It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd things in video games...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well, I know this link is a bit old and odd, but I feel I must post it.

www.aethiamud.org...

But that is not the main point of this post. Communist Mario is not the main point...I just thought it would be a kicker...

Lately, I have been playing the hell out of the Mega Man collection. It has MM 1-8 and it is certifiably golden. You cannot complain about this collection.

But, I did find one thing a bit odd. As many of you may know that Dr. Wily (The main villain of the series) looks a lot like Albert Einstein. Partially bald head, long white hair, mustache...he got's da looks. And many of us know that Einstein is considered the godfather of the bomb.

So, the question is do you think the Japanese intentionally made Wily look like Einstein in an effort make people despise one of the greatest minds of our time?

Also, Mega Man is your typical Japanese anime guy. (Astro Boy, Metropolis, etc...) He has the big feet and calves. He also has big forearms while the rest of his body is skinny. Perhaps it is a secret goal to have Japanese kids kill Einstein...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a little mustered up anomisty you say??? nahhhh.... lol

einstein might very well be the epitome of capcoms hatred, but i dont think its intentially just to be like him. just a cooky sort of mad scientist, life long fan mega man kicks arse!!!

beware the blue bombers hammer barage!!!

:bash:
:bash:

ahhh super charge!!!

flame strike!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Communist Mario made me laugh. I'm not sure how serious this all is but anybody else heard of the Mario drug references. Suposedly items like the flowers and mushrooms are supposed to be like drugs. Notice how the mushrooms give you lives, or make you big. It's pretty interesting when you think about it.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hey, in Mario the Lost Worlds they have mushrooms that can kill you as well...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
yeah and in real life there are mushrooms that can kill you. i wonder what the leaf represents?

koopa power forever

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The leaf gives him the racoon tail...the racoon tail lets him FLY...so you could say this wonderful leaf gets him HIGH...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA,

I like that communist mario thing. He does sorta look like stalin.....

"This is not made up! Its in the f'ing game!" Nice.......

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
In Zelda II (long time ago) Link gets his life back by either collecting hearts or having sex with hookers (the fastest way).

Ever notice that? They don't show it, but that's what he's doing in there.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well, where do you think GTA gets that part from?

Anywho, Boy and his Blob tells us to feed our problems away...

And if Sonic has his way, we would all be tree-hugging hippies...(He goes around destroying machines, trying to free the wabbits....)

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hey oxman thanxs i didn't know i could laugh that hard in a long time (cummunist mario) *chuckles

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
that was a very funny site but in all seriousness, rant you must tell me where the hookers are in zelda 2

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
scorp,

They are every where. "You look tired. Come inside for healing." What type of healing do you think it is? I will suffice it so say that it is in reference to a very sexual song...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
that is very weird and very funny

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well, in FF7 it's about fighting the Corporation and saving the world from machines. In FFX it's about how machina(machines) are evil and we don't need them to live happily, and how machines bring Sin. Think maybe they against modern tech/big corporations? Or in Madden football games it's all about winning and advancing to the Super Bowl, the King of Advertising? Think maybe Madden supports big business?(the Madden part is a joke, sarcasm....)

new topics

top topics

join