It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexual harassment and maybe could use advice

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

I think it is fairly sexual harrassment any time a threat of retaliation is involved.. and obviously your PO is a threat.

Report his @$$..

If he screws with you after that document it and get a lawyer.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Eh it doesn't sound that bad. Just close your eyes and think of England.

Honestly, I go to get haircuts just because it feels good having someone run their fingers through my hair and I tip well.

I wonder if there's a bar where TSA agents hang out. I'd like to meet one

Do you also go to a mechanic for a prostate exam? Difference here is you want that interaction. He doesn't.

Seriously, all these flippant rubbish replies are disheartening.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

You have more control of the situation over the phone, first off. You are in your own environment.

As far as getting the guy in trouble, that is why you say "YOU feel like it is sexual."

That way they can address the issue without it being potentially "sexual" for him... he may just be a lot more comfortable with physical contact than you are. It takes the "the guy is a creep" aspect out of it, and HR can just tell him that it is inappropriate without really coming down on him.

So win win... unless of course this is his 6th complaint of the same thing, in which case he probably needs to go.

Although if I was being examined for something and the doctor started rubbing the small of my back, the next medical term he would have to deal with would be "ruptured testicle."

I roll differently than you and that's just fine.

edit on 24-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

One of the first times I agree with you. Like I said though, I don't wanna cause any waves. People do change, though this ass is like late sixties maybe early seventies. Either way, I appreciate your reply. Thank you, sir.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Well, if I reacted physically, I'd be in prison 5 years minimum. So there's that over my head. But I do appreciate the advice.

Dude seems like a nice guy... But I have been told I have too much empathy for criminals in the past, whether it be abusers or neglectors, or whatever.

a reply to: SummerRain

I bow to you.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: Lumenari

Well, if I reacted physically, I'd be in prison 5 years minimum. So there's that over my head. But I do appreciate the advice.

Dude seems like a nice guy... But I have been told I have too much empathy for criminals in the past, whether it be abusers or neglectors, or whatever.

I bow to you.

I know.

Wasn't saying that a physical response would be the manly thing to do or anything... but I have found in my life that a judge will generally find for the 120 pound woman over the 180 pound guy when it comes to assault charges.

I have more options than you do.

But I digress.

Just call HR... it's your best bet.

An opinion, as always.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Pretty sure the only one who can legally watch you pee is a po.

I'd chop him in the throat without hesitation. That guy is a sex offender and is doing it to others too.

He probably wouldn't even tell on you, he knows what he is doing is wrong.

Gross

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Not even joking, I only have my fiance cut my hair anymore because I don't like flirty barbers. I hate to say it, but sometimes I jump when my fiance touches me... I don't mean to, and I hate myself when it happens.

Well if it's that serious then stand your ground. Be assertive.

If that doesn't work then get the sharksuits to step in.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I'm on a program in a different county. Everything I do for the program is through private businesses. Unfortunately, this is the only private business I can drug test in that fulfills the requirements set out by my officer... This whole thing is an unwarranted mess..

What do I do? Deny the next test because the wrong guy is there? Point him out?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Wow. Are you really that insensitive?

Dick post.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Eh it doesn't sound that bad. Just close your eyes and think of England.

Honestly, I go to get haircuts just because it feels good having someone run their fingers through my hair and I tip well.

I wonder if there's a bar where TSA agents hang out. I'd like to meet one

Do you also go to a mechanic for a prostate exam? Difference here is you want that interaction. He doesn't.

Seriously, all these flippant rubbish replies are disheartening.

OP is being overreactionary.

Did you see the comment that he flips out even when his partner touches him?

This is a different issue altogether and is not sexual harassment.

PC world needs to grow thicker skin jeezuz

edit on 24-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

OP asked for advice.

There are less inflammatory and more meaningful ways to provide it than some of what I've seen in here.

#walkaway shouldn't just be a democratic thing, imo. Some of you on the right need help playing well with others.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

#walkaway shouldn't just be a democratic thing, imo. Some of you on the right need help playing well with others.

Wrong thread, chief. This isn't a political mud pit.

Anyways OP also set the tone of this thread to 'light-hearted' so that's how I have presented my posts.

The fact that he jumps out of his skin when fiance touches him tells me there is a deeper issue here and he's paranoid about being touched wherever he goes; that doesn't mean he's being sexually harassed or violated, sheesh!

Still want to pick a political argument?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The OP poses a dilemma that I'm not inclined to advise on, difficult as it is; however some of the responses given disgust me as to how low ATS has devolved.

To readers

If you can't give the OP the empathy & advice why bother responding?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

You have to report that guy. His behavior is intolerable. If he's willing to do this with you, how far will he be willing to go with a more vulnerable person? I've seen probation officers get re-assigned or worse for a lot less.

On the lighter side when I was still in higher education I worked part time at a bookstore. I was much younger and more physically fit back then. The manager was an Australian woman in her late 30's and who had lived some tough years by the looks of it. She used to slap me in the ass every week or so. I felt kinda sorry for her and it didn't bother my first wife at all.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Dude is a rape victim. He's not concerned about 'words' like the SJW world.

Pointing out he jumps when anyone touches him is a symptom of his trauma, not an indication he's a snow flake and should grow a pair.

Pretty convinced if OP was a woman, the responses here would be very different.

In any event, OP should seek help with HR... and perhaps someone to address his trauma.

Telling an actual rape victim to grow thicker skin is profoundly insensitive and stupid in my opinion, not to mention not very helpful.

If you couldn't bring yourself to generate a minimum amount of empathy for the OP, you could have just avoided replying altogether. But it looks like you tripped all over yourself to put this rape victim down. Bravo. You must be proud of yourself.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Telling an actual rape victim to grow thicker skin is profoundly insensitive and stupid in my opinion, not to mention not very helpful.

I wasn't even referring to OP when I posted that

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

???

Pretty sure those words are in English.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

???

Pretty sure those words are in English.

Too bad you can't interpret them properly. If you'll notice what post that was a response to you might get a clue.

I was referring to posters like you that have to cry because not every response matches what you think people should be responding like.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Hm. Maybe you should reflect upon whether that's true about you.

Given my posting history on these boards, if you think I fit the example of someone who cries anytime someone disagrees with me, then I know the problem is more yours than mine.

Give yourself a cookie.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join