It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Van Morrison gets his revenge via the power of music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm wasn't sure if i should've put this in jokes & pranks, but rest assured you will laugh either way.

Many of you folk would be aware of Van Morrison, whose breakout hit was Brown Eyed Girl and he went on to make many albums. However one album he released is legendary-not by it's music but by reputation as it was one of the greatest middle finger salutes in music history, and the result was The complete bang sessions an album so bad that it's good.

The story goes that Morrison was not happy with the recording label and wanted out, however he was contractually obligated to provide another album, and boy did he, with a out of tune guitar and i dare say a few illicit substances coursing through his veins he marched into the recording studio and...well just listen to these.

Here's Morrison's deep musings on ring worm, apparently it's a very common disease.

And this delightful ditty will make you crave for a danish, or possibly a sandwich.

And here is the great man speaking in tongue while he tries to stifle the hiccups.

Other such musical marvels on this album include You say France and i'll whistle, Here comes dumb George, and the unforgettable wobble and ball. Many people loathe their bosses or other commitments, and some would consider flipping the bird to their superior, but if you ever want to get your message through, do it the right way. The Van Morrison way.

Or you could call in sick Monday and pretend to have ring worm, after all it is a very common disease.
edit on 17-7-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
I'm wasn't sure if i should've put this in jokes & pranks, but rest assured you will laugh either way.

Many of you folk would be aware of Van Morrison, whose breakout hit was Brown Eyed Girl and he went on to make many albums. However one album he released is legendary-not by it's music but by reputation as it was one of the greatest middle finger salutes in music history, and the result was The complete bang sessions an album so bad that it's good.

The story goes that Morrison was not happy with the recording label and wanted out, however he was contractually obligated to provide another album, and boy did he, with a out of tune guitar and i dare say a few illicit substances coursing through his veins he marched into the recording studio and...well just listen to these.

Here's Morrison's deep musings on ring worm, apparently it's a very common disease.

And this delightful ditty will make you crave for a danish, or possibly a sandwich.

And here is the great man speaking in tongue while he tries to stifle the hiccups.

Other such musical marvels on this album include You say France and i'll whistle, Here comes dumb George, and the unforgettable wobble and ball. Many people loathe their bosses or other commitments, and some would consider flipping the bird to their superior, but if you ever want to get your message through, do it the right way. The Van Morrison way.

Or you could call in sick Monday and pretend to have ring worm, after all it is a very common disease.

On the White Album by the Beatles there is a song with two versions. Honey Pie and Honey Pie Reprise. John does something like that to the nice little ditty out of hate for all the love song stuff Paul was contributing. That stuff made them all rich. This one might hit a good nerve by being so out of it harmonically but not likely.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Sadly in many respects I think VM at his worst is better than many at their best.
His voice
Anyway, never knew about the bang sessions, pretty cool

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

You must be a Youngin........Van the Man Morrison's breakout hit was "Gloria" with Them.

Everybody!! know the song Gloria......

She came around Midnight.....

Them is the Real Morrison......
edit on 17-7-2018 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join