It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK woman dies after being exposed to nerve agent novichok

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Police are working on theory that the couple came into contact with agent the was left from earlier attempt on the
Russians

Also stated this gut was a scavenger, may have picked up a discarded container which held the agent while being transported

Trying to get info from this guy as to movements prior to falling ill

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I was just assuming this was residue left over from the previous attack on the two people from earlier. They thought they had it cleaned up and missed some, but I haven't been paying close attention.

The alternative ... that someone in the UK is running around poisoning random people is downright frightening, but if that's the case, then this isn't likely Russian backed. Everyone wants to jump there because the Russians made the stuff originally.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

You know.......this is just blasted damn weird. And why in the UK? None of it makes any sense to me. Makes it sound as if someone has a stock pile of this stuff......in the UK?

Something is really off with all of this.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Of course there is something off about this. Killing people with nerve agents is cruel and inhumane in every way possible. Nothing about this is normal and while it may have been a peripheral contamination as a result of an initial attack, it is still a crime being committed on UK soil, likely perpetrated by a foreign entity.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

This particular nerve agent is very rare and produced in Russia. Even if they were exposed due to indiscriminate contamination it is still an attack.

Just more speculation...Does the US have a stockpile of this nerve agent? Or Israel...?

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You have google.

It's always America and the Jews.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

No, this a Russian (Soviet) invention developed in 1980s

Formula was given to CIA following collapse of Soviet Union - which shocked US intelligence who did not know of the Soviet developments in the field of advanced chemical weapons

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

No, this a Russian (Soviet) invention developed in 1980s

Formula was given to CIA following collapse of Soviet Union - which shocked US intelligence who did not know of the Soviet developments in the field of advanced chemical weapons

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

As I mentioned before, the formula for this is widely known. Wiki mentions that the first spectral analysis was done on a sample generated in a lab in Iran of all places.

I think it's something that needs a sophisticated setup to produce which more or less rules out the idea of homebrew, but most state actors could easily have the wherewithal to produce it.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Lat '80s was a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, when ever it gets weird like this, I always think Black ops.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Don't think it was unequivocally proven that the last batch came from Russia through.

Could have been made anywhere, the Portadown facility for instance.

The precursor agents for Novichok could be made at any pesticide or fertilizer manufacturing plant.
edit on 8-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT
a reply to: Alien Abduct

And what makes that more likely than this was a tragic consequence of Russia deploying a nerve agent it developed against a former KGB Officer on UK soil?

There can be other likely scenarios.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=2356

Its the last thing Russia would contemplate, around the time of hosting the World Cup, its more the sort of thing that somebody would do to stop the World Cup. The amount of foreign people getting a good look at Russia, and then realizing that its not the sort of place portrayed in the fake news outlets , does real harm to their credibility. The Russians doing it didn't gain the traction it was supposed to have done. With the amount of camera surveillance in Britain, if they don't get a shot of the suspect, and a good idea of who planted the stuff, then it sort of points the finger of suspicion some where else.
The expulsion of Russian diplomats for less than creditable reasons ,which is an extreme act seems to suggest that someone has their agenda worked out.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
The don't open murder investigations unless they believe one has been committed.

I don't know, I don't pretend to know how the UK police works.

This particular nerve agent is very rare and produced in Russia. Even if they were exposed due to indiscriminate contamination it is still an attack.

This particular nerve agent can be produced by any first world country. If they were exposed due to an accident, to me, it's not an attack, as an attack needs intent.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
It says in the the first two sentences in the OP that her death is under a murder investigation. Did you read the OP?

I did, I just like to see evidences before assuming things.

I think the fact the authorities are handling it as a murder is a pretty good indicator that there is evidence of foul play.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I think the fact the authorities are handling it as a murder is a pretty good indicator that there is evidence of foul play.

I think the fact the authorities are handling it as a murder is a sign that they suspect foul play.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

I think the fact the authorities are handling it as a murder is a sign that they suspect foul play.

Would they suspect foul play if there was zero evidence of foul play? Sheesh lmfao

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I read somewhere that she found the empty vial from the previous poisoning of the father and daughter.

You say attack, i say misfortune..

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

This whole situation is awful and while it brings up the ghosts of Russian poison attacks in the UK, It is also likely that this attack came from the Middle East. Russian weapons of all kinds are on the market in those parts of the world.

Not just Russian

So, who was attacked? I'm assuming if must be someone of significance, and if not, then it was an accidental death, but then, who was the actual target? So much information missing from the story there's no way to say definitively what happened.

Additionally, the first story of Novichok being used was suspicious, this one is no different

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join