It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Bill Browder. Here's the Biggest Mistake Putin Made...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I'm Bill Browder. Here's the Biggest Mistake Putin Made When Trying to Get Access to Me Through Trump:

This is TIME the full article can be seen in the link.

I know a lot of people will dismiss TIME but this man seems to check out, followed all the links, some lead to other TIME articles, but further I dug they eventually lead to real sources. Either way. I cannot comment on it, I need to digest it. But I feel it needs to be shared, and taken as is, at this very moment. Especially NOW.

I’m lodged so firmly under Putin’s skin because I’m the person responsible for getting the Magnitsky Act passed in the United States in 2012. This is a law that allows the U.S. government to freeze assets and ban visas of human-rights violators around the world. Some of these human-rights violators had killed Sergei Magnitsky, my Russian lawyer who was murdered in a Moscow jail for uncovering a massive $230 million government-corruption scheme that we’ve since traced to known Putin cronies. In essence, Putin received some of the proceeds of this crime, and he is terrified that the Magnitsky Act could be applied to his offshore fortune, which is probably one of the largest amassed in modern times.

There's more to the over all story than we all know, and we must keep digging deeper, for ALL of us.
edit on 17-7-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

But that would mean that Trump has leverage over Putin? I am getting confused. Which way is it?

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
“The biggest mistake that Putin made in his offer today to effectively swap me for the 12 Russian agents is that he went to the wrong head of state. Although I was born in America, I emigrated to the United Kingdom 29 years ago and am a British citizen.”

The biggest mistake is that Browder is not in the US / a US citizen?

If Putin is wrong about the $400,000,000, wouldn’t that be the biggest mistake?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

It's unfortunate that Putin's bathed in the aura of Trump. Some people cannot bear to hear criticism without thinking it's a slur on Trump and must be defended. This is how so-called patriots can berate their own countries whilst arguing Russia is better. "America is a swamp run by the deep state, but Russia is led by an honest man who is a victim of the West." Patriotic, eh?

What they don't know is how the Cold War ended with all the nationalised wealth of the Soviet Union being parcelled off to Russian individuals and groups. They called 'dibs' on the oil wealth and essentially stole it from the nation. Much of it has been documented and many journalists have been tortured or killed for publishing stories in Russia about it. The oligarchs were created even before Hillary or Donald were presidential hopefuls. The Magnitsky Act came about after more deaths and more funnelling embezzled billions through Western banks and the stock market.

It's been widely-known for almost 30 years and perhaps the day is coming when the monies and assets are returned to the Russian people.

ETA - here's an article on Browder that's free to read - Browder: Putin's Mention of Me in Helsinki Shows Sanctions' Bite.
edit on 7.18.2018 by Kandinsky because: added link

new topics

top topics

join