It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was our universe before the Big Bang?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: blackcrowe
What is known from immediately after the "big bang" though is based on data.

Who was there to collect the data?

The data i mentioned is from just after the "big bang till now. And is based on years of observation and experiments and telescopes etc.

As i did say though. I have no answer.

I put the vid up because it's interesting to see the big brains discuss the question.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Itisnowagain

If there were no words or ideas....... what is there really?

Depends what you're looking for.

Why not look for what is looking?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

What is known from immediately after the "big bang" though is based on data.

Who was there to collect the data?

The data i mentioned is from just after the "big bang till now. And is based on years of observation and experiments and telescopes etc.

Only now can be seen now.

I put the vid up because it's interesting to see the big brains discuss the question.

Big brains are deceiving you!

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Do you need to look for some 'thing' now? Or is now simply appearing as sight?

Not too sure what you mean here.

But. If it's there to be seen. Then why not look?

The problem with now appearing as sight is. The universe is expanding. And there will come a point where everything is too far away to see.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Do you need to look for some 'thing' now? Or is now simply appearing as sight?

Not too sure what you mean here.

But. If it's there to be seen. Then why not look?

Can you not see these words?
Can you choose not to see what is appearing (now)? Do you have to look or is now simply appearing?

The problem with now appearing as sight is. The universe is expanding. And there will come a point where everything is too far away to see.

'The universe is expanding' is a story - something learned but not experienced.
Where ever you are.........there is something appearing.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

All i see is my mistake of not looking what forum this good question in the OP was posted in first.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Like the guy that said wash, rinse , repeat, I believe the cycle is similar to a circle. Something that neither starts or ends.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: amsterdamn87
Like the guy that said wash, rinse , repeat, I believe the cycle is similar to a circle. Something that neither starts or ends.

Now never starts or ends............it just constantly appears different.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Judy21
Theoretical physicists and cosmologists have to find answers to the most fundamental questions: "Why are we here?", "When did the universe appear?" And "How did this happen?" However, despite the obvious importance of finding answers to these questions, there is a question that dwarfs them all with their interest: "What was before the Big Bang?".

Why do these questions have to be answered?
What is the obvious importance of finding the answers to the questions?

edit on 10-7-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Judy21

One theory is there was a "big crunch"

Basically everything in the previous universe was smashed into infinite density... after which came La Big bang...

Wash, rinse, repeat

I'll go with that idea

I'm down with this too 👍🏻👍🏻
edit on 10-7-2018 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I was pretty young when I came to that conclusion, I thought eventually black holes would "suck" up everything until only one remained.

Boom.

Scientists say that spacetime is expanding too fast for gravity to overcome. In other words, everything can't be put back into Pandora's box.

The big crunch, like two cells colliding together and the insides of one being pumped into the other? I've heard that one before, everything came from somewhere, it wasn't recycled in the traditional sense.

Kinda makes sense to me the big crunch theory.. If it's a wash, rinse, repeat kind of thing does that mean I've wrote this post many times before?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
Before the Big Bang was the previous universe.

The present universe was born from the death of the previous.

What was before the " Previous Universe " ?

If the cycle keeps repeating, then logic says there had to be an " initial universe " to start it all.

The question is, how did that " initial universe " come about.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: Akragon

I was pretty young when I came to that conclusion, I thought eventually black holes would "suck" up everything until only one remained.

Boom.

Scientists say that spacetime is expanding too fast for gravity to overcome. In other words, everything can't be put back into Pandora's box.

The big crunch, like two cells colliding together and the insides of one being pumped into the other? I've heard that one before, everything came from somewhere, it wasn't recycled in the traditional sense.

Kinda makes sense to me the big crunch theory.. If it's a wash, rinse, repeat kind of thing does that mean I've wrote this post many times before?

But , ask yourself what is the force behind the expansion ? What happens when that force expires ?
Gravity takes over again.

If it's a wash, rinse, repeat kind of thing does that mean I've wrote this post many times before?

Not in this universe.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
Before the Big Bang was the previous universe.

The present universe was born from the death of the previous.

so how did the previous universe start?

there has to be a start, so how did all of this start and what triggered it ???

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

But , ask yourself what is the force behind the expansion ? What happens when that force expires ? 
Gravity takes over again. 

Seemingly something we know pretty much nothing about, dark matter. I'm not an astrophysicist, I'm led to believe expansion is increasing, as in actual accelerated expansion and not just more space between objects whilst space expands at a constant rate.

Don't quote me on that though...

What if everything does end up too far apart to ever be put back together again?

Not in this universe. 

So somebody is counting or are the results different every time?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Is there really such a thing as now? Or is it another construct we use when trying to define our reality? Where does the present exist exactly between which moment to the next, is it a mili second or a billionth of a second etc...?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Did now ever start? Will now ever end?

It is only appearing things which start and end - and all appearing things appear now and disappear now.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Spader

Same here. I think Stephen Hawking said something like: The Human brain is only built to understand things that it can see. If you say to someone I have ten apples hidden behind my back, they can see ten apples in their head. If you say I have one hundred cats in that box, you can imagine that but if you were to say I have an infinite number of cats the human brain struggles to comprehend something like that. - And that is where I stand.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Is there really such a thing as now? Or is it another construct we use when trying to define our reality? Where does the present exist exactly between which moment to the next, is it a mili second or a billionth of a second etc...?

That is an interesting question.
When have you known a 'time' when it is not now?
How long is now?

Now is not in time - the concept of time appears now.
edit on 10-7-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

logic says there had to be an " initial universe " to start it all.

Logic doesn't necessarily follow, as in the highly illogical world of quantum mechanics.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join