It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video 13 dead in Branson Duck boat capsizing.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
How heartbreaking! Those poor people and their families, my heart goes out to them.

edit on 20-7-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: carewemust
17 Deceased now.

www.foxnews.com...

Tragic. Avoidable.

Last 4 bodies they recovered were a father and his 3 kids.. Tragic..
I have a daughter, a lil tot, this breaks my heart.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

17 Deceased now.

www.foxnews.com...

Tragic. Avoidable.

Heartbreaking, but by god if mine went I would want to go with them. I dont know if i could bare surviving when they didnt.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If I recall correctly from reading the comment sections in news articles, severe weather warnings were coming and going all day around there, so if that's true? it should never have departed in the first place. Even crazy-ass Floridians know when to stay docked.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

17 Deceased now.

www.foxnews.com...

Tragic. Avoidable.

Heartbreaking, but by god if mine went I would want to go with them. I dont know if i could bare surviving when they didnt.
Same.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I live not far from there. Beautiful day. 10 minutes later, the tornado sirens were going off. We all have radar on our phones. I knew a storm was coming but a guy driving the boat during a busy day may have had no idea. Sad day.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
If I recall correctly from reading the comment sections in news articles, severe weather warnings were coming and going all day around there, so if that's true? it should never have departed in the first place. Even crazy-ass Floridians know when to stay docked.
Ye, but Florida...

I once stayed in Miami for the Hooters Pageant show, open bar 😉, and on my way there, on foot, I was blasted by a fierce gust of wind, shoved me back a couple feet, WOW.

This was a clear night too.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Getting caught out on a good sized lake during a powerful storm is scary as @%!!.

We got caught in a decent sized sail boat and our bow was going under every other wave.

Very sad.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I've never done the dang tour but Ride the Ducks has been around forever and I've never heard of any kind of accident before. I can't help asking--don't they make people wear life jackets? I'm not seeing that in the news reports.

I live not too far from Branson too and the storm really did come out of nowhere. I'm just stunned...nine people out of a family of eleven. And over half the passengers. That's unbelievably horrible. I'm with the posters who say if their kids died they'd want to go at the same time. So unbearably sad.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Eh, the storms were highly spotty. There were a few big complexes and everything else was clear as a bell. Generally, a severe thunderstorm watch means to keep your eye on the sky, not to stop everything. And usually, a severe thunderstorm warning is issued with plenty of time to get to a safe space. Those boats were headed in and would have gotten there with a normal severe storm cycle.

These were just freakish, and I've lived out in this area all my life.
edit on 20-7-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

Latest news, the captain told the passengers to not bother putting on their life jackets. Yikes!

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Unfortunately the canvas top on the boat probably served to trap people and make it harder to escape once it capsized ...it's a very sad situation.

posted on Jul, 20 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carpooler
a reply to: riiver

Latest news, the captain told the passengers to not bother putting on their life jackets. Yikes!

Yeah, I'm not excusing the way things were handled once they were in trouble, but I am saying that they could have easily gotten caught in a freak situation with no warning the way the weather was working yesterday.

People want to say they shouldn't have been out there to begin with, but I'm saying they could have gotten stuck in a suddenly freak severe situation while reacting appropriately to conditions they knew about that changed in the blink of an eye.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

17 Deceased now.

www.foxnews.com...

Tragic. Avoidable.

A couple of years ago my partner took our three kids to the UK for a week, I tracked their aircraft all the way there and back, each trip I tracked must have been some of the longest 50 minute stints of my life.

If that plane went down in the English Channel, I don't think I would have made it to the evening.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join