It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ official - Bruce Ohr - concealed meetings with Trump dossier figures loses another job title

page: 1

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Title edited to include Ohr's name and reduced to fit into headline

DOJ official who concealed meetings with Trump dossier figures loses another job title

A Justice Department official demoted late last year for concealing his meetings with the men behind the anti-Trump “dossier” has been stripped of yet another title, Fox News has learned.

Bruce Ohr is no longer head of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force.

Separately, sources familiar with the discussions tell Fox News that the Justice Department is expected to comply with demands from the House Intelligence Committee to provide Ohr for an interview. He is scheduled to visit the committee on Jan. 17, sources said.

Click link for article.

So Ohr was demoted from the position of associate deputy attorney general, after it was revealed he had conducted undisclosed meetings with dossier author Christopher Steele and Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS, the opposition research firm that produced the salacious document.

Turns out he has now lost his title of being in charge of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force. In another mess created by the Obama admin Ohr was apparently involved in the not prosecuting Hezbollah mess.

Fox News has also confirmed that Bruce Ohr, as the head of OCDETF, was directly involved with Project Cassandra, the interagency investigation spearheaded by the DEA that tracked a massive international drug and money laundering scheme allegedly run by Hezbollah.

Sessions is now personally involved in some of these investigations and is briefed regularly.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

When does Obama get his investigation? I know it's too late for "Impeach Obama" but can't he be prosecuted; history will destroy his "presidency" but where does his lack of responsibility get prosecuted? (And yes, I saw the proposal for his "library"-hahahha!)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Why are we (taxpayers) still paying OHR to work in our government? He should be fired.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

What would you prosecute him for exactly?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua

Obstruction of justice, illegal search an seizure, contempt of court... to start.

Granted those may be stretches but he should at least be fired and loose all his government benefits....

edit on 8-1-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
perfect timing for the goals trump touched on yesterday for combating drugs entering this country (opium amongst other drugs).
get aaaaall the old worms out and consider camp David over the weekend "new day: 1".

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Just the things he is guilty off
That should het him life

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

An investifation without Ohr into the crimes that are alleged.

If someone is innocent they should not go to prison, no. But it looks like the fix was in from several folks, undermining 2 executive branch departments in the process. There is some implication for Obama. Perhaps we start with him leaking unmasked information obtained from a FISA warrant obtained with fraudulent documents?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

When does Obama get his investigation? I know it's too late for "Impeach Obama" but can't he be prosecuted; history will destroy his "presidency" but where does his lack of responsibility get prosecuted? (And yes, I saw the proposal for his "library"-hahahha!)

I read that Sessions is working behind the scenes on Obama administration investigation regarding spying on the Trump team. The Mueller Russia garbage is a distraction for all that supposedly. Dan Bongino was talking about it in his podcast. Said the head of the NSA met with Trump on Nov 17th of 2016 and spilled the beans on the Obama administration.
edit on 8-1-2018 by Tekaran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Just, I believe a President can still be impeached after they leave office. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe it is the case. If I'm not mistaken, other officials can also be impeached retroactively

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Harpua

Treason. Sedition. Insurrection. Espionage. Civil rights violations. Obstruction of justice. Conspiracy to commit treason. Conspiracy to commit sedition. Conspiracy Ad nauseum.

But only after declaring all deep state actors "unlawful enemy combatants" and waiving their rights. As several high profile Obama-era cyber prosecutions showed us, it is perfectly acceptable to list nameless members of a conspiracy on affidavits/warrants/other court docs. In the case of counter-treason anti-DS operations, it would be a military matter and handled through those channels (much like WOT was handled). There is no law enforcement/intelligence agency in this country capable of handling the deep state, because the deep state has infested all of those institutions.

The above three charges wouldn't technically be required for the tribunal's purposes. Anything with a life in a black-site/death sentence would suit me.

This deep state BS is the crux of treason, even if it doesn't directly meet the legal definition. Definitions are fluid for the purpose of a military tribunal against unlawful enemy combatants.

Nothing is above or beyond our national interest/national security. The deep state is a clear and present danger, one the President is authorized to unilaterally degrade/decapitate/destroy.

I bet "certain people" wish they wouldn't have normalized the mis-use of the term Treason now. Satire above. Slippery slope though, that treason-equivocation.
edit on 1/9/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Just, I believe a President can still be impeached after they leave office. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe it is the case. If I'm not mistaken, other officials can also be impeached retroactively

You would be correct. Actually any federal position subject to impeachment can be impeached after they leave the federal government. I know there was discussion last year about impeaching Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State over the email and security breaches.

It is the only thing that would prevent a person from ever holding the Presidency and the only action that cannot be pardoned.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Ah, thank you for clarifying XC

I remembered reading something along those lines, but figured someone with a bit more knowledge on the subject would come by and clarify. I'm sure a lot of this would be symbolic at this point, but I do believe Hillary Clinton still has a security clearance as a former secretary of state. I know President Obama still holds one as well

If the allegations against them continue to be substantiated, I think administrative revocation of that clearance at a minimum would be appropriate. Of course if there is evidence of malfeasance (which there is at least some damning evidence against Hillary, IMO) then impeachment is appropriate, as well as criminal charges for actual violations of the law

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Said the head of the NSA met with Trump on Nov 17th of 2016 and spilled the beans on the Obama administration.

www.npr.org...

And a lot of people have been paying Donald Trump a visit at Trump Tower in New York City, mostly people being considered for jobs in the new administration. But one meeting stands out. Navy Admiral Mike Rogers sat down with Trump. He is head of the National Security Agency. He's in the military chain of command. And it appears he never told the current commander in chief he was doing this.

Would he be required to tell his old boss he was meeting with his new boss?
www.latimes.com...

Carter and Clapper believe there should no longer be one person in charge of both Cyber Command and NSA, a stance that has complicated the White House process of naming a Rogers successor, officials said.

Well now it was ok for the big O's 8 years but, just as the election is turning it is an issue?
Ha they knew they were in trouble then.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Perhaps it's time for President Trump, and his administration to fire people like Ohr who are obviously colluding with former administration officials, and even those who are not officials anymore but still have a lot of power because they implanted a lot of their "sleeper cells" within every branch of the U.S. government and it's institutions.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Harpua
treason he gave finacial and military aid to alqeda you know the group that attacked on 9/11 he backed them in their attempted take over of syria.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I agree however the issue we run into is "institutional memory". During administration transitions foreign policy goals change. While its not really publicized Former department heads, like SoS's, will call and get counsel from their previous Secretaries of State. I know Clinton spoke with Condoleezza Rice and Madeleine Albright over her tenure as SoS.

Without maintaining their security clearance they cant legally do it.

With that said anyone violating national security laws that results in compromised security or the death of US citizens / officials etc should be stripped and charged.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Perhaps it's time for President Trump, and his administration to fire people like Ohr who are obviously colluding with former administration officials, and even those who are not officials anymore but still have a lot of power because they implanted a lot of their "sleeper cells" within every branch of the U.S. government and it's institutions.

Transfer then to a limited position. That way you can keep investigating them under department policies instead of having to obtain warrants for the same material if they leave.

new topics

top topics

join