It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesian baby born with two faces

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
this is wild

kind of an edward mordrake situation

www.huffingtonpost.com...

A baby born with two faces may need to have one of them removed in order to survive. Gilang Andika was born in Batam, Indonesia, in early May. He has one body, two arms, two legs and one head. His skull, however, has two independently moving faces and two brains, according to “Inside Edition.”

Gilang cannot breastfeed, and has to receive food through a tube. He also has hydrocephalus, a condition in which fluid starts building up in the brain, causing long-term brain damage, according to the website.

its a bummer. crazy # like this can happen to humans.
the kids head looks like a flounder or something.

parents are broke and the article reads like the baby needs surgery but it would be expensive. would be makes me think its not happening.

these are the things that cause me to question the whole deal with God.
like what gives with a 2 faced kid? even with surgery whatever life that kid has is going to be terrible.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Back in the day a kindly doctor would quietly kill the kid and sadly announce that the kid was "stillborn" and save everybody from living lives of misery.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
dang

edit on 27-7-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Back in the day a kindly doctor would quietly kill the kid and sadly announce that the kid was "stillborn" and save everybody from living lives of misery.

i dont know if youre being serious but i am when i say that would be the way to go

babies wrong with horrible # wrong with them. operation after operation. living their long life of a few years in a plastic room in a hospital or some #.

some would say that is torture. who is right though you know?

try anything and everything to try to get the kid as many days/months as possible?
or just end it before it starts?

what is right?
is it torture(of sorts) to force life in these situations?

is it compassionate to end it?

makes you think

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

these are the things that cause me to question the whole deal with God. like what gives with a 2 faced kid? even with surgery whatever life that kid has is going to be terrible.

How can you be so sure God gave him two faces ? Yes, He allowed it to happen, for whatever gene that caused the mutation ... but God sees souls and their condition more than he sees physical beauty. Many souls live very humble lives do to their physical appearance and have great compassion and love for others because of it. Perhaps they are blessed to see what is really important in life, and they are not fooled by what others endlessly chase for happiness.

Just a thought TST.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

what i am sure of is there is no god because if there was this kind of # wouldnt happen.
all loving?
i think not

this is one of the many many things that show me that there is no all loving god.

we all see different things though.

edit on 27-7-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

like what gives with a 2 faced kid? even with surgery whatever life that kid has is going to be terrible.

Why is it Gods fault
There could be many reasons why the child was born with anomalies

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Why is it Gods fault
There could be many reasons why the child was born with anomalies

Why does god get the credit when miracles happen?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Yes .. we all see things differently at times, though I must confess I have had questions , too.

I respect your right to see things differently, as I hope you respect my right to view things as I do.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1
if he does not exist, why does he get blame when # goes wrong?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I will address your question when you address mine

And honestly, do you give God credit when miracles happen, I doubt it

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It's funny how a mother bonds in love with her child and we talk of it nearly as a thing
Many babies don't get any chance for one reason or another

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

these are the things that cause me to question the whole deal with God. like what gives with a 2 faced kid? even with surgery whatever life that kid has is going to be terrible.

How can you be so sure God gave him two faces ? Yes, He allowed it to happen, for whatever gene that caused the mutation ... but God sees souls and their condition more than he sees physical beauty. Many souls live very humble lives do to their physical appearance and have great compassion and love for others because of it. Perhaps they are blessed to see what is really important in life, and they are not fooled by what others endlessly chase for happiness.

Just a thought TST.

Perhaps you can explain how a child who cannot eat in the present literal two-faced condition they're in is supposed to live a humble effing life when they cannot take in the required sustenance necessary for living in the first place.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
The baby was never supposed to live, it is the will of mortals that keeps the baby from seeing mercy. Sometimes though you can end up living a normal life after surgery when having a second face removed. Remember that guy from rural China in the early 2000's who had his dead siblings still functioning face finally removed after he had already reached adulthood with another face hanging out of his head? I barely do, so lets take a trip down memory lane.

Chang Tzu Ping, AKA Two-Faced Chang, was born with two faces. His second face, on the right side of his head, consisted of a mouth and teeth. The rest of the mouth and throat were not fully developed. The second face also had traces of scalp, eyes, nose, and ears. When Chang would open his mouth on his first head, the second mouth would also open. When he was in his 40s, doctors took him to have surgery to remove the second face. After surgery he returned to his native village in China and lived there the rest of his life.

So theoretically, it is possible for this new baby to live a very nice life after surgery.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Still happens.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Sheye

what i am sure of is there is no god because if there was this kind of # wouldnt happen.
all loving?
i think not

this is one of the many many things that show me that there is no all loving god.

Really?

7.5 billion relatively normal people and very few with deformities?

And, what about the possibility that the deformity may also give us some advantage that we haven't thought of yet?

Should we have euthanized Stephen Hawking once we realized his illness was incurable?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

yes really

it is my opinion that if an all knowing all loving creator did exist things like innocent babies suffering wouldnt happen.

and i dont think hawkings ALS was any kind of advantage. plus it didnt present until he was in his 20's.
euthanize? no

but he and others with ALS are great examples of people that should be able to choose to end their life with a little dignity.

its great if you disagree.
its just how i see it
edit on 28-7-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   

yes really

it is my opinion that if an all knowing all loving creator did exist things like innocent babies suffering wouldnt happen.

and i dont think hawkings ALS was any kind of advantage.

its great if you disagree.
its just how i see it

Hawking's ALS wasn't the advantage, but if we'd only seen the disease and not the person, his contributions to theoretical physics could have been prevented by those who assume he wouldn't have sufficient quality of life. The fact is that despite his ALS, he was productive and lived quite a long and fairly happy life.

A analogous situation is outlined by Iceland, which promoted its governmental medical policies by advertising how it has reduced the incidence of Downs Syndrome births in its population. This was only achieved by aborting children who were detected as carrying the mutation (which still occurs largely at random in about 1/1000 people).

That is just horrific!

I have personally known many happy people with Down's Syndrome and the intellectual disability affecting them is usually mild, and, as the example of Karen Gaffney - Wikipedia shows, they can be high achievers. To prejudiciously kill them demonstrates the very worst qualities of eugenics.

The truth is, we don't have a clue how these people's lives will turn out. They are human beings and we should treat them with a degree of dignity, despite our unproven assumptions about the impact of their disability.

edit on 28/7/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
What a $@&"? up world.
Should stop breeding and end the, probably pointless suffering.
Millions upon millions of people's lives suck.

Bit of a downer but unfortunately true

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I think the little baby girl should at least have the opportunity for surgery, she could very well live an enjoyable life afterwards. The chinese guy live a simple and yet very happy productive life which him and his family were satisfied with. They are clearly very close and love each other very much.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join