It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little do they know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Education is mostly conditioning
Conditioning to impede one seeing what is really happening
When one is unable to see clearly
one easily falls into traps.
These traps can bind one to live
a life in a way that one does not truly wish.
There are most certainly, people out there.
Who are trained and educated
to capture and entrap the younger generation.
They derive pleasure from entrapping others.
Little do they know,
That they themselves were captured.
If one truly wishes to free themselves
of these bonds.
One must train to see and know.
without aid.
For to need aid, is to be unable
to see and know.
The enemy of knowing
is everywhere looking for
someone to stick it to.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

edit on 29-7-2018 by s0nof0d1n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Amidst the Fog a Lamp is perceived...

a reply to: ancientthunder

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretsoftheBlueApples
Amidst the Fog a Lamp is perceived...

Ummm...amidst the perception...ideas align...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Ummm...such conditioned education is only accepted by a mind that refuses to find balance...each utterance has it's opposing viewpoint...

The only thing that can bind one to a belief or ideology or lifestyle...is the one being bound by such...

The individual has within...both the lock to keep one chained...and the key that unlocks...

This seeing is not accomplished without aid...it's path was laid by countless sojourners that progressed before...
Now obviously each experiences a route according to ones decisions and perception and devolopes a unique perspective...

When you say knowing...obviously you you speak of Gnosis...enlightenment is found individually...yet...was leveraged on the backs of those who had come that way before...

Truly...if one see's the Buddha...one must slay the Buddha...and become void of attachment...

Beyond...thinking not thinking...

YouSir
edit on 29-7-2018 by YouSir because: I choose to...

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
“If you do what you are told to do in school, everything will work out well for you.”

If you buy into that you may stop taking responsibility for your own education.
If your life doesn’t work out so well, lets take the attitude of a victim.....

“My school (or parents or society) failed me, and that’s why my life is all screwed up.”

If one truly wishes to free themselves of these bonds.
One must train to see and know.
without aid.
For to need aid, is to be unable
to see and know

Personal responsibility and self-direction.
edit on 29-7-2018 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
"A Cup of Tea

Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor’s cup full, and then kept on pouring.

The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. “It is overfull. No more will go in!”

“Like this cup,” Nan-in said, “you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?”"

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
"A Cup of Tea

Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor’s cup full, and then kept on pouring.

The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. “It is overfull. No more will go in!”

“Like this cup,” Nan-in said, “you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?”"

Ummm...precisely...beyond...thinking not thinking...

When you find that void...that place where thinking no longer thinks...then you find the all...and everything is laid bare...

Enlightenment is fleeting...it fades as one stops to ponder it's significance...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Exactly, we first need to start by making space to learn and grow, that may demand the emptying of what is already in there that may be holding us back.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Exactly, we first need to start by making space to learn and grow, that may demand the emptying of what is already in there that may be holding us back.

Ummm...precisely...I wrote a poem about that some time ago..."Conceptualizing the void"

Everything is relegated to a form of trivial pursuit...it is good though to honor all the steps and the hard work of others that have helped you along your path...without them I may never have found discovery...or discovered what I have found...

I may be an irreverent ass on the boards...but that doesn't mean I haven't stopped on occasion to...not ponder...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...precisely...I wrote a poem about that some time ago..."Conceptualizing the void"

Everything is relegated to a form of trivial pursuit...it is good though to honor all the steps and the hard work of others that have helped you along your path...without them I may never have found discovery...or discovered what I have found...

I may be an irreverent ass on the boards...but that doesn't mean I haven't stopped on occasion to...not ponder...

YouSir

You and I seem to be at the same junction point on pondering and conceptualizing beyond what demands our full attention, now.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Or another way to say the same is to find the space that has always been. Once there everything dissolves.a reply to: InTheLight

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
Or another way to say the same is to find the space that has always been. Once there everything dissolves.a reply to: InTheLight

When you say 'everything' do you mean everything? I am just starting to learn and experience and I don't want everything to dissolve once I get there.

edit on 17CDT12America/Chicago053121231 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It's like your cup of tea, the tea dissolves into the hot water. Everything dissolves yet it is all there. Everything is always around. This is what I meant, but at times I can be vague.a reply to: InTheLight

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
It's like your cup of tea, the tea dissolves into the hot water. Everything dissolves yet it is all there. Everything is always around. This is what I meant, but at times I can be vague.a reply to: InTheLight

Yes, that is what I thought it to be while seeking, but maybe I am looking in all the wrong places.

Why should I seek? I am the same as He. His essence speaks through me. I have been looking for myself! Rumi[47]

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Well since you seem to have put Mr Wednesday in this (assuming the picture is no Lvgvs, who can be mistaken as Odin)...

If you want to pursue esoteric knowledge his way, you have to sacrifice, yourself, to yourself. Hang in a tree for 9 days etc.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
If you want to pursue esoteric knowledge his way, you have to sacrifice, yourself, to yourself. Hang in a tree for 9 days etc.
a reply to: Noinden
Well, that may have been his way, so we have been told. We all end up going on some kind of a trip, the important part is when you are spat out of the whale's belly. After that, you are on your own again. This I would call an alternative education.
As for Lu, well its hard to know who he was once the Romans put there stamp over him. Even still, I have passed through the fields and felt the Celtic rocks still emitting. The long-lasting love I call it.

edit on 30-7-2018 by ancientthunder because: missing point

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Dost thou even know how many Pancakes it takes to Shingle Thy Doghouse? None'est've'nt, because thou moto'sickle, don't haveth any Doors, whence the other reason , is truly and duly causeth yoo canst sell Iceth Creameth frometh a Sailing Schooner, whicheth doesn't have the any wheels! Harumph, Harumpth, too'est thy Nth degree...

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretsoftheBlueApples
Dost thou even know how many Pancakes it takes to Shingle Thy Doghouse? None'est've'nt, because thou moto'sickle, don't haveth any Doors, whence the other reason , is truly and duly causeth yoo canst sell Iceth Creameth frometh a Sailing Schooner, whicheth doesn't have the any wheels! Harumph, Harumpth, too'est thy Nth degree...

Trivial pursuit.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

No its pretty clear what Odin did. Its also Lvgvs (Lugus) not Lug. They are different deities. Its pretty clear who each of them are. One is an older man, anotehr is indeed a whipper snapper who is a master of every skill.

I don't disagree about "you are on your own". But as someone who (a) holds higher degrees (Masters and PhD) and also (b) Is well versed in the occult. There are many paths, and they all do not lead to the same place
People who think all roads lead to the same place, are in for a shock.

top topics

join