civil war or a draft to send me to another war. or what as I am not willing to fight I am collateral damage as I am a non combatant Clergy member.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
dont think so...because of 2 reasons...1) that doesnt kill enough people to have a real effect ...and 2) After large wars comes baby booms...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
dont think so...because of 2 reasons...1) that doesnt kill enough people to have a real effect ...and 2) After large wars comes baby booms...

I think Japan would have disagree for a long time with that train of thought.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
They also had nukes dropped on them though. If more wars used nukes they would have real effect on population.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
thats exactly what I was going to say...you beat me too it...
...nukes are a different story...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
They also had nukes dropped on them though. If more wars used nukes they would have real effect on population.

That is part of my point in this advancing nuke obsession of the world will this euthenasia to prevent opposition for the future become the norm , and tell you what at first before starting this thread and looking into it more I was on the side that accidents happen but now I am wondering.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
the same type of obsession was going on in the 80's with the cold war...i think you might be looking to deep into it...people with power want more power...ie...nukes...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I dont know wouldnt something simple like smoking kill more people? Not counting massive wars like the World Wars.

I mean how many people die world wide from smoking every year?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
diseases could have the same effect...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I dont know wouldnt something simple like smoking kill more people? Not counting massive wars like the World Wars.

I mean how many people die world wide from smoking every year?

total deaths since ww1 is about 87,500.000 plus war kills 33,500,000 military kills , 55,000,000 collateral damage ,genocide 140,000,000 dead now that doesnt include the newer darfur and other dead due to genocide,man made famine and other crimes of goverments etc. or the wars post 1996.

1930-1996 smoking deaths reported at 90,000,000 as per the world health organization report in 1999

[edit on 22/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Holy @#%@ 1930-1996 smoking deaths reported at 90,000,000
Cant say I thought it wasnt going to be that high.

Could be even higher since I have to question how many might have died in early days and not ben counted or those in less developed countries.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Holy @#%@ 1930-1996 smoking deaths reported at 90,000,000
Cant say I thought it wasnt going to be that high.

Could be even higher since I have to question how many might have died in early days and not ben counted or those in less developed countries.

yes but the death totals are so far apart I could give you another 100,000,000
and you still havent reached the point of euthenasia I am talking about, you see my boggle.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
When you say 33+million military deaths are you meaning 33 million troops killed?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Where was the number for euthenasia and over what time period?

You have to also consider thats only one Vice what about alchol related deaths on top of that. Then all illegal drugs added to the number.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
he's included civilians...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
diseases could have the same effect...

diseases for the same time periods totals

small pox 71,000,000

flu estimated at a little over 89,000,000 this of course is ruff as it is often coveren by pneumonia and is attributed to that cause

murders world wide a little over 8.5 m

during the entire second millenium , excluding the disasters after 1999
natural desaster deaths report by Munich Re reinsurance 15,000,000

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
When you say 33+million military deaths are you meaning 33 million troops killed?

That is what the report said that I read military and civilian military personell
the greatest losses being related to the action of WMD used.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Are your refering to civilian casualties in wars as euthanasia?

But the word means -the act or practice of killing or permitting the death of hopelessly sick or injured persons in a relatively painless way for reasons of mercy called also mercy killing

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Where was the number for euthenasia and over what time period?

You have to also consider thats only one Vice what about alchol related deaths on top of that. Then all illegal drugs added to the number.

not noted in this report the totals only mention medical mistakes as reported for the USA in 1999 by the Institute of Medicine at a min of 48,000 to a max 98,000 the max total is reported deaths and the min total are proven cases

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Are your refering to civilian casualties in wars as euthanasia?

But the word means -the act or practice of killing or permitting the death of hopelessly sick or injured persons in a relatively painless way for reasons of mercy called also mercy killing

I am refering to war colateral losses as legal euthenasia , euthenasia is also defined in at least animals as population control.

[edit on 22/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join