It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Believe>>?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I any currently studying the "super natural" mental abilities, and skills of the human mind, and i've come to many conclusions, but my conclusions and ideas alone are not enough for me.
I'de to hear every one else ideas and thoughts on this topic..

Do you believe that any one in capable of these abilities??
If Yes -->
How do you think these abilities are achieved??

And What elements and aspects do you think are required to achieve such a level or state??

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yes..
LAYMENS
it becomes possible through utilizing more of your brain, the way we do this is... Faith, and belief systems, as well as meditation which creates different pathways in the brain (like some drugs used by Shamans) they (the pathways) allow your brain to look at different scenarios from different parts of your brain therefore giving you a different perception..

thats how we utilize more of our brain... Through practice and meditation you can curve your perceptions thus changing your belief... which is the beginning steps to utilizing "mental abilities"...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yes, anyone has the capablitly. They are perfectly natural. Different 'kinds' of abilities, and to different degrees, but everyone has the capability.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psypress_Dragon
I any currently studying the "super natural" mental abilities, and skills of the human mind, and i've come to many conclusions, but my conclusions and ideas alone are not enough for me.
I'de to hear every one else ideas and thoughts on this topic..

If Yes -->
How do you think these abilities are achieved??

And What elements and aspects do you think are required to achieve such a level or state??

In answer to your question, Yes I do believe in the abilities of the human mind being greater than usually understood. I do not think that thee abilities are achieved as such, more ignored and then realizd or they may impose themselves in such a way as to be unavoidable.

Achieving a more frquent and useful facilitation of these abilities is a preoccupation which you should find no shortage of opinions on in books, websites and such but at the end of the day it is just what works for you.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Its great to see others that believe such things, and that can open there mind to other "realaties".
Which brings me to my next subject.., what is realality?
What i've come to believe is that realality is just a specific level of mental capabilities, but it is not a determend level, the level of mental capability is determend according to general restrictions of the human mind. What I mean is that "realality" is what the world "believes" it is.
A child raised according to general society, is taught that a human being is limited mentally, physically, and spiritually. We are always told that we "can't".. Why?, because thats the way its been for thousands of years.

What i'm trying to say is that I believe the main reason we(the world, society), have not evolved mentally, is because we limit our selves. We teach our children from a young age that we are mentally limited to "reality", which are the basic mental processes to live, voluntary/invluntary body movement, heart beat, breathing, emotional response, problem solving, learning, speech production, ect. The simplest of mental processes, all that is reguired to live.. But people like my self, and many of you that read this, know different, we know that there is more.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
Yes, anyone has the capablitly. They are perfectly natural. Different 'kinds' of abilities, and to different degrees, but everyone has the capability.

Highly agreed, every one has to capability to achieve several mental abilities, but each person has there strength's and weaknesses. Its like our normal abilities, such as math, reading, language, music, ect, every one has a skill, some but then others, but every one does have a skill, same goes for mental abilities.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yes I believe in psionic abilities, why do I, well its pretty hard to ignore something you can do.
As for the reality exists because we percieve it and the whole matrix thing, I dont believe in it.

[edit on 2/21/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I do believe that these supernatural mental capabilities exist.

I'm in spiritual contact with my business partner, actually he needs it because he would like to be ready for our final achievement. He struggles to know more, but I am doing my best.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Yes I believe in psionic abilities, why do I, well its pretty hard to ignore something you can do.
As for the reality exists because we percieve it and the whole matrix thing, I dont believe in.

As far as "the matrix" things goes, i believe that such things are capable, but no one is nearly strong enough to touch such a level.
Never, ever doubt the human minds capabilty.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Its like our normal abilities, such as math, reading, language, music, ect, every one has a skill, some but then others, but every one does have a skill, same goes for mental abilities.

So what abilities are exactly want to hear? I can leap into your mind, I can read your emotions.

I know who you are, where you are located and what beautiful company you are working for. You should be proud of yourself.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
You again.

Are you going to weird outevery thread on this site?

If so can I join you?
You have to be the biggest tripper on the net and I am definitely considering catching the next plane to Budapest.

[edit on 21/2/2005 by JamesBlonde]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm sure you will... Don't forget to bring your laptop with you!!

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
I'm sure you will... Don't forget to bring your laptop with you!!

Thats good. If you can tell me what brand it is I will be really impressed.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
Thats good. If you can tell me what brand it is I will be really impressed.

How curious are YOU!!! You are impressed, anyway. Oh, yeah... I will need to borrow $300 from you for an hour to open a bank account for myself. You'll get it back right away.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu

So what abilities are exactly want to hear? I can leap into your mind, I can read your emotions.

I know who you are, where you are located and what beautiful company you are working for. You should be proud of yourself.

Please explain..
Or are you just a simple troubler?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Reality can be defined as what you perceive as possible.
Well that's the closest definition that I can find.
The better question would be "are you free?"

new topics

top topics

join