It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you heard of the Jezebel spirit?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The Jezebel spirit is rebellious, jealous and vindictive. She wants to dominate and control. Sounds like my last relationship. I kid I kid. Anyway...

Story of Jezebel in the bible

According to the Books of Kings in the Hebrew Bible, Jezebel incited her husband King Ahab to abandon the worship of Yahweh and encourage worship of the deities Baal and Asherah instead. Jezebel persecuted the prophets of Yahweh, and fabricated evidence of blasphemy against an innocent landowner who refused to sell his property to King Ahab, causing the landowner to be put to death. For these transgressions against the God and people of Israel, Jezebel met a gruesome death—thrown out of a window by members of her own court retinue, and the flesh of her corpse eaten by stray dogs.

Identifying The Spirit of Jezebel

Refuses to admit guilt or wrong

Takes credit for everything

Uses people to accomplish its agenda

Withholds information

Lies

One-upmanship

Commands attention

This last one I am listing is a big one that is prevalent in todays culture, narcissism. I'm not saying this all the Jezebel spirit because I'm not 100% convinced this is what it is but it sure is prevalent in todays world.

www.scielo.org.za..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Scholarly study of Jezebel

Pippin (1995:221) writes that Southern women in the United States of America define Jezebel as a cheap harlot, scheming, promiscuous, a female gigolo, a biblical queen, evil and treacherous, wicked, wild, uninhibited, cute, happy, slinky, powerful, calculating, ambitious, ruthless and self-centred, and so the list continues. Hence Ferris Beach (2005:x) can introduce her book on the fictitious correspondence of Jezebel by asking the question, ‘Was Jezebel ... really a slut?’ Pippin (1995:222) states that the ambiguous and complex character of Jezebel in the Bible serves as an archetypal bitch-witch-queen in misogynist representations of women.

This article indicated that reference to a Jezebel spirit in the modern church is based on a misreading of the biblical narratives in the books of Kings as well as a misunderstanding of the notion of characterisation in narratives. Recent developments in hermeneutical methods that draw attention to these matters should be taken seriously by preachers of the Word in the church as well as by institutions preparing men and women for the ministry

The author of this study concludes that the churches observations or teachings about the Jezebel spirit are a misunderstanding. I find it interesting none the less as there's obviously this kind of spirit alive in modern culture. I however see it as an allegory or mythological story to convey an idea or message. Many mythological stories usually embody a message from our ancient past and I think many of the old testament stories are examples of such mixed with real stories or parts of real stories.

For those of you who are more inclined to watch a video on the topic this is a pretty good over view of the Jezebel.

We have many challenges in the modern world. In my opinion today's world is far more selfish and fractured than it's been in the past. Some will say that's it just more obvious due to the internet but I think times are changing.

edit on 8-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Sounds like my scorpio mother lmao

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Are we talking the Kardashians ?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Jealousy an ugly thing, and the crimson harlot of Babylon supposed to ride it. Then again, so is Yah Web with the whole jealous god thing.

There is one Greek myth about narcism, where a guy named Narcissus, stares into his into reflection so much so, he eventually died. What about the primordial Lilith and the medieval an victorian Baphomet? I'm sure they will never let it go.
edit on 8-7-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Wow, that is my ex. Ask the other three husbands and numerous other almost husbands she had after me, they will agree with me.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
An often unmentioned attribute of the nacrissist spirit is that it dislikes those who love them. I hate to say that I have felt this way many times in my past. Potential to love squandered due to this spirit.

Humility destroys this spirit.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

One of my ex's sounds like... TIMES (10) X!!!!! 'Cept she threw men out the window and SHE ate the stray dogs.....

Sorry...you gave me flashbacks.. A "Jezebel" she was.....

Please continue.......

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Here's a one time warn to all who seek to politicize OBVIOUSLY non political threads...

DON'T

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I think the description in the video pertains to men or women.
It seems like the spirit of Hollywood.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

My mother-in-law had the Jezebel spirit, but no one has heard of her. A popular political figure was the first who came to mind, after my wife's mom.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

So I had the chance to read the thread but I do not have the chance to watch the video. On my way to a hotel in flagstaff for work. I feel that all of these attributes should be looked at in todays society’s. As they could and probably would give a good indication of ones character.

If you could give me a break down of the video that would be bo cool. I am low on data LOL

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Woops! Hah
edit on 9-7-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
Here's a one time warn to all who seek to politicize OBVIOUSLY non political threads...

DON'T

I caught what you said just in time...even tho there are some matches...to...political people....but I digress!
edit on 9-7-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The video early on says that the Jezebel spirit can be expressed by men, but that it's overwhelmingly a female personality type.
After that it's mostly a Christian misogynist's wet dream.
Lol

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elostone
The video early on says that the Jezebel spirit can be expressed by men, but that it's overwhelmingly a female personality type.
After that it's mostly a Christian misogynist's wet dream.
Lol

Ugh. Good luck to ya. I can't say much else lol. But I think your opinion is so far off from reality. I think I'm allowed to say that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join