It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Things We Learned From The FBI’s Mostly Redacted Steele Documents

page: 1

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Spotted this article at The Federalist and looked around here on ATS to see if a relevant thread had been posted with a news story on this and found nothing. Looking for other news stories presents a dearth of articles and only a very few blog posts.

The 4 main questions raised are:

1. Was Christopher Steele an FBI Spy Against Trump?

2. Did the FBI Pay Steele for Crossfire Hurricane Spying?

3. After FBI Officially Axed Him, Steele Kept Feeding Them Info

4. The State Department Has a File on Steele?

“Admonishment,” though, does not mean reprimand, as a lay person might think. Rather, under the Attorney General Guidelines (AGG) governing the use of confidential human sources, the FBI must, “at the opening and thereafter at least annually or more often if circumstances warrant, . . .advise the CHS of all applicable instructions detailed in the manual.” The FBI calls these instructions admonishments.

The admonishment from 2016 may merely be the yearly re-upping of Steele’s already-opened CHS status.

However, it is impossible to tell which is true from the FOIA release. The DOJ not only redacted much of the content, but also withheld eight pages entirely, including the two pages immediately preceding the February admonishment. It stated that “[t]he signed CHS AGG admonishments form is attached to this EC as a 1A,” meaning the DOJ withheld that entire document for some reason.

Now 1.), 2.), & 3.) from above, I do believe, have been discussed prior here at ATS. Bruce Ohr was the work around after Steele was no longer supposed to have been in direct contact with the FBI:

But as The Weekly Standard ’s Eric Felten recently detailed, after the FBI terminated its relationship with Steele, Steele found a work-around in Bruce Ohr.

Ohr, a senior Department of Justice official, is married to Nellie Ohr. Nellie worked at Fusion GPS with Steele on the dossier. Bruce Ohr met numerous times with Steele, then “Ohr passed the details of his conversations with Steele on to the FBI.”

However, I don't believe it was known that the State Department has a file on Mr. Steele:

Source link

FBI Vault - (direct .pdf link)

So, this sure makes it look like there was a much closer relationship between Christopher Steele and the FBI/DOJ than has been portrayed in all news stories about this. Strange how these new documents released have generated so little activity in regards to news, eh?

Related ATS threads:

Code Name Crossfire Hurricane: The Secret Origins of the Trump Investigation

DOJ official - Bruce Ohr - concealed meetings with Trump dossier figures loses another job title

FIREWORKS! Rep. Jim Jordan Reveals McCabe, Strzok, Page And Ohr Family Will Be Subpoenaed

Trump Dossier Author Steele Visited State Dept in Oct '16

Q...the wives..Wife of demoted DOJ official worked for firm behind anti-Trump dossier

What says ATS?

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Kudos for a well done thread.

This is the kind of content where someone puts in the effort and pulls it all together for the rest of us that makes this site great. Thank you for taking the time.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The damage done from all the actions taken in an attempt to rig the presidential election for the "chosen candidates" is so enormous, it would most likely shake the foundation of our entire country if the real facts came out. That's my opinion obviously, but I don't know what to believe with all the propaganda coming from the MSM, career politicians, and government agencies. I feel the most likely scenario is we never hear all the dirty tactics being used by the DOJ, FBI, MSM, etc. All I can do is hope Trump and his administration clean up as much as possible in hopes to prevent the same tactics being used in the future. As much as most like to make this a partisan issue, it's really not and will eventually affect everyone if not properly addressed.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

At this point, trying to hide Steele related info is causing more harm than good to the FBI. That they still are hiding makes them look guilty.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Thank you so much! I do try to make an OP with lots of links and pertinent information upon which to have a good discussion. I've seen too many OPs which are merely a link and a line or two of commentary and am continually disappointed in the quality of some threads.

a reply to: Middleoftheroad
and
a reply to: pavil

The DOJ and FBI have been dragging feet for two years now and so it is obvious to many who it is that has something to hide.

So, since Mr. Ohr was an important conduit between Steele and the DOJ/FBI, I went looking for him in a couple of place. Interestingly enough, and as of this posting, he shows up 3 times in State Department FOIA emails:

Counselor to the Assistant Attorney General in the Department of Justice's Criminal Division Bruce Ohr briefed on LH's involvement in criminal activities, focusing on the Lebanese Canadian Bank (LCB) case, through which the USG uncovered an international criminal conspiracy in which funds were wired from Lebanon to the United States to buy used cars that were then transported to West Africa, sold, then laundered through cash couriers back to Lebanon.

C05407518

DOJ: AG HOLDER, FBI DIRECTOR MUELLER, MOLLY MORAN, OAG, DAG JAMES COLE, MATT COHEN, ODAG, AAG LANNY BURER, DAAG BRUCE SWARTZ, BRUCE OHR, OAAG, DAAG JASON WEINSTEIN, TERESA MCHENRY, MATT STIGLITZ, MOLLY WARLOW, MARY RODRIGUEZ, THOMAS BLACK
STATE: ROBERTA JACOBSON, MATT ROONEY, JOHN FEELEY, WILLIAM BURNS,HUGO RODRIGUEZ
CIA: DIRECTOR PETRAEUS
NSS: JOHN BRENNAN, RICARDO ZUNIGA, GREG SCHIFFER

C05524987

BRUCE OHR OF DOJ'S ORGANIZED CRIME UNIT DESCRIBED THE U.S. SYSTEM WHEREBY A CENTRALIZED OFFICE ASSEMBLES INFORMATION ON ORGANIZED CRIME GROUPS AND DIRECTS AND COORDINATES PROSECUTIONS BROUGHT BY STRIKE FORCES. OHR HIGHLIGHTED THE NEED FOR CLOSE COOPERATIVE RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN PROSECUTORS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS.

C17644971

(please note, all emails above are direct .pdf links)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Nothing to see here, move along sheep

top topics

join